main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Costume's and Avg. Cost of them

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities (old board)' started by qcjedisteve, Aug 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qcjedisteve

qcjedisteve Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    Here is a list of costumes and how much on avg. they would cost to "Make Movie Quality"
    First setof numbers is on avg. what matirals or a kit would cost, 2nd set is on avg. how much the completed suit is.

1. Jedi Knight $150 - $200

2. Jedi Knight with Mask $200 - $250

3. Storm Trooper $500 - $1,200

4. Scout Trooper $350-$450

5. Royal Guard $90 - $125

6. Boba Fett $480 - $525

7. Jango Fett $480 - $550

8. Darth Vader $590 - $1500

9. Officers Suit $150 - $250

10. General Armor (veers) $200 - $250

11. X-wing Pilot $250 - $350

12. TIE Fighter Pilot $300 - $450

13. Snow Trooper $350 - $450

14. Clone Trooper $535 - $600

15. Greedo $100 - $160

2. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Steve,

I know I haven't had much of a chance to ask you but do you mind if I made a copy of this list and post it on the Spice Miners Fan Force Board?

Alot of people in my group are asking about the costs to make a costume and I've been looking for average costs. Plus, I've already put up a lot of costuming sites on our board but still people are wanting to know more.

Let me know before, I post.

Thanks,

Jane (Universal)

3. qc_jedi_xavier

qc_jedi_xavier Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    This is Steve, Go head and post it up

4. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    Thank You, on behalf of the Spice Miners. If there's anything I can do to repay you please let me know.

And just out of curiosity, would a Zam costume be close to something of Boba and Jango or would it be closer to something else?

And again, thank you.

Universal

5. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Because I've been looking into the possibility of making a Zam costume, I'd say that the amount Steve quoted would be a good assessment for her costume, possibly more.

The issue with the Zam costume are as follows: (most of these assumptions are due to me hanging around some people here who know how to do it)
    -you need to have a molded chest plate(s) usually made out of resin or vacuformed then painted. Also there are other pieces that have to be made from a mold. You can try and sculpt it and then cast it, but to make what I would say "movie quality" you would want to do it
    -spandex is very hard to dye and doesn't hold the color well, or at least I've been told this. So you would have to track down that spandex or something similar.
    -The leather work for the skirt will take awhile, and you would have to dye the leather for the skirt and the chest piece as well.

overall, you're looking at a minimum of $500, if not more, mostly because there isn't a perfected technique like the other costumes yet.

6. QCPsychoJedi

QCPsychoJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2002
    Hey Steve, what if I wanted to just buy the materials off you and do the gruntwork myself? Would you say no go, give me a shopping list and send me on a scavenger hunt? lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.