main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY Costume suggestion for my wife.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarkLordOsirisPrime1, Feb 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

DarkLordOsirisPrime1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2006
    Hey everybody. I was talking to my wife this weekend and she is toying with the idea of getting a costume. The one thing she wants, definitely, is something that hides all her features, but isn't a TK or something similiar. Any suggestions?

2. thesilverspyder

thesilverspyder Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2007
    well, you've got Jedi Master Plo Koon. Simple costume. Inexpensive mask.

I don't think I've met your wife, but she could pick almost any one of the Padme outfits.

Or if she wants to go darkside, Revan or Exile or an Imperial officer.

3. TK8049

TK8049 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 3, 2006
    x wing pilot would be pretty cool and fairly inexpensive i would say.

4. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    A female Tusken would be great, or any alien creature from the catina would provide full coverage, or any of the other aliens, anywhere from a Bossk to a Gamorrean Guard. I agree with TK8049 about any of the pilot outfits. Of course, we still need a Death Star Gunner or AT-AT driver which I think would be super. She would have to have a helmet but not near as much armor as a TK. Of course a SnowTrooper would be nice too - a little more armor but wayyy awesome!

Then there is the jedi route - the ones I think would look great are Barriss Offee, Luminara Unduli, or a Shak Ti (that one may be taken already - I know someone had mentioned it). These would provide great coverage through detailed clothing and makeup (if that won't bother her) and would add a lot of dimension to the group.

Of course I think an interesting character though perhaps not very attractive for a female to wear, but definitely would cover everything up, is Garindan - the snouted alien...wait - why am I explaining this? And you could probably find a squeeze toy to make the voice sound.

5. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

Dec 18, 2006
    After talking to my wife and discussing what she would like in a costume, we've pretty much settled on Garindan. Now, I just have to figure out how to build it. Any suggestions?

6. SithMonger

Dec 1, 2005
    Nailed it!!

And even here to offer help! Aren't I grand?

http://www.djsyczylo.net/costumes/Garindan/Garindan.htm

However, I would probably not use something as stiff as hanger wire but I really don't have any suggestions.

Here is better look at a complete mask - however, this one is a custom laytex one.
    http://lubattidesigns.com/custom-garidan.html

Ed-Vader has a tunic that I think would work that he may want to sell you if it fits. If not, he has the pattern. Then you just need the hooded cape (which he also may have the pattern for or something similar), which looks pretty thick, the goggles, a face covering, pants, boots and gloves. Oh, and dont forget the squeeze toy to make the voice sound.

Of course, absolutely no one much will know who she is. But, the better to spy on farmboys and smugglers with.

7. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

Dec 18, 2006
    Thanks for the suggestions sithmonger. I started messing around with some metal coat hangers last night, kinda as a test run. But it was not easy at all. I think I'll try some other wire types till I find something I like and go from there.

8. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    I can get you some copper wire that is much easier to make an armature with. I will try and remember to bring some this weekend.

9. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

Dec 18, 2006
    Thanks, that would really help.

10. SithMonger

Dec 1, 2005
    DLOP1, THIS is the thread you were supposed to post about your wife changing her mind about the costume. Get it right. Gosh!! ;)

11. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

Dec 18, 2006
    Clicked on the wrong one. So, to rehash my other post, my wife wants to do a female tusken. I've found a site to get the mask kit, and I've got a rough idea how to do the boots, pouch, and gloves. Now I just need to find someone that can sew. Neither my wife, nor I, have such abilities. And after making my jedi costume last year, my mom swore NEVER AGAIN! Any help would be appreciated. My wife really wants to start getting involved with the club, especially trooping.

12. thesilverspyder

thesilverspyder Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2007
    My friend Ian can sow like nobody's business, but he's going to charge you. He is good and he is reasonable though.

13. DarkLordOsirisPrime1

Dec 18, 2006
    We'll have to talk at the next meeting. One question, does he have to have a pattern?

14. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    Can he reap what he "sows"? lol

15. Nardo

Nardo Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2006
    Quit stealing my jokes, tkytrooper. Sorry, spyder. I couldn't help myself;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.