main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX Costume / Prop / Armor Mod - Party coming soon . . .

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by ObiJuan70, Dec 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Greetings Friends, the Star Garrison Alamo outpost will be having a party coming soon in which those of us that have costumes, props, or armor to be worked on or discussed about can meet with others to get some work done. It is set for this coming new year and I will post the exact date of when this will occur.

If you have stuff that needs to be worked on, this will be your time to get busy on it. If you have a costume that you would like to do, post which SW costume you'd like to do so that if someone has some resources on that costume, they can bring em to the party.

We're looking forward in hearing some feedback on this, so please post away.

Take Care

John Laurel
    TD7012
    Star Garrison - Alamo Outpost
    The Star Garrison Alamo Outpost
    Website coming soon !!!

2. Wicket1979

Wicket1979 Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2003
    Hey John, well it looks like I finally got a response!! I am now official TB9626, I can now join your meetings and events. Hope to see you all soon!

new recurit

John Esparza
    TB9626
    Star Garrison

3. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    WELCOME JOHN !!!!

Good to have you Officially in the ranks of the Empire my friend :)

Prepare for future mass emails of things that are planned for the Alamo Outpost :)

Take Care

TD7012 - OUT !!!
    John Laurel

4. StormLeader

StormLeader Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 29, 2002
    Welcome aboard. Like John said prepare for the barage of emails and events. 2004 looks to be a very active year for the 501st here in SA. We welcome your involvement and suggestions.

Jim Marshall
    501st Stormtrooper TK-6411
    Star Garrison
    Alamo Outpost
    San Antonio, Tx

5. tre_si_san

tre_si_san Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2004
    Hello everyone, my name is Alex Trevino. I am new to this board and reside in San Antonio. I have briefly met John Esparza. I am about 90% done on my Speeder Biker outfit. Trying to make the rubies helmet mods that I need to do. As soon as that is complete I plan to apply to the 501st. I have read some of your Monster board postings. I also know Jason, though I have not heard from or seen him since September. I am a member of the USS Bexar Star Trek fan club here and administer the website. www.ussbexar.org Would like to eventually meet up and work on armor or learn how to make mine even better.

Alex
    tre_si_san

6. StormLeader

Oct 29, 2002
    Alex great to hear from you. Please feel free to email me: Jim Marshall stormleader501@hotmail.com . I know John, myself and the rest of the 501st here in San Antonio would love to have you join us. We are having our next official meeting at Bullpepprer's restaurant on San Pedro at 1pm Sun 18 Jan 04 and you are most welcome to attend. We are also planning like John said a mod party so please email me or John: ObiJuan70@aol.com . I look forward to meeting you as I also share a great interest in Star Trek and have a TOS command uniform and have liked what I have seen of your website.

Jim Marshall
    Star Garrison
    San Antonio, Tx

7. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    Hey Alex, good to see ya post on here :)

If you need any help on your armor buddy don't hesitate to ask me and or Jim for assistance cause we'll be glad to help out :)

Take Care and Welcome

John Laurel
    TD7012
    Star Garrison - Alamo Outpost

8. tre_si_san

Jan 1, 2004
    Jim, John, thanks for the hearty welcome. I look forward meeting you guys soon. :)

Thanks to my wife, the armor has come together nicely. All I need is to do the helmet mods.

Oh, one thing for sure that I am going to have trouble with is how to best attach the tank topper to the tank itself. :confused:

Jim, I will email you shortly and give you a rundown on myself. My work schedule is Saturday through Wednesday.

Alex

9. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    Alrighty Friends, the dates that we are deciding on for the Party is either the 17th or 24th of this month. Between those days and now, if you have a costuming project you'd like to work, please post it here and if someone has some resources they can share with you, they can gather those resources together for you before the party.

Take Care Friends and I shall see some of you at the SAFF meeting.

John Laurel
    TD7012
    Star Garrison
    Alamo Outpost

10. tre_si_san

Jan 1, 2004
    Hey guys, what time if any has been chosen to meet on either the 17th or 24th? I am off at 7pm and if the meeting is in the later afternoon or evening I could probably stop by. I am looking for help on switching out the lens on my speeder bike helmet.

Alex

11. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    Hey Alex, it's looking more closer to the 17th - I'm sure we will be working through the evening. We should have the final word on it this weekend since it will be a topic discussed at the meeting.

Hope to see you there :)

Take Care Friend

John

12. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    Greetings Friends, Mark JANUARY 17th in your calendars for the Mod Party. We will meet at Jim's office off of Judson Rd at 6pm. If you want, some of us will be at the Live Oak Toy Show that day so if you want to meet us there, we look forward in seeing you :)

Directions

Corporate Computers 13777 Judson Road Ste 102

Take Care Friends
    TD7012 - OUT !!!
    John Laurel
    501st Star Garrison
    Alamo Outpost

13. StormLeader

Oct 29, 2002
    Alex your a very welcome to attend the mod party. Currently the plan is for us to meet from 4-9pm 17 Jan at my office 13777 Judson Rd Suite 102 and we'll see who shows.

Jim Marshall
    Star Garrison
    San Antonio, Tx

14. tre_si_san

Jan 1, 2004
    Jim, John:

I will certainly be there. I am just needing to finish the mod to my helmet which I need help on. Then it will be all done....WOO HOO!!! See you guys there!

Alex

15. StormLeader

Oct 29, 2002
    Alex, great to hear you will be there. It should be fun.

Jim Marshall
    Star Garrison
    San Antonio, Tx

16. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    I wanted to thank everyone that made our gathering last nite, it was great to see you there and it was also great to meet some new faces. Alex !!! - Glad you were able to make it Bro and I'm glad we were able to get your lens on your helmet to your liking. Welcome to the SG !!!

Take Care Friends

John Laurel
    501st Star Garrison
    South Texas Squad

17. tre_si_san

Jan 1, 2004
    Jim, John and everyone:

Thanks for inviting me and welcoming me in to the SG. I must say I felt very welcomed and right at home.

As for working on my helmet, YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!! Your knowledge and years of experience showed right away and the game plan went off without a hitch.

I hope to be able to attend more events and or meetings.

Later Bros......

Alex

18. Wicket1979

Wicket1979 Jedi Youngling

Oct 12, 2003
    Hey all I'm sorry I didn't make it to the meeting. I was on my way and got a flat to my surprise relaized I didn't have my jack. So I was stuck on I-10 for about 10 mins before I had to start walking to a phone. By the time I was all set with a new tire it was pretty late around 9:pm I hope next time there will not be anything in the way or that stops me.

19. StormLeader

Oct 29, 2002
    Michael, sorry to hear the bad news. I hope that all is going better and that things will work out better for you next time. We had a great time at the prop/mod party and the afternoon lunch meeting with Rudy and his great family was terrific. We hope to see you soon.

Alex, thanks for the kind words. I am glad you are happy with the mod's to your Biker Scout Helmet - it was fun. I know Kim and myself had a blast and am glad to have had the opportunity to meet you face to face. You are welcome to attend any 501st function /event while your membership is pending official approval as we know your membership will be approved without question. Alex and Michael, If I can be of any further help don't hesitate to ask.

Jim Marshall
    Star Garrison
    South Texas Squad
    San Antonio, Tx
    862-6652

20. robkun

robkun Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2002
    john and jim, i want to say thank you for inviting me to the props meeting last night. you guys are so great at the things you do with your projects. i,m also grateful you guys go out of your way to help anyone who wants to join up in the star garrison. i look forward to starting on my at-st driver's outfit, once i get going on the red royal guard outfit first. i plan on being in the 501st soon. i got nothing but love for you guys. it was good to see you again alex. i hope to see you at other future events soon. take care guys. rob

21. StormLeader

Oct 29, 2002
    Rob, thanks. You are most welcome. As I said if you need to use Kim's Royal Guard costume you are more than welcome to as she will be using the Imperial Officer's Costume nearly 100% of the time from now on. Just contact me before an event and we can make arangements for you to get the costume a day or so before the 501st event. If I can be of any help let me know.

Jim Marshall
    Star Garrison
    South Texas Squad
    San Antonio, Tx
    862-6652

22. Sith_Mistress

Sith_Mistress Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    It was great to see everyone again, but I'm sorry that I missed meeting Alex. Maybe another time, I guess. It was also very impressive to see the "Monster Cloning Facility" at work.

Hope to see all of you again soon
    Lisa

23. StormLeader

Oct 29, 2002
    Lisa, it was fun. Glad everyone who made it to the party had a good time. We will do another one soon.

Jim Marshall
    Star Garrison
    South Texas Squad
    San Antonio, Tx

24. ObiJuan70

Jan 1, 2001
    Alex !!! - Thank you for the kind words Bro!! - Jim and myself do what we can to help out awesome people like yourself and you are always welcome to any event we have planned . . .

Michael, man you should've called us buddy, one of us could have picked ya up man. Keep in touch man :)

Again, a BIG THANK YOU to everyone that was able to attend, we will be having MORE of these mod parties since I will be working on my next project (Can you say . . . CLONETROOPER ?!?!?), and I know that we have more people that need the aid of the MONSTER CLONING FACILITY !!!!

Take Care Friends

TD7012 - OUT !!!
    John Laurel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.