main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Costumed Characters needed! Can you help?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by driley, Apr 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. driley

driley Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2001
    Hi everyone, long time no hear! Sorry I haven't been around much and it always appears as though I only show up when I want something but really that's not the case. There's just too much to do and not enough of me to go around :(

Anyway, I'm looking for some people to give me a hand :) I need some costumed characters to come along to the TRU Midnight Madness toy sale at 12:01 am on the 23rd of April at Moore Park TRU. We're going to go along to add atmosphere to the event and also with a little luck get our costumes/faces on TV :D

For those that are calendar challenged that will be midnight on Monday the 22nd/ultra early morning Tuesday the 23rd of April. It will be a great opportunity to mingle with other fans and even recruit new ones to our events and social activities.

To help convince some of you out there to lend a hand there may even be a little something for each of those that volunteers to help out and can turn up in costume. The more the merrier! I really need to know names and numbers by early next week so email me direct with your details (along with the character you will be dressed as) to this address: driley@comcen.com.au

I'll check in with more details as I receive them :)

Dax

2. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    I'd love to do this, but I'm not sure if I can get a costume made by then, I'll PM you if I do :)

3. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    I can't come in costume cause of work, but I'd love to stop by all the same...

4. oblio_fett

oblio_fett Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2002
    i'm supposed to fly to wellington monday, however it isn't confirmed. if i'm still around, believe you me i'll be there (cos i *need* to get some things from tru) i should know by monday arvo...

if i do show up, i can come in costume :)

oblio

5. JediEnna

JediEnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Oooh fun. If I can get to Moore Park after work that is.

6. Keith_Katarn

Keith_Katarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    I'm gunna do my best to be there. Catch is, I don't have a costume. I'm happy to wear one, though. So, if someone has one that they want me to wear for them, I will represent. But, I'm 6 foot 4 and weigh over 100 kilos, so no Jawa suits, okay ?? And before you ask, Yoda's out too.

7. ROE_Biggs

ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    i'll see what i can do

8. DARTH_GORGOTH

DARTH_GORGOTH Jedi Youngling

Apr 15, 2002
    Hi All,

In response to Dax' posting,yes Toys'R'Us Moore Park store along with others will be opening at 12:01am Midnight Monday 22nd April. There will be media coverage there and they will also have the 'Exclusive' Star Wars poster offer ( I've seen the poster and it looks great and all collectors will want this! Definately!) The poster which will be only for Midnight opening and then it's gone so I think it would be a great idea to get down there as you don't want to miss out on it! Other Toys R Us stores will also be opening at Midnight. In Sydney it will be Parramatta, Chatswood and Penrith and then also 3 stores in Victoria, 2 stores in Qld, and 1 store in Adelaide... Moore Park will be the best though!
    Also at the Moore Park midnight opening there will also be Darth Vader, 2 x Storm Troopers and Jango Fett (Original costumes from movies and only ones in Australia) so we urge as many of you as possible to come down in costume if possible as it will be great fun and hopefully plenty of media coverage! If anyone will be coming in costume could you please let Dax know and what character you will be coming as! The more the merrier! It should be a fantastic night!
    Anyways, if anyone has any questions please email Dax and let's make this night a huge sucess for us Star Wars fans and let's get SkyForce even more known and as Dax quoted 'Our mugs may get on TV'!!!
    See you at Moore Park on Monday night!

DARTH GORGOTH

9. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    I could make to the Chatswood one, but I wouldn't have any money to buy anything! :_|

10. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Jenna has one mean lookin Jedi costume.

And that's a good thing! ;) :D

11. Lord_Kernunnos

Lord_Kernunnos Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2001
    HEY HEY HEY!!!

OK i dont have a costume (Except for a jawa outfit that is too small and im too big newayz <shut up piggy i saw that face and i know what your gonna say>) but i WILL be at Penrith Representing SKYFORCE and i need a volunteer in the same area. Pigalek as i know you already and you have helped us before i am asking if you can make it but if anyone else can make it please send em an email to lordk@lord-kernunnos.com and ill get back to you about details. Ill be coming after work which finishes at 11:00 in Penrith.

Ciao for now.

12. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I went to the Penrith Store for EPI and spent up big.

Unfortunately I'm on Night Shift this time around although I might be able to wrangle a break around then and duck on down to the Parramatta Store for a look around. Hope to see some familiar faces there!! :D

13. Keith_Katarn

Keith_Katarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    Sorry guys, I won't be there. I've got a really early start on Tuesday, so I can't make it.

14. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    By my watch this happened about 3 1/2 hrs ago. Would have gone if I wasn't afraid of being AOTC spoilt and if my car was working.

15. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    I went to the Chatswood store with Shad and Shara. There was about 30-40 people there. Not too much of a crush.

People had shopping trolleys and were busy filling them up. Shad stayed well clear hoping not to be spoiled, Shara brought a Hayd.. I mean Anakin figure and I myself just had a look. I will be buying some stuff but can't afford too much ........ well not just yet anyway!! ;)

I was pretty impressed with most of the figures, they looked very good and a couple of the ships looked good too.

16. ROE_Biggs

ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    i picked them all up when Big W accidentally put them out early.

17. oblio_fett

Apr 7, 2002
    word of warning on the figures...
    if you buy them, don't look at the backs of the cards as many of them have spoilers,
    such as
    and not suprisingly
    the only one i didn't know which bummed me out was (caution...really big spoiler)

fortunately, i knew the rest.

--
    oblio

ok, how many of you tried to highlight to read?? ok, prolly not.
    if the board let me put spaces in, it would've tricked someone. no? :(

18. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    You can set both the background and text colour to black, then we'll know for sure there's something there

19. oblio_fett

Apr 7, 2002
    that's true... i could have simply posted jar jar gives birth but it has no midichlorians and 3 jawas drink coffee behind their sandcrawler which would have made it look right.

oblio darth vader enjoys scuba diving :)

20. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Oblio, u got issues...

21. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    No, it all makes perfect sense. Think about it.

22. Pigalek

Pigalek Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2001
    the penrith opening was sooo much fun :D

Me and LK were bouncing (and I do mean bouncing) after cars and people :D

23. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    I just picked a few items at Target, now i'm just gonna try to make my own saber cos that way it just seems better ;)

24. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    You think it's funny, don't you?!? DON'T YOU?!? Spoiler addiction is HARD, OKAY?!?

*runs away*

25. Lord_Kernunnos

Lord_Kernunnos Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2001
    YEAH!!! it was fun at the Penrith one. I even managed to score a poster for Piggy aswell. so i got two instead of one

UNTIL

PIGGY SAT ON THE POSTERS AND CREASED THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That will do Pig, That will do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.