Edmonton Costumes for Next Halloween

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by BFett333, Nov 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ohhhh, I bet Terry and Anglea started drooling as soon as they read that... :)

Indy
  2. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    Damn I hate when they do that. Like I don't have six tons of fabric already! Geesh! LOL Might have to check that out this weekend......thanks Liann!
  3. Ky-Wan Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll have my new outfit more then done when next Halloween comes :)

4. Darth_Haggis Force Ghost

star 4
    Awesome reference pictures for Obi-Wan's costume on the front of Insider 72! And how Lucasfilm was able to get Ewan MacGregor to look like Sir Alec Guinness. :D :)
  5. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    With Celebration now being four days I need four costumes and need to seriously start putting them together. Its only just over a year away.
    I'm taking my picnic dress which is currantly in pieces. All the seams on the skirt need to be re done, the chiffon shredded and it all came apart. I've started a new corset. I need to make a new headband because I finally got the proper ribbon. I have a new cape/shawl but might make another one because I've found somewhere that sells the fabric origanally used.
    I'm also doing the arena battle outfit. I'm having all the pouches, belt, and shin pads made in calgary. I have the fabric for the outfit, but waiting to get in shape before starting sewing. I have the cape started, I'm crocheting it, it needs to be finished.
    third and fourth costume I'm not sure. I'd like to do something from episode 3 for at least one of them if not both. Depends what kind of pictures come out but I don't want to leave it to late. Bail Organas Aide's costume looks pretty cool and thats the one with the best pics so far. I've also been thinking of doing padme's battle outfit from episode I but I'm not sure what to do with it pattern wise.
    liann
  6. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm looking to get some riding type boots, something that pants can be tucked into for one of my costumes. Everything out there right now is skin tight, I was wondering where everyone got theirs or if you have a recommendation of where to look. The only place I can think of is Welsh's.
  7. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    This is probably going to be a tough one....but I'll keep my eye open. I've been known to go into a shoe store....or 10....~big grin~
  8. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    thanks, I'm going to try welsh's tomorrow but I think they are super expensive.
  9. geekgirl76 Jedi Master

star 4
    I feel for you, the boots for any of these costumes are always the worst part. Sometimes you can find good black ones at regular shoe stores. The black ones I used for the IMAX weekend were bought through the Sears catalogue, I'll check and see what they have. You don't have the big calf problem so many of the winter boot styles would work, the trick there is to find them tall enough.
    I know a good pair of dressage boots (non-custom) can run over the $500 range (can't beat the look through). Welshes should have something suitable in the $150-$200 range for basic riding boots. It's a lot but you'll only have to buy them once.
  10. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Thanks Terry for the links, I found a pair at Sears that I think I'm going to get, they're on sale for about $30. Welsh's had nothing, just cowboy boots and some rubber riding boots. I also saw some nice boots at Globo but they don't come anywhere near the great price at sears.
  11. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    Wait a minute.....did I hear boots for $30? I am sooooo all over that! Might just have to go and have a look! One never knows when one might require some Jedi looking boots! Did you find them online, Liann?
  12. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Terry emailed me a bunch of links from the sears website here is one of them those were about $50-$60 I think they took a bucnh of the website, they are winter boots, they are all on sale for well under $100 and they have the right jedi look. I'm heading over there to pick some up.
  13. Darth_Haggis Force Ghost

star 4
    The only thing that I could find which were half decent were these.
  14. geekgirl76 Jedi Master

star 4
    Did I send the link for the ones that laced up the back? I don't have time right now to track it down, but If I had the $160 handy I would have got them, they had them in wide width that usually means wideneing the calf as well.
  15. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Are these
    the ones your talking about. I noticed boots in the store are way cheaper that advertised for on the website, maybe you could find them in store for less. I didn't see those ones at the WEM store or the Southgate store.
  16. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    Liann....

Which battle costume are you making? The white one or the one she wears on Naboo that is actually referred to as the battle costume? We are trying to come up with a couple of costumes for women and since we don't have a large group I was hoping to not duplicate.
  17. geekgirl76 Jedi Master

star 4
    She's doing both, but I think in this case it's the Naboo battle costume. I went to her page and smacked myself good when I saw the pattern she's using, it's perfect...
    Liann's site
  18. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    Good grief! I never realized she had a site before! Liann....awesome work! And about the armband for the white costume.....I think we can do something with the Sintra. Next time you, Terry and I are together we can discuss it! Wow...I'm so impressed!

Now really people.....we need to put some of this costuming stuff on the Edmontooine website. John has kindly laid out the area for us and it's empty!
  19. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    yeah i'm working on both of them but neither are near completion, I have the fabric for the white one but haven't cut anything out yet. I am in the mock up stages for the naboo one but I put it down to embroider my corset. I need to find a belt to go with the naboo one before I go any futher because from what I can tell it goes around the back the comes under in front so I'm going to have it come through slits in the side seam that will be covered with ribbon but I don't know what size to make the slits because I don't have the belt, and I haven't seen the right colour for the lining but I have found the velvet, just have to buy it. Sintra for the armbands would be great, I've been trying to figure what to do about them, sheet metal is so sharp, I wasn't sure if the edges could be sanded down or what. I don't think I'll have anything to wear to the comic show. If your thinking of making one of them we can just coordinate that we don't wear them at the same time.
  20. geekgirl76 Jedi Master

star 4
    That's kind of my fault, I started putting something together then I realised I didn't stop typing. I couldn't decide on how much info I should have put so I put it all. :p
    I was thinking we should get together and plot out what we want to see. Maybe the three of us can find a corner and brainstorm at the show. :)
  21. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I just bought the velvet for the episode I battle outfit and now that I've got it home it looks too red, In the store it looked right now i think its too bright.
  22. geekgirl76 Jedi Master

star 4
    You might try a purple dye, it might darken it up a bit. Worth doing a test run anyway, you might luck out.
  23. geekgirl76 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well since we don't have a Celebration 3 costume thread, I thought I'd just throw this in here.
    I'm spoiler free so I can't go digging around on the web looking for Ep III costumes. Could anyone who isn't spoiler free keep an eye out for costumes I might be able to get away with?
  24. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So far there is a handmaiden costume, there is Bail Organas aide on this page as well as a senator(not saying who because I'm not sure if thats considered a spoiler or not), if your interested in those I have hyperspace if you want to see the actual before the helmet pics on them.
    There is also a purple padme outfit there is a full shot of it in one of the webdocs. and there are some vague shots from the webcam of a couple of padme outfits but not clear enough not make an actual outfit from.
    There is a spoiler free Episode III costume thread.
  25. Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ahhh, my eyes!!!

Just that small pic at the top of the page of Padme/Obi-Wan/Anakin makes me want to go "Spoilers-all-the-Way" for this movie, but I must resist... :)

Truthfully, those pics are the first thing about EP III that I have seen or read (other than that stupid Headline about 3 months ago on TF.N)... and now I have already seen too much!!! ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.