main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA costumes/fan films

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by hirsute_biped, May 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hirsute_biped

hirsute_biped Jedi Knight

May 11, 2005
    is anybody here into making costumes/ fan films/ etc...?

2. Luke_Landwalker

Luke_Landwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2005
    I havent made any costumes but Im realy into making home movies. If you can try to make one of the meetings.

3. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Costumes?
    :~)

I like to try!

4. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    GB makes good costumes. I'm in the process of putting together a variation of a TIE pilot costume and I also have a Jedi costume... but it doesn't fit too well. My girlfriend has a really cool Padme costume too. How about you hirsute_biped?

5. hirsute_biped

hirsute_biped Jedi Knight

May 11, 2005
    i havn't made any star wars costumes yet, but i diid make a sock monkey costume out of a patchwork of old socks. i really wanna make a chewie costume, but i don't have the funds just yet. i might get the chewie supreme edition costume to tide me over. thats lotsa money too, but not nearly as much as starting from scratch. i don't know a thing about digital moviemaking, but i have some super 8 and pixelvision stuff i wanna fool around with. i like low tech labor intensive stuff, like all the models and puppets in the original trilogy. analog technology is awesome.

6. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    That's awesome! If there's anything I can do to help let me know.

7. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    This was posted by arbee10 in the new members thread and I'm moving the conversation to here. I wish I had fancy mod privileges to do this more seamlessly...

"So yeah, I was wondering where do u get all these costumes from? I had thought about a dark jedi(kind of like ep3 annakin), and also thought how rad it would be to have an st or scout armor like those guys in the 501st. But how do you actually go about getting that stuff? I have seen sites on getting it made, but I must admit I am not exactly skilled in tailoring or any of that stuff, lol.

What costumes do you guys use? Anyways, appreciate the info. Im just a noob when it comes to all this hardcore stuff."

Don't worry I'm not skilled in much of anything. My costumes are peiced together from places like E-bay mostly. If you look around hard enough you can get a lot of pretty professional looking stuff there. I have a Jedi costume that looks at least as good as the majority of Rebel Legion Jedis I think... although it's a little big for me.

I'm now working on a TIE Pilot costume and this one is requiring a lot more work. I don't need too much tailoring though, I'm hoping I can either talk my girlfriends mom, my aunt or even GB to do the small bits of tailoring I need.

If you want stormie armor it's usually something you have to buy, unless you can vacuform plastic. :)

Check out sites like www.richiesarmor.com, www.jedi-academy.com and www.padawansguide.org for info on costumes.

8. Darth_Bootsy

Darth_Bootsy Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2004
    I made a costume.

:)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/mrballsagt/TurkAndSam.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/mrballsagt/TurkNVader.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/mrballsagt/TurkInRobe.jpg

9. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Those are sweet pics, I really need to get some decent shots of my costume.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.