main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Everett, WA COSTUME WORKSHOP/SEWING DAY SATURDAY, MAY 6th

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Cliodna_ben_Lhee, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    At My (Cate's) place in Everett From 11 am until we drop (if you need directions, PM me or check under the files area over at our yahoo forum, I placed a word document there that has directions to my place there)

We set this up as a day to help each other work on our pirate costumes for The POC vewing in July, but you can work on anything else you like as well.

I will have at least 3 tables to work on, I will set up one for a cutting table, one for a construction area and another for miscellaneous type of work. I have two sewing machines and Cheryl will bring hers as well.

If you have extra patterns, fabric, notions, trims etc.. that you are willing to share with others, please bring them, we have some non-sewers attending and it would help them get all gussied up for the POC event

2. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    I talked to Marlow an she won't be able to make it on Saturday, So I am offering to have a day two of the costume workshop on the 7th as well, only we will have to try and finish up by 5 or 6pm sunday

3. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Saturday is the better day for me.

4. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    that'll be fine cheryl, I think most people were planning to come Saturday as well, so we will be having a two day workshop

5. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
  6. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Should we bring a lunch or are we going to pitch in for something?

7. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    I was thinking we'd all pitch in on a pizza or something? Alfies is half price till 2. Plus, I will have chips and dips and veggies and other munchables

8. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    I've got a coupon for 3 footlong subs for $11.99 at Subway. I can get one veggie and the other two meat.
    I'm burned out on Alfie's pizza. Everything they buy use pizza at work it's Alfies. Plus, pizza would be greasy around all our material.

9. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    "Plus, pizza would be greasy around all our materil"
    good point!

I can handle subs sammys

So, there is a subway near my place on 4th ave w (I think)

10. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    well, we had a successful workshop!
    Cheryl finished her entire costume! (Yea cheryl!)

We have Paulie's well underway (psst, Paulie, I will arrange to come over sometime next week (maybe even this week) to do some fitting to see if we need to alter anything)

My costume is well underway as well, I am already getting excited about wearing it!

Marlow already has a priate costume, so she began work on her Medieval surcoat and gown, I think it's going to be very pretty!

11. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    thanks guys! xXXXXX

12. DJCheezy

DJCheezy Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2006
    awesome wish i can make custumes. im not good at making stuff :(
    i wanna make a sith cloak hehe ^_^

13. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    I finally have a SW pattern to work on~ I'm all set for a future costume making day. (I think if I start now I might be able to have something for C4.)
    BTW~ Hancock Fabrics in Greenwood is going out of business. Absolutely everything is on sale! There are some super deals on fabrics and patterns. You might want to check it out if you are headed down towards Seattle.

14. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Cate - I think I left my yellow tape measure at your house. Let me know if you find it. I don't know if I'll be by on Memorial Day - if not, you can give it to Paulie so I can get it at the next meeting since you'll be vacationing.

Amy - What are you going to make? I still don't have a SW costume and I'm not sure what I want to make. Some of them require a lot of work.

DJ - A cloak takes a lot of material and patterns exist for them. Don't think I'd want to tackle it though. That's a lot of sewing.

15. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    Cheryl, I haven?t come across a tape measure, but I will move some things about and look for it :) it may be buried under fabric in my dining/sewing room.

Yeah Amy, I wanna know which SW costume you?ll be working on toooooooooo

16. AmmersVI

Jun 25, 2005
    It's a Padme Battle outfit (see my icon). I was searching on the costuming forum and found out that people were making the dress coat by altering Butterick 4051 (the curtain dress from Gone with the Wind). I've already made alterations to the pattern. And, so far, it doesn't look like it will be too difficult to make.

17. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    that's sounds like a cool costume. I'll have to visit the costume forum after our move.

18. AmmersVI

Jun 25, 2005
    Thanks.
    BTW, the costume forum has a inventory at the top of the page (it helps when you're looking for a particular character or costume).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.