Costume Workshops

Discussion in 'Snohomish County, WA' started by Cliodna_ben_Lhee, Sep 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cliodna_ben_Lhee Force Ghost

star 4
    We haven't had a costume workshop in awhile. Can we add planning one to our agenda for Our upcoming meeting on Sunday?
  2. dragonmar Snohomish County, WA FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    Hey Cate: I need to get working on a costume for SteamCon. I just hope I can get it put together in time. I don't have the pattern or fabric yet so can't get started on it yet. If your up for it maybe you can give me some ideas to help and maybe go to a fabric store after the meeting. But maybe we could make the October meeting at your house a costume workshop. I'm sure Amy would like to do it to finish getting ready for SteamCon. We could also discuss at the meeting when would be a good time to have some espically after the first of the year to get ready for Celebration V. It also good to have another new member even if he can't come on Sundays now.
  3. Cliodna_ben_Lhee Force Ghost

star 4
    We could do that Mar. a fabric store outing after the meeting sunday, and have a costume workshop for the October meeting.
    So when is celebration V? I haven't been checking up on the plan for it, where is it going to be?
    LA again?
  4. dragonmar Snohomish County, WA FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    Good Cate we can do that on Sunday. They announced that there would be a Celebration V but not where yet. Everyone is waiting to find out. I hope that its soon so we can start planning and come up with the funds. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.
  5. AmmersVI Jedi Master

star 4
    I have yards of fabric piled up waiting to be sewn. But nothing for my Steampunk dress yet. Truth to tell, I don't have a clue what to make yet. I'm almost tempted to do some thrift store alterations.
    I wanted to do something really cool but I just haven't had the inspiration yet. I got sidetracked and now I have three other costumes that are not Steampunk that are waiting to be done.
  6. dragonmar Snohomish County, WA FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    We have a date for the next costume workshop at Cate's. October 17th, 2009 around 2:00 in the afternoon. Bring whatever you need to work on and we can all help each other.
  7. JumpinJax Jedi Knight

star 2
    Not this month but hopefully next I'd like to work on making one of these:
    http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/vlad-longcoat-overcoats-p-311.html
    It's awesome, but you just won't catch me paying $700 for a coat [face_laugh]
  8. dragonmar Snohomish County, WA FF CR

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    Sorry to miss you this weekend Joey. Hopefully you can join us at our next workshop.
  9. Photo-Knight Jedi Knight

star 1
    I don't have a sewing machine, and I've never made a costume involving cloth, but I just RSVP'd Yes for the Dec. 27 costume workshop. With Celebration V coming up, I'm wondering if it's possible for a beginner to make a generic Jedi costume by August.

(I posted this before, but here are pictures from my previous costuming effort in 1977.)

StarWarsShop.com has Obi-Wan boots that go on sale January. And lightsabers--a quick look this morning had costs ranging from $20 to $3900. I'd better start saving up.

What should I bring to the costuming workshop?
  10. Cliodna_ben_Lhee Force Ghost

star 4
    Andy,
    I have an extra sewing machine. And I found that pattern I told you I have for a generic Jedi Costume. I am going to PM you about that okay?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.