Costumers the moment has arrived!!!

Discussion in 'Washington, DC' started by Maleficant, Jul 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I heard about this and said not going to happen and yet it did.....

Simplicity Star Wars Patterns!!!!

Patterns

Click on the image to see all options for each pattern.

So who wants to take bets on how long these will stick around!?! [face_laugh]

2. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Sweet! I'd say they're officially licensed since they're such blatant copies. If not, get thee to a fabric store ASAP....
  3. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I've been searching and searching but their not out yet. :_|

And believe it or not, not LFL Licenced!! :eek:
  4. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Then without a license, I fear they are dooooooomed.....
  5. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ok I'm hearing that Joann's are carrying them now, but Simplicity patterns will be on sale again for only $1.99 on August 13th. :D

I say grab them now before LFL puts a stop to them on the market like they have done before. Anyone remember McCall's "Space Nomads" pattern?
  6. TK813cricket Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey Eugenia..
    Isn't it about time i ran into you at a fabric store AGAIN??? ;)

crick
  7. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    i know of a costume site but only one problem its over here in the uk -
  8. ecila Jedi Knight

star 2
    Someone on Costuming and Props said that as long as the Pattern company changes at least 5 parts of the costume, they will be free to sell it.

Nonetheless, I already went to Joann's looking. :) Not in stock yet, so I will have to wait til the 13th.

Perfect timing - I am making Aayla Secura for DragonCon!

:)

ecila
  9. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So what are you making your Aayla Secura costume out of?

I actually am considering making the Padme Peacock Dress now since they have a pattern out for it. Great yet another costume to add to my never ending list of costumes to make! [face_laugh]
  10. ecila Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hi!

I found this great fabric at Walmart for Aayla's shirt; it looks just like the sleeved fabric with a slight stretch. For the rest of the top, I am getting a rough looking brown psuedo suede. I found brown jazz pants (also at Walmart, lol, only $10) and I need to find boots.

For the lekku's, I haven't decided what to do yet. There are some great how-to's using latex or pantyhose that I may try to copy, or I may just buy a set. :)

Have you found any good fabrics for the peacock gown yet?

I feel your pain - my own sewing to-do has been growing exponentially!! I have so much to finish for dragon con and then renaissance faire season kicks in!

ecila

11. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well I haven't started looking for fabric yet, I want to lose a few more pounds first. Plus I have 3 other SW costumes all in various stages that should be completed first.

Oh dear lord, don't talk about Ren Faire costuming yet!! :_|
  12. ecila Jedi Knight

star 2
    I hear you about losing a few pounds! Lol

What other costumes are you working on? I have made several Padme ones, including the EPS II blue robe and nightgown, EPS II light blue two piece, EPS II delted scene turtleneck two piece, and the EPS III lavender nightgown with pearls. I think a jedi costume would be a lot of fun, though, so I am hoping I can shape up enough to wear Aayla for DCon (or make it w/o the tummy showing ;) ) I am not even going to try to wear the middrift showing ones unless some serious fitness happens in the next month!

ecila

13. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well since I'm in the 501st I am working on these costumes:

-Snowtrooper
    -Biker Scout
    <-Darth Nihilus (from KOTOR II)

I can't do the sexy costumes just yet, I'm hoping to be alot thinner by Dragon Con 2006 and then oh yeah I'll start making some Padme/Queen Amidala costumes. [face_laugh]
  14. ecila Jedi Knight

star 2
    Sweet list of costumes! I really need a Jedi or baddy outfit - I swear the Jedi's were just having more fun than the Padmes at CIII! All she gets to do is stand around being stately in the dresses. Lol.

After talking to my husband last night, we both decided we should get pirate costumes for dcon too, so I am going to have to somehow squeeze that in before the end of the month! :) Do you do any non-SW costuming?

ecila

15. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Do you do any non-SW costuming?

Oh yeah, infact after I get done with all of this SW costuming out of my system, I have a few costumes for Dragon Con 2006 planned that are not SW. I would love to get both a new Ren Faire costume & a halloween costume done this year, but I have to start thinking like a normal person and try not to set the costuming bar too high or I'll get disappionted with myself and this is suppose to be a fun hobby.

Still I don't know if trimming, sanding and all that junk one has to do with armor is really suppose to be "fun"! lol

Pirates are cool for Dragon Con, but I'll never do a pirate costume for me. I don't think I'm the pirate type, I would rather be a Musketeer amd battle the pirates. ;)

16. F16WarBird Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Where do you come up with this crap? :p

Everyone knows NINJAs battle pirates!!!

[image=http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/rup/NINJAvsPIRATE.jpg]

:D
  17. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hmmmmm ninja......I could do that as long as I get to play with the throwing stars. :D
  18. Topachea Jedi Padawan

good patterns for the undergarb

but still no good pattern for a robe.....who needs one anyways:p
  19. Maleficant Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah but it's good foundation, I think everyone here has had the joy of altering a pattern or 20 in their time. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.