main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Everett, WA Costumers needed

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Malevelus, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Malevelus

Darth-Malevelus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2006
    Here is what I have posted in other sites, and threads:

I have been talking to the local elementary school principal about appearing in costume for kids. And he expressed great interest in having star wars characters appear at the graduation day of the elementary kids school here in darrington Washington. He is going to get back with me next week on it. Would any members be available for the first or second week of june? There is one special kid here named seth. He has an aging disorder that makes his body about 10 times older than his real age. and Even if the school cant afford a big donation to charity to bring you guys out. I think this little boy especially would love to see star wars characters in person. He's not going to be around much longer, as his body is technically 10, but through the disease he's over 100 year old now. He is the greatest lil kid you ever met. Very loving and generous. But even if a few guys could make the trip if I could set it up, that would be great. I know my vader isnt ready (missing the cape mod) but I could still show up in costume if a vader couldnt make it. I would think even a couple stormtroopers, and a bounty hunter would be good, along with a vader, maybe even a jedi or two. The more the cooler it would be though!!

Please get back with me on this. I would need to know who would be willing to come up to darrington for the kids. If no one is, Ill just show up myself, with my vader as it is. The principal is going to get back with me next week about this. Probably tuesday.

Please let me know if you can make it. Ill have better dates after I talk to him next week. But Im guessing this would probably take place in the first or second week of june.

Thanks

So currently we have a vader confirmed, an anakin confirmed, and a possible bobba, and a couple of jedi. So we could use some help here folks!

2. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Sounds like fun, but I will be on Vacation the first week of June and won't be able to take any time off from work for at least a month after that

3. Darth-Malevelus

Jan 29, 2006
    Im going to be talking to the principal tomorrow about getting more details. I would think it would be during school hours but Ill get back to you on it. But if your willing please post here. We need more body especially TK's we have a vade and a dark anakin, maybe even a bobba, and another jedi. But most people are up in the air so far without a specific time.

So please let me know!

Thanks

DM

4. Darth-Malevelus

Jan 29, 2006
    OK folks I have the date and time. 8:30AM this friday. at the darrington elementary school.

If anyone can get a half day off to come please let me know as soon as possible.

We're looking at a vader, and an anakin so far, with a possible bobba, and another jedi.
    So please if you can swing it let me know!

Thanks

DM

5. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    oh I wish you had posted this sooner! :oops:

Still, welcome!!

6. Darth-Malevelus

Jan 29, 2006
    The event with the Darrington Elementary school went very well.

Seth was on his way home, from a trip, but not able to attend. The gifts were given to his cousin to be given to him at a later day. We handed out awards, shook hands, and even posed for some pictures with the staff and children. We had a light saber battle with the lights out performed by the Jedi. Featuring the Mace windu, and Anakin FX sabers. While Vader stood overseeing the battle.
    The show even sported a few high school kids. One young fan stood up proudly and displayed his star wars T-shirt. One of the saff even wore her hair in true Princess leia fashion. We shook about 150 lil hands with only two children afraid to shake vaders hand.
    Lots of questions were asked by the kids, including can I push your buttons . We even had a few snoopers looking to see if there was hair under that black dome on vader, with no luck.

Not enough good things can be said for Crimson Jedi and Carl for their help, and support in this event! They drove 2 hours to get to the event, picked up the gifts for Seth, and were absolutely outstanding.

click the link below.

http://public.fotki.com/CrimsonJedi/darrington/?cmd=slideShowFlash

DM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.