main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Costumes for Next Halloween

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by BFett333, Nov 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    pics don't really give anything away, just some new hairstyles.
    Terry, my aunt is inquiring about those boots today.

2. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Yeah, they are pretty tame...

3. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    I accidently saw a pic I really really would have prefered not to have seen, now that one really hurt my eyes, but I just can't resist.

4. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Cool, Thank you for the links and to your aunt about the boots :)
    Agh... no details on the purple one, why are they always from the sholders up?
    John, take a deep breath and step away from the computer, we can do this. :p

5. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Oh you mean the one where it shows darth vader being cloned? :p ;)

6. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    Terry, they don't custom make boots, but they can make any pair larger or smaller, insert a piece of leather to make them wide enough, they do it all the time, all the riders from spruce meadows take their boots their, my aunt says they do beautiful work and you would never know it had been altered. She said they just did some for a woman whos calfs were 18inches. But they do prefer you come in person to see them so its a proper fit.

7. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    I was thinking I need to modify my Jedi outfit a little. The pants and the robe are fine but the tunic needs to be changed. It doesn't sit well for long stretches and tends to kinda look not neat, I guess. I was wondering if it were possible to make the whole thing into one piece. More like a gi (karate outfit) instead of the multiple parts.

8. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    Thanks, I'll keep them in mind, We never do scheduled trips to Calgary though, it's kind of deciding late Thursday that we're going for the week-end. I'll have to start looking for a pair to be altered.

Berx, I'm thinking tacking them all together shouldn't be that hard, might make ironing a pain. I'm wondering if we sholudn't put a linning in, it might hang better.

9. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Lining sounds like a good idea. Sometime I'll hafto go back to that store and get some more cotton but I'll leave the rest up to you (what to use for lining).

10. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    The new before the helmet has a new padme dress, looks pretty easy to make except the broach, its kind of a night dress? out of silver and satin, I might do this for my fourth costume.

Actually got some work done on my episode 1 battle outfit, on the mock up I got the skirt section done, it looks perfect, the fullness is just right. Just reworking the bodice part tonight perfecting the pattern then I'll start on the good version, Right now I can start the good version of the skirt and sleeves but can't put the skirt together because i'm still deciding on the ribbon for it.

11. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    Wow....look at you go, Liann! Can't wait to see what you've done!

12. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    There are two new padme costume pics from episode III, I don't think there are any spoilers on the link except pictures.

13. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Ohhhhh so tempting...

Well I went and looked... I feel... tainted... and dirty... and MORE excited for EP III!!!

GAH!!!!

[chant]
    I must not start down the dark path of spoilers... or forever will it dominate my destiny...

I must not start down the dark path of spoilers... or forever will it dominate my destiny...

[/chant]

14. Rogue_Thunder

Jan 7, 2003
    Click the link, use it to spoil yourself and your journey towards the dark side will be COMPLETE! [face_devil]

15. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    just give in to it

16. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    I'm in Calgary and they have so many nice fabric stores here. I found some fabric to make the shirt for underneath my episode I battle outfit but its a jersey knit $12 a metre. Its the closest thing I've found to the right colour and I don't know if I should buy it 1. because its the wrong type of fabric but it will be comfortable, 2, its a little expensive for t-shirt fabric.

17. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    I'd say go for it. For something that is going underneath....the colour is likely more important than the type, in my humble opinion. And yes....a tad pricey for T-shirt stuff...but still not horribly outrageous. It's not like you'll need 5 metres of the stuff....right?

18. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    true, I might just get two meters because the sleeves have little pleat things on it, I'll have to run over their before I leave.

19. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    I say go for it too. I did the same thing, going for comfort. The Bleu shirt under the Ep I padme outfit I'm doing is going to be crinckle cotton instead of that knitted stuff. The fabric I'm using for the vest is wool and I couldn't see wearing a sweater under it.

20. TK1780

TK1780 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2004
    Hey Liann

Just had a chance to see your website. Very cool. The Padme picnic costume looks very good.

21. liannb

Jun 30, 2002

22. TK1780

Jul 9, 2004
    Your welcome.

By the way I dont know if we ever thanked you for coming out to that (yawn ! borring, sad, lame!) event we had for the Richard Eaton Singers.

Thanks for coming out to it anyways and helping us out. Very much appreciated.

If you ever want to go to some cool gigs sometime let us know.

I will also have to pick your brain on doing a Battle Padme costume from Attack of the Clones for my youngest who is 5, she loves that costume. My oldest who is 8 loves her Queen Amidala outfit. Allthough it is just the Walmart version she still oves to wear it.

Ted www.badlands.ca

23. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    I'm just starting that costume, so I'll let you know how it goes. I hope to have it done soon.

24. TK1780

Jul 9, 2004
    Cool ! Good luck with it. Have to load up some pics on yoursite when you have it complete.

25. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    Terry, there are some new pics of another episode III padme costume that is not sleeveless or spaghetti straps :)

I think the costuming webdoc on the OS has been de-hyperspaced, its worth watching.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.