O.C, CA Costumed Benefit for Make A Wish + Free Ice Cream 9/28!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by crazybirdman, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarrieAsLeia Jedi Padawan

Rob - I went to see you at work but it was after 5:30 so I missed you. Do you mean Fleet Trooper or Storm Trooper? We could use a Storm Trooper or a Vader! See you there!

-Carrie

PS - Could we borrow a table and bring it back before closing? Meleca the manager of Cold Stone would give you her word.
  2. Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Knight

star 3
    crap i forgot my costume ive got to run home and pick it up then i will be there
  3. CarrieAsLeia Jedi Padawan

See you all tonight - any time between 5 and 8. If you are early, you can help get things ready (setting up coloring area and balloons). If you would like to serve ice cream, you are welcome. I will be scooping dressed as Leia, wearing an apron. A Jedi or Storm Trooper, even Darth Maul - wearing an apron and serving up ice cream to benefit Make-A-Wish - would be hilarious and heartwarming!.

Many thanks and "best wishes."

-Carrie

Bring the whole family - a Fullerton fire engine and firefighters will also be on hand, plus balloons. Colring too if there is anough table space.

4. jangosmom Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just wanted to say it was great to meet all of you. Thanks for making us feel so welcome. When we got back in the car to head home my son said," that was so awesome....I had such a great time!!!" So, that made the 5 1/2 hr. drive round trip worth it! BTW, Smudge, my son thought you were really cool (his words)! Thanks again. Hope to see you all again sometime soon!
  5. Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Knight

star 3
    thanks for coming out!!! there will be more!!!
  6. the_black_smudge Jedi Knight

star 3
    Glad you enjoyed yourselves, Jango'smom, tell your son that he's cool too!
  7. CarrieAsLeia Jedi Padawan

Wow - that was awesome. The kids loved the costumes, and I know I got a lot of great pictures. I will post them ASAP.

We had a Jedi, Darth Vader, Emperor, a Smuggler, two Rebel Fleet Troopers, Princess Leia, an X-Wing pilot - and even Darth Maul at the end.

There were the Fullerton Firefighters with two engines, and a band playing music. There was also a "Wish Kid" who had her wish granted: to ride in Cinderella's carriage and go to Walt Disney World.

The store owner and manager were so impressed, the CSUF's Daily Titan is doing a story on OCSWS.

Thank you so much to everyone.
  8. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA

VIP
    star 3
    Thanks everyone for coming. Also, thanks Carrie for keeping an eye on Marley and letting her have fun.
  9. JediJenee Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thank you Carrie, for letting all of us help you with the Make-A-Wish project. It was so much fun and I'm glad that one of the kids will get their wish granted. Also a thank you to those kind people who provided a transport for a hungry Jedi, to get to IN-N-Out. :)

Vader was so loved by everyone, especially the kids, and even the manager of the Baja Grill, I think that is the name of the place, came over and told me he was so disappointed that he had missed getting to see Vader, because he was busy working and didn't have time to come back over, but he said everything was cool looking and he even made a donation. =D=
  10. CarrieAsLeia Jedi Padawan

Sorry for the delay with the pictures, it's because disposable cameras were used. But wait - I don't know how to post them. Help?!?

Thanks again - we made a difference and this Coldstone was one of the more successful stores.

11. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm assuming that you also got the photos on a CD. Do you have an online photo album? You should have one that you can access from your Yahoo account. If you use that one, you can only post links to your album, or individual photos.

If you want to post actual photos, or the distorted thumbnails you get on this board:rolleyes: , you need an account at a site that does photo hosting, like Imageshack or Photobucket, which is the one I use.

You can sign up for a free account either of these sites.

Once you upload your photos, there will be a url for each photo, that you can copy and paste into the field here when you click on the "image" button at the top of the Message window.

I can give you more detailed instructions, if I see you online soon. *hint, hint*
  12. CarrieAsLeia Jedi Padawan

Here are links to two little photo shows, with highlights from the Make-A-Wish/Cold Stone Creamery event. I am obviously brand new to uploading photos, but if you see a photo that you want, PM me and I will gladly email you the picture(s).

http://www.photoshow.net/view/GhgoXhJff

http://www.photoshow.net/view/YupWufJef

All I did was use the free software provided by Walgreen's, since Photobucket was taking a long time, probably because my free wireless was slow at the time. I just wanted to hurry up and let everyone take a look!

The little girl in the pink shirt is Simone, the Wish Kid who had her wish granted: to ride in Cinderella's carriage and go to Walt Disney World.

Thank you again for a fun time and for your loyal service, whether Imperial or Rebel!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.