main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Costume rate-me site

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by lrgreen, Jul 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lrgreen

lrgreen Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2005
    Hi!

Just wanted to let everyone know there's a new site for rating costumes, and includes a category for Sci-fi.

It's new so there isn't much on it yet, but it's growing!

2. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    What is the URL?

3. davisjaron

davisjaron Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    haha... yea thats nice man... theres a new site... it just doesn't have a name or a url, lol. Please add something.

4. hofie

hofie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2002
    haha there's a site on the internet where you can do stuff. k bye.

5. lrgreen

lrgreen Jedi Youngling

Jul 27, 2005
    Sorry, I tried to use the url button and it didn't work

http://www.costumerating.com/

Thanks!

6. PadawansGuide

PadawansGuide Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 26, 2002
    It just looks like another venue for folks to take pot-shots at other's costumes. I've seen these types of websites before and they can get quite cruel. It doesn't seem to distinguish between period and quasi-historical and movie costumes. I would certainly hope that there is some mechanism to make sure folks are submitting their own costumes, and not random pics on the internet that aren't of them. Is there a point to the site, other than just judging other people with no particular judging criteria?

Also, I know folks involved with the site have been soliticing testers or what-have-you on several different forums. If you are involved with the site, it might be nice to say so instead of posting "here's a cool new site". And if you're not involved with the site, then never mind!

7. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    I was also made aware of this site through another forum and personally didn't see much value in it. (Kind of like a who's hot and who's not web site). Just my opinion.

- Kay Dee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.