Costumes for Next Halloween

Discussion in 'Edmonton, AB' started by BFett333, Nov 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Oh how quickly we degenerated this poor, helpless little thread. :(

Wait up John. I'm going to bed too ;) :p
  2. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    OMG!!! What have you guys done to my poor little thread?? Now I have all of these images in my head that.....ewwww......I wish I could get out! Of course....it's not so bad as the morning I opened the emailed pictures of Dave......~shudder~
  3. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    ouch, the mental images are scary
  4. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    I was just havin' another peek at your website, Liann! Great work. I don't think I'd seen the picnic dress before!

Yes, I think we should have another meeting. When's good for everyone that wants to come?
  5. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Anytime is good for me.
  6. geekgirl76 Jedi Master

star 4
    I've got nothing going on in the evenings of the 11th and 12th.
  7. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Either of those evenings work for me, but I work till 6:15
  8. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    The 11th would be cool for me. I'll start a new thread incase anyone else wants to join us.
  9. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I made my armbands for the battleoutfit out of sheet metal, took all of five minutes, if i'd known it would be so easy i'd have done it a long time ago, actually had to make two versions because i didn't make the first set long enough to wrap all the way around and fasten. I have lots of sheet metal left over if anyone needs it for a project.

i'm going to try and crack down and see if I can finish up my picnic dress so I can wear it for halloween. the embroidery just takes so long to do.
  10. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hopefully you're going to be bringing those armbands tonight!!
  11. Darth_Haggis Force Ghost

star 4
    For anyone who cares, there was a flyer advertising the massive Fall Sale at Fabricland in the mail today...
  12. Fetts_Brother Jedi Knight

Fabricland is where I got my material for Jangos vest. If anyone needs I have a 40% card I can lend out or go with someone.
  13. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    i found a throw that might work to turn into a cape for my battle outfit, but i'm not sure if i'll bother with it or it might be to beige.
  14. Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Do you dare try to bleach it a bit to lighten it up? ;)
  15. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    your evil Terry [face_devil] , now you have me thinking I need a princess leia costume :p
  16. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    the obsession with leia's a new hope dress has begun (not the one Terry has, the other one). I have it all thought out in my head (which is why i'm not asleep like i should be), John if you want that for Kayleigh for halloween it looks like it would be really easy to do.
  17. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Terry, I found a throw to make my cape out of but I'm not sure how wide to make it or how to cut it out, here is a good pic, what do you think?
  18. geekgirl76 Jedi Master

star 4
    Go for it! :)
    I've been plotting it and it really is an easy design. The only problems I'm wondering about is attaching the hood to the collar with a back zipper. I think a zipper on the side seam instead might be the way to go, but as I'm not great at putting in zippers, I'm not sure.

I gave some thought to your hair dilema, do you think a wire though the twists would keep them from closing up? I'm just wondering if the the hair on the elastics would shift so you'd be constantly adjusting it.

As for the throw is it square or rectangular? With a rectangle I'd keep as much length as possible, just round the edges and cut a slit not quite half way down the middle and round that off for the nape. I'll see if I can draw what I'm talking about. :)
  19. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I've got the hood totally figured out, a zipper would work down the back because the hood is just one long piece of fabric with each end connected on either side at the back of the collar, the hood isn't closed in the back it's open.

I think the throw is rectangular, I guess i'll have to have the narrower part on the sides or I won't have long enough pieces to throw over each shoulder, in the display pics of the costume from some museum showing you can see it has snaps on the pieces that go over the shoulders to hold them in place.

for the hair still don't know what to connect it too, I don't think I have to worry about the hair twisting up because I'm wraping it around tubing, might need to buy more tubing. i'm going to try to work on it this weekend, halloween is coming up so quickly.
  20. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    thanks for the sketch Terry that looks perfect, not sure how i'm going to finish the edge, just hem it I guess, I'm a little afraid to cut it because it just might start to all come apart,
  21. DARK_PADAWAN Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm trying to decide if i should make a anakin Ep3 costume or a luke rotj outfit what do you all think i should do?
  22. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    depends, lukes would probably be a lot easier to do, but anakins has a lot more cool details. which lightsaber do you have? you missed seeing Jason's Anakin costume the other night, its really cool. I'm not sure if anyone got any photos of it.
  23. geekgirl76 Jedi Master

star 4
    Draw the line then baste stitch it before you cut into it. :)
  24. DARK_PADAWAN Jedi Knight

star 3
    Well I have the Ep3 graflex and the MR Anakins saber.
  25. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    thanks terry, I've nearly got my pants done yeah, had to adjust my shirt a little, hopefully the boots will come over the pants easily.

I'd go with anakin then if you don't mind a lot of sewing, what are you doing for boots?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.