main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Costumed Benefit for Make A Wish + Free Ice Cream 9/28!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by crazybirdman, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey boys and girls, here's the info:

Show up in costume at the Fullerton Cold Stone Creamery store located on Orangethorpe between Harbor and Lemon (by Michael's) on Thursday, Sept. 28, 2006 for the Fifth Annual World's Largest Ice Cream Social, to benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation!

Any costumes are fine, all we have to do is be present to make attendees smile. No donations or fundraising required. The public attends, eats "free" ice cream, and hopefully makes a donation of any amount they wish. All of the proceeds go to Make-A-Wish.

We are welcome to free ice cream as well. Since we are "working" the event, there is no obligation to donate. If we want to act as a "celebrity guest scooper," we can get behind the counter and serve. But this is strictly voluntary.

The main purpose is t be present and in costume to attract attention and make children smile!

When: Thursday, September 28 from 5-8 PM
    Where: Cold Stone Creamery Store, Fullerton
    on Orangethorpe between Harbor and Lemon (by Michael's and Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf)
    Why: To Support the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Orange County/Inland Empire

and plus, to EAT FREE ICE CREAM !

Please confirm if you plan to attend, so I'll know approx. how many can make it. There is no cutoff/limit.

Thanks and best "wishes!"

Carrie

All guests will be treated to free servings of ?Cole?s Creation? ice cream from 5 to 8 p.m., encouraging communities to share Cold Stone treats and support the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

?Cole?s Creation? consists of chocolate ice cream blended on a cold granite stone with yellow cake, chocolate chips and rainbow sprinkles. It was inspired by Cole, a 10-year-old wish kid from Colorado

2. CarrieAsLeia

CarrieAsLeia Jedi Youngling

Jul 7, 2006
    I will be there as Princess Leia! Cuz that's the only costume I've got! [face_dancing]

No problem if you can't make until 6pm or later. It runs until 8pm. EU, Sith, weapons are all ok.

Baja Fresh is next door if you want real food before-hand or after, and the Fullerton AMC Theater is across the street in case anyone wants to see a flick after we're done.

3. Enforcer_Draconus

Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    ive got some tweaking and fine detail things ineed to do on 3po so he might be there or in my RFT

4. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    I should be there (if anything changes, I'll post) not sure if I will do Sith or Smuggler or what yet. Any requests?

5. CarrieAsLeia

Jul 7, 2006
    "Without the darkness, there is no light." -Don't know who seddit

It's your call, Smudge. But I have to admit... I've always loved you two as Sith. Especially Sabrina's makeup. I remember how exciting it was to have a little darkness brought to the club, LOL.

6. Zhi-don

Zhi-don Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    I would like to do this, but as Lu is going into surgery the next day, I can't be sure if I can. Put down as an Rebel Fleet Trooper, tentatively.

7. JediJenee

JediJenee Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2005
    I want so much to be there and will try to find a way there, probably by bus. Please put me down as Jedi.

8. CarrieAsLeia

Jul 7, 2006
    Where do you live, Jen? I can send my tauntaun for you.

9. JediJenee

Oct 5, 2005
    I appreciate the offer Carrie. I live in Anaheim, but I thought you would be busy getting things organized for the event? I don't want to cause you to be late. If you do have time and the ride is with you, then that would be better than a bus. Thank you for offering your tauntaun to get me there. You are very kind and I would be grateful. Also my dad would probably be able to pick me up, so I would only need a ride there. You know Carrie, that I am careful who I ride with, a girl has to be careful of others in society today and whose tauntaun she accepts a ride from. I'm touched by your thoughtfulness and if you say it's ok, then I will PM the info you need or my phone number so you can call me. :)

10. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    hi- if this is open to the IEFF, then my son and I are interested in doing this. I can confirm for sure the week of the event. This is my son's idea of heaven... dressing up, Coldstone's and helping other's out at the same time! I have an x-wing pilot costume and he will come either as the Emperor or TIE Fighter Pilot.

11. CarrieAsLeia

Jul 7, 2006
    Of course all are welcome!

All Inland Empire Cold Stone stores are having this type of event as well if you can't make it to OC and just want the ice cream, but the Fullerton store is where we will be participating in costume.

Hope to see you there and meet you... I will be Leia, but I am a secret fan of Sith. Ssh, don't tell anyone!

12. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    Thanks...I'll confirm that week if we'll be able to come for sure.

13. JediJenee

Oct 5, 2005
    Carrie, thanks anyway, but I have been able to secure a ride and that way you won't have to come to Anaheim to pick me up, when you already live in Fullerton. See you there. :)

14. TheCrowbar

TheCrowbar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2005
    I am planning on going, have to talk to my better half to see if one of us should be sporting the costume.

15. CarrieAsLeia

Jul 7, 2006
    Thanks so much to everyone who can make it so far. All are welcome, even if you decide at the last minute and cannot RSVP. It's ice cream, and it's OCSWS helping kids and so IT'S ALL GOOD!

I will be stopping by Make-A-Wish today to pick up promotional materials (balloons, a banner and paper crowns for kids to color). I know they will be delighted to hear ther will be some Star Wars characters there.

We are welcome to bring business cards and talk about the club and our costume, but we may get asked questions about Make-A-Wish, and I am gonna make sure we have some basic answers.

For example, Make-A-Wish grants the wishes of children with life-threatening diseases. Also, they have to be referred by their doctor, or they can refer themselves. A family member cannot refer the child. This ensures that it is truly the wish of the child, and not of the parent(s).

Eh, you can also say, "go ask Princess Leia." LOL

Thanks again for your time and willingness to put on your costume for a cause.

16. Enforcer_Draconus

Jul 19, 2004
    ***** BUMPING THIS!!!!********

17. CarrieAsLeia

Jul 7, 2006
    **** BUMPING THIS!!!!********[/quote]

What does that mean?

18. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    It means that someone is bumping the thread back up to the top for more notice, as a reminder, or so it doesn't fall off the first page and out of people's minds.;)

19. Enforcer_Draconus

Jul 19, 2004
    i might be a little late i get off work at 6pm

20. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    I wish I could go! [face_worried]

Stupid job!
    :mad:

21. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    I wish I could go, but Lu's surgery is the following day. I hope you guys have a great time.

22. CarrieAsLeia

Jul 7, 2006
    Any time between six and eight that you can make it is great. Thanks!

Don - We will have an ice cream toast for Lu, and we will bless her and the doctors.

Also, is there anyone who can come before 5 with a table? This Cold Stone has no inside tables and just two outside. And, one of ther chairs was just stolen.

I will be there at 4pm, dressed as Leia.

I will bring a disposable camera and can scan the pics for posting. BUT I may be too busy to get good shots, so feel free to bring a better camera and one that takes good pics when dark.

Just like with Relay for Life, no consent is necessary for us to post pics (even of kids) as long as they are in public and we are not going to profit from the picture or use it in an advertisement. The only exception is that if the person or child has a disease, their medical information is confidential - so they must give permission to have that fact disclosed.

Usually we don't identify people in our photos anyway so this should not even come into play.

This is going to be fun!

23. Enforcer_Draconus

Jul 19, 2004
    i will have my fleet trooper with me in my car so once i get off work ill change then head straight there

24. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    Thanks Carrie....I'm sure Lu will ask me to take her for icecream once she is able to eat again.

25. Robeewankenobe

Robeewankenobe Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 29, 2004
    I should be off at 5:00pm which means I will make this event.
    What should I come as?
    Vader, Trooper, Jedi, X-wing, Rebel????
    Please call me if someone can (714)404-6092
    Thanks
    Rob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.