main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Costume Workshop 6-29-03

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by lgtsbr, Jun 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    Hi everyone

I wanted to post a reminder about the costume workshop this comming weekend.

I have ordered a bunch of extra leather for belts so if anyone wants to make a belt, just bring your ideas. If you do decide to do a belt for yourself, your cost is my cost. If not I am sure I can sell anything you guys dream up - except that belt Ryan came up with.....it doesn't seem to be popular.......

Kait and Chris - remember you still owe me ;) - and I will have some projects for the both of you......

I am putting together a map later today or tomorrow and I will post that as soon as it is done.

Hope to see everyone on Sunday

Dave

2. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    Yeah yeah, once I get back from Myrtle Beach

3. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    Oh - don't worry - that just gives me time to dream up more projects for you.....

I uploaded directions to my house here - It is in pdf format so you will need Acrobat Reader to open it. If you don't have Acrobat Reader - let me know - it is a free program that you just need to download or have me send it to you

4. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    Leather is here!!!

We are all ready for belt making.......

5. TheForceChoke

TheForceChoke Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2003
    how are you>?

I would love help makeing Anis belt from AOTC. I would never take it off... just jokeing.
    I will try to make it to the workshop. How much $ should I bring for materials and stuff? Mike blake may want to go too.
    I will let you know for sure on friday. If I will go or not.

Andrew

6. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    The only trouble I have had is the buckle in front - the guy who makes them (so I have heard) hasn't gotten back to me on the buckle

There is a buckle available at JoAnn Fabrics for $2.50 that will work for the belt. You can use gold or silver (depending on your color preference) - it is a side release buckle for 3/4 inch belt. I used a gold one recently on a Mahogany belt with Brass Rivets and it looked real good

See you Sunday

7. TheForceChoke

Jun 6, 2003
    what do you use for the stuff on the belt? like mechanical tool pouch, food and energy capsules, comlink pouch and medical kit?

Did you bring a Ani belt to that meeting I went to? I remember seeing one belt out of 3 I think that had Food/energy capsules.

8. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    The pouches are a whole different ball game - I am still working on them

I know that I made my personal belt out of a police duty belt and just used some of their pouches - I am going for the field Jedi or NJO costume......

Food Pellets I have - Covertec Clips I am running low - so don't worry about them.

9. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Heh...Dave's the food pellet master. :D

10. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    Thanks Katie!!!!! - But I wouldn't call me the master - my wife is the brains of this operation.........

11. TheForceChoke

Jun 6, 2003
    What time are you starting the belt makeing
    party?

12. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    2pm

You can get the directions from our Yahoo Group - I think I posted the link a couple post up....

If not let me know

13. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    What a day!

We managed to make 3 different belts today and let me say - great job everyone!

Matt did an awesome weathered black belt, Ryan played test subject with the new color again (he did that for the Mahogany too - must be glutten for punishment), and my wife did a black belt for an order I have.

A big thanks goes out to Mookie for dinner and helping me out today!

We want to start doing more of these costume workshops so that, hopefully, we can all have costumes in the very near future.

Mookie made a very good suggestion - if enough of us want to do a similar costume, ie Jedi, then maybe we should pool our money and buy the fabric that we need. Any thoughts????

Anyway - great jod today everyone!

Thanks for helping us "break" in our new home!

Dave

14. TheForceChoke

Jun 6, 2003
    Man I am sorry I missed it. I had other stuff going on. My Mom Just remarried and She just got back from her hunnymoon. I still want Anakins belt (complet with food and energy capsules). Pm or post here. Also give me the site with all your work on it plz.

Andrew

15. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    Hey Andrew

Bring your info to the next workshop and hopefully we will be able to help you.

I know I am in the process of researching Anakin's and Obi Wan's belt - I want to make them as accurate as possible.

The food pellets and belt clip are not a problem

Were you asking for pics from yesterday or past work? - just want to be clear on your question

Dave

16. TheForceChoke

Jun 6, 2003
    Any pics you got of stuff you want to show me would be cool.

The only referance pics I got on Anakins Belt from SW#2 is from the AOTC visual dictonary. I will bring this next time I see you if you want. You can also barow it if you like as well.

As far as what I want Just the belt (mmm I have not dicided if I want a brown one like Anakins got or a Black one, I almost always got some black on) and The food pellets and belt clip To start. Its posible I could help with the mechanical tool pouch, comlink pouch and medical kit? Millitary supplys may look like some of this stuff.

I must warn you I know nothing/to very little about this kind of thing. If I can help I will.

Andrew

17. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    Andrew -
    There are a lot of places online you can look for pictures of his belt. Several sites have images from Celebration II where the costume was displayed.

If you get a chance you may wanna surf around and see what you can find.

18. TheForceChoke

Jun 6, 2003
    Katie I will give it a look. I dont want to make a Anakin costume I just want to sport the belt.I am still thinking about what costume to do if any this summer. I gess both Jango or Boba are to hard and costly to make for me right now.

Katie have you seen any good male sandpeople (tusken (spelling) costumes?

Andrew

19. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    Yep, sure have. A lot of people buy kits to make the headpiece (which can get kinda costly) but there are some decent ones.

Hopefully I'll get to make a female raider soon (soon probably being in two years but.... :) ).

Haven't done a ton of research on them though, but there are some pics and tips available. Maybe check the costume and props boards here for starters, see what kind of info they've got.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.