main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Costumes for CIII

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by BonMothma, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Which logo? If it's anything I did, feel free to knock yourself out. Wear it at C3 if you want, nothing like free advertising! :)
    I have an 800x400 .tiff graphic of just the company logo on a black background that I'm using to put on my work shirt. PM if you want it. If you need a different background I can easliy change it to another color, let me know.

2. jangofett219

jangofett219 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2003
    Since I have decided to be lazy during costume crunchtime, and my Mandalorian armor fits like a watermelon fits into a pocketwatch, I will be going as a Jedi. Thats all. I think. Unless I can get a Han Solo holster fashioned in time.

3. Darth_Agony

Darth_Agony Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 13, 2003
    Welcome back my padawan... its good to see ya back...

4. BonMothma

BonMothma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    Good to hear from you, Josh! Sorry things didn't work out for the new costume.

I have much to do on Luminara, too. I've begun to fashion a foundation for my headdress. It's a pretty crazy technique, so I don't plan to post my how-to unless it actually works! May the Force be with me.

5. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

I'm sure you'll all be happy/shocked and appalled to learn that I've come up with an idea for a costume, which I will be triumphantly adorning at CIII.:eek:

My intention is to wear it at that crazy masquerade party thing that one night, so if you're there, try to find me so that you can bask in the Soothing Radiance of Utter Joy that will be emanating from it... assuming, of course, you can recognize me while I'm wearing it... bwa ha ha... [face_devil]

So now you guys don't have to exact physical harm upon me for not having anything to wear. :D

Can tell you're excited,
    Yours Truly

6. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    I'm intrigued!

7. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    Went shopping for lightsaber parts in Lowes plumbing department on Saturday. :D

So at my family's gathering yesterday, I held up this chrome piece and said, "Do you know what this is?"

Dad says, "Yes, it's a sink drain."

My brother says, "No, it's a lightsaber!"

You get some strange looks when you're holding faucet handles up to a sink drain. ;)

Thanks, Stina-Cri for the idea.

8. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Bonnie... Heh heh... Nice. :)

From what I've seen, sink parts seem to turn into pretty reasonable looking sabers.

Who knew?

Not I,
    Yours Truly

9. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Yep, that's how my sister is making her lightsaber as well. All kinds of plumbing gadgets... looks like it's going to turn out pretty good and we didn't have to use scary tools!

10. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    Other progress reports? I didn't post anything on the website last month because there wasn't much progess on my end. The only one who seemed to have made any progrees at that point was Dex1138.

I want to try to squeeze in one last report before the craziness of CIII.

It's crunch time! AAAHH!

11. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Unfortunately with the accident Em was in, we just can't afford to create a costume for her. So she's going to be a Jedi one day of C3 and wear club T-shirts the other.

I'll have my usual Jedi garb. I won't be dressing as the Emperor for this. Imperials have given me a bad taste, so I'm going back to my roots and sticking with the light side of the Force.

12. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    It does add up even when you're doing it yourself.

And when you're not, it's even more expensive.

I haven't found out how much Nancy's charging to make my robe and skirt.

13. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    Sadly, I don't have anything new to report in the costume department. My personal semstress (aka my middle sister Sue) has been going through a very nasty MS flair up. Gave us all a pretty good scare. She's feeling better, but has much work to catch up on and still isn't feeling 100%. So I'm not positive I'm even going to have the new costume for CIII.

Ah well. As my youngest sister so tactfully suggested, get over the sad now and get out your old Jedi robes. :)

And, I do have a wide selection of SW t-shirts to choose from. :D

14. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    Not to mention that cute R2 outfit you whipped up. You should wear that the same day I wear the Leia shirt.

On that note, those of you with one costume, which day or days (don't forget to pack your Fabreeze!) are you planning to wear it?

Since none of us is planning to do the costume contests, as far as I know, will the majority be in costume for the Celebration at CIII?

Trying to plan my wardrobe.

15. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I'll be wearing the costume on two of the days. I have several SW shirts, as well as SWAP shirts I'm bringing, to change into throughout the day if neccessary. Also, I should be wearing two of the volunteer shirts.

Em will be in full Jedi costume one day and SW/SWAP shirts the others.

16. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Yipee!! The Padme PM battle outfit is back on track. Everything is cut out and now it just needs sewn together and the trim put on. (and for me to make the belt and the Cosmo teacher at work to fix the wig). This Saturday I'll be spending the day driving my nephews and niece to their various activities so my sister can finish the costume.

17. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    I will probably wear mine 2 days. Saturday (and at the party that night) and one other day. I went thru the trouble of putting it together, by George I'm gonna wear it!
    Sadly, the person I ordered my prop tools from is not answering my emails so no canon tools for me :( But I have been fiddling and making up a couple new things.
    And to further add to my problems I did some iron-on testing only to find the material I'm trying to use is too dark for the iron-ons to come out nicely. That or I'm doing something wrong, but I don't think I am.
    Despite the fact that it's not going to be as cool as I had imagined, I've put too much money & time into it to not use it!

18. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    Dex, did you know that there is iron on transfer paper designed especially for use on dark material? I've seen it at craft stores and at office max.

19. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    My robe and skirt are finished.

Headdress and lightsaber hilt are nearly finished. I probably won't have a blade, but the hilt looks really cool.

I've begun work on the leather accessories and pin, but I'm not sure whether they'll be done in time.

So much for monthly costume progress articles on the website, too. I don't have time to write them!

20. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Ya know, someone on another board told me about that too. And it's funny b/c I had the same problem when I was printing out some decals for my props. The big question now is can I find any between Sat and Mon?
    I found one online retailer that has a sample pack of 5 sheets for $10 but then I'd have to 2 or 3 day delliver it and I'm sure that would cost a bit. Suppose it depends how badly I want it, eh?

21. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    I'd try your local places since it's crunch time!

Staples
    Jo-Ann's
    Michael's
    Office Max
    (evil)Wal-mart's craft dept.

22. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Yep, that's the plan for this weekend! The other sheets I got were at AC Moore (a craft store) but I don't think they had the dark sheets. But then, I just grabbed the first ones I saw. But there's a handful of places I'll be checking anywho. Force be with me!

23. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    so my cloak for my Barriss Offee costume is done, and it looks quite good, I've had the fabric and pattern since Thanksgiving, and just finally started doing it [face_blush] and found that the pattern was a bit confusing...but i took it to my friend Ali's house, and we just kinda made it up as we went along, but it looks good, and i just need to buy a black skirt, which i will tomorrow, and make the belt...i supposed a lightsaber too....add a few things to my old Padme Picnic gown, and I am all set, make a little purse to carry all my stuff, and i am set! and since i have no school, i can have all the time to work on it! yay! so, two costumes it will be, 'cause thats all the money i have...

24. greencat336

Jan 27, 2001
    I'm just going with two costumes also, but that's more just because the one is so elaborate I want to wear it more than one day.

Yep, happy happy happy. The Padme TPM battle outfit is almost done. My sister finished the sewing this weekend (it looks FANTASTIC!! She did such a great job.) I have to finish the belt. I want to put a hook on the blaster so it will hook onto my belt. The cosmo teacher is going to get the wig to me on Tuesday. (last minute I know, but I got it to her late and then she was busy with school stuff).

I'm going to wear it Thursday and Sunday. Since I'm volunteering Fri and Sat, I'm just going to wear the R2 costume. Its simple and will be easy to change into after my volunteer shift.

25. BonMothma

Aug 1, 2003
    Unfortunately, I don't have school, but I do have work.

I got a lot accomplished this weekend. Mainly I cut out and painted my jerkin (I think that's the correct term for it). I still have to come up with the buckles for that and the main belt. The headdress is pretty much done, and the lightsaber hilt is done. I have to figure out how to get my packs and lightsaber attached to my belt.

The pin was a bust. I didn't have time to make one, so I tried to put something together with beads and such that I found at Jo-Ann's, but it didn't work, and I don't have time to start something else.

BTW, Allie, Maybelline makes a waterproof liquid eyeliner that has a felt tip applicator - good for drawing those tattoos on with. Not too bad price-wise. It's not completely rub-proof though! I tried it Saturday since I wasn't going anywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.