COSTUMERS PARTY

Discussion in 'Victoria, BC' started by haruwindsong, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haruwindsong Jedi Knight

star 2
    Anyone in the Victoria area interested in getting together on a Sunday in the near future to:
    1. get help with tailoring a costume
    2. taking up hems to the right length
    3. adjusting the fit of an existing costume
    4. starting a new costume
    5. discussing little tricks such as making spats?
  2. Qui-Dawn Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hmmmmmmmm, yes, I suppose I could yet be up for that, then....quite a good idea, I reckon....rather - fitting, actually. Ahem. ;) After all, I'd love it if there was a way to repair my Padme gown necklace and armbands, to make sure they're solid and good to go for CIV, most likely....I'm guessing someone with a soldering iron would be of help, then, eh? :) *chuckles* And, mmmmmmmm, yep, for sure and certain there's at least one new outfit I can think of that I'd quite like to try my hand at....perhaps on the one hand I wouldn't have the faintest clue of where to start, but.... *shrugs cheerfully* ....well, now, perhaps even just having the idea is part o' the battle won right there, and surely that much at least simply *has* to count for something. Now, to make the idea reality, right? ;) :D

Dawn. (and goodness only knows, as well, that there clearly aren't nearly enough opportunities to be unleashing one's inner Trisha Biggar, as 'twere....hee!) ;)
  3. SabotJune Jedi Knight

4. haruwindsong Jedi Knight

star 2
    Let me know what day is best for you. Sundays are preferrable because I'm working full time until the end of March. After that it's 14 days per. Would Apr be better for you guys? How about Easter Monday, or do you want to get together before then?
  5. SabotJune Jedi Knight

I have at least a Saturday or Sunday off each week. Maybe it would be best to pick a weekend when you're open, set a date and give you our best dates. I would love to meet you guys in person and hopefully plan some stuff!
  6. haruwindsong Jedi Knight

star 2
    Okay, let's set it for Sunday 25 March. Send me a PM and I'll send you the address and how to reach the house. I have two tables available and large enough to spread fabric across for cutting, a large dressmaker's form, plus a small card table. If anyone needs to bring their sewing machine, it can be accommodated in the back sitting room. We also havetwo bathrooms and lots of floor space AND a full length mirror in one of them.
  7. SabotJune Jedi Knight

I have to work that day:(
  8. haruwindsong Jedi Knight

star 2
    Okay. Give me a day that's good for you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.