main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Costume/Prop/Armor and so on Workshop

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by ObeyTheFist, May 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    Willing to have it at my place. Maybe the saturday evening after the Library day?

2. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    Sounds good to me. I'll need some help on my Tusken.

3. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    very cool... did you buy a kit or are you making it on your own.

4. Qui-Gon-Matt

Apr 20, 2005
    I'm going to make it all, hopefully Jess and Lor can give me a hand.

5. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    I am sure they will. Tuskens RULE! But Jawas kick their a55!

6. Qui-Gon-Matt

Apr 20, 2005
    I'm short but not short enough to make a Jawa costume

7. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    thats what kids are for!

8. propgeek1701

propgeek1701 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Younglings... yes! Short enough they are, and nicely will do when midgets unavailable are. Furtive and childlike are their movements in Episode IV.

-yoda

9. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    going to start collecting things for my vaporator as well.

10. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Varz, is there a tutorial for the vaporator somewhere?

11. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    not that I know of... kinda going on instinct with it... bugged Lor & propgeek on it. But I want to build to 2/3rd scale for my backyard...

12. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    okay, just looked at some shots... maybe not 2/3rd scale. Possibly half or 1/3 scale. Have to go measure my fence.

13. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    I work on real evaporator's and condensor's. Some use 404a, 501ba , ammonia, liquid nitrogen ,r-22. I can score old parts and junk for your prop.

14. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    that would be great. looking into it any help that will reduce cost will be great. possibly looking at between 10 - 15feet tall...

15. propgeek1701

Apr 27, 2005
    Joseph, you kill me! How many careers are you juggling right now, bro?! I'm just looking for a job, lol.

R22? We're talking about the tall spindly moisture 'vaporators dotting the Tatooine landscape, right? See the upper right hand corner of this screen.

We need boxes and cylinders plus some hardware greeblies and a wind vane. Can you help with any of that stuff?

Varza, got a rough blueprint you could email me?

16. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    I multitask...... have many iron's in the fire.

17. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    propgeek - lor and I have been working on getting pictures and images to figure out what we will need. Maybe you should come with us to figure things out. We will be hitting Lowes, Home Depot and the Surplus store over the next few weeks or so.

Not going to rush anything and unfortunatly, due to the size its not going to be able to be moved. We are actually going to be a cement base on it at least 24" into the ground so it doesn't blow over.

joseph - we will probably need knobs, pressure valves, vents and so on. Maybe if you don't have it we can hit a junk yard.

The nice thing is it does not have to be exactly like the movie. Each homesteads vaporators were different due to the fact that many made their own or renovated theirs over time.

did you guys want to meet up and we can discuss it?

18. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    well, i just spoke with a friend that works for the builder I bought my house from on the home owners association. I have to get approval from them before I can start building. So the next few weeks will be worked on getting dimensions, the artwork done and so on. Don't want to buy anything before I get approval.

All because it will be so damn big!

19. obi-chris-kenobi

obi-chris-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    If they give you a hard time about, maybe you could build it in removeable sections. That way you could say it wasn't permanent. I don't know how hard that would be, but it might be something to think about.

20. propgeek1701

Apr 27, 2005
    Yes, Varza, give me a call and we'll go hit Surplus City and Electronic Surplus.

Here's a thought. Put a 4x4 steel cased hole in the ground for a base, and it will be easily removable, and nobody from the homeowners association will have anything to say about it. No reason why this deal needs to weigh a ton. It just needs to be secure enough to not blow over, right? I'd like to build a smaller lighter one for trooping. That and an R2.

No, I'm not just dreaming. I'm serious.

I'll PM you my phone number. Call me.

-propgeek

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.