Costumes for Next Halloween

Discussion in 'Edmonton, AB' started by BFett333, Nov 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geekgirl76 Jedi Master

star 4
    :) I have a new appreciation for the Ep.2 Anakin, :D But I've always liked the ROTJ Blacks.
  2. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    :mad: stupid costume, I made the waist too high, not sure how I didn't notice it was too high during one of the million times i tried it on before I sewed it, which means I have to take the zipper out too :mad: I hate ripping out.

at least the boots fit easily over the pants.
  3. geekgirl76 Jedi Master

star 4
    Grahh, it's never the arm or leg is it? It's always the adjustment that need the most work. :(
  4. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I guess i could always wear the shirt out over the pants rather than tucking it in soon i don't have to fix it, but i'd always know it wasn't right, the shirt might make the pants look all lumpy tucked in anyways, hhhmmm
  5. DrHaggis Jedi Knight

star 3
    My next prop project is a Han Solo style low hung holster. Has anyone here tackled a similar project? I've never worked with leather before, and am unsure how to start.

6. DARK_PADAWAN Jedi Knight

star 3
    Anakin it is only i dont know how to make the inner shirtys and stuff or what pattern i used i already have the pattern for the robe and tabberds. what did all of you do .
  7. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Dr Haggis, I haven't worked with leather at all so I can't help you there, not sure if anyone here has made anything like that.

Terry has made the almost everyone is the groups jedi outfits so I'm sure she'll have some advice for you :)
  8. DARK_PADAWAN Jedi Knight

star 3
    Im gonna make the tabbards out of vinyl and the cloak of cloth what else should i use for the shirts?
    And Terry what pattern did you use?
  9. princess-lia Jedi Knight

star 2
    I saw some cotton at fabricland in the mall today that looked about the right colour for you. you pretty much just want a loose weave cotton, or a muslin, they have muslin cheap at jysk but I don't think they have it in dark brown, you could always dye it though.

Liann
  10. princess-lia Jedi Knight

star 2
    finished the cape, it turned out really well, just needs to be folded and tacked together in strategic positions with a few snaps to hold it in place so it drapes nicely over the shoulders and around the front so its not a big bulky mess :)
  11. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    DrHaggis...

I've done a little bit with leather. It's certainly expensive...but nothing beats the look of real leather, if you can afford to spend the cashola. My Fett belt cost $100. Granted...I still have a little of the hide left and the tools I had to purchase for punching the holes and the grommets etc. are included in that price.

I was speaking with someone who does a lot of leather work the other day and one of the things he told me is that whenever possible...cut the straping and the base of the holster pouch all out of one piece of leather. The top of the holster pouch would be a second piece and either sewn to the base or attached with rivets etc. My plan for Jango is to make the pieces out of scrap fabric first to be sure all my measurements are correct before cutting the leather.
  12. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Found a website for inexpensive riding boots for low low prices with large calf sizes for those of you looking scroll down :)
  13. DrHaggis Jedi Knight

star 3
    Thanks for the tips Angela. I think I'm going to see if I can get it custom made for me. I dont think I'm ready for the investment in leather working tools just yet.

14. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    So what are we doing for halloween? It's less than a month away now. I guess we should probably talk about that at the next meeting.
  15. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    its on a sunday so we could do something on the saturday and the sunday, i think reds is having their party on the saturday
  16. DARK_PADAWAN Jedi Knight

star 3
    So on sunday we would be doing the bowling thing?
  17. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    I would like to do things all three days......bowling on Sunday just might work.

I'll wear my costume I'll be wearing at work. I'm making myself a packet of relish... 8-} Big group of us going as lunch.....LMAO It really is fabulous how I'm going to make it....and ketchup, mustard, a bag of chips, a hot dog and a can of pop. Crap....that's only 6...what am I missing? Oh yeah..the cheese slice....
  18. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    that sounds really cool, is anywhere having a halloween party the friday night?

Smart set has Jedi type belts, kinda weird
  19. TK0187 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I ordered a cool Clone trooper costume for Hallaween here it is...

http://shop.starwars.com/Product/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=126

And here is the helmet that comes with it too...

http://shop.starwars.com/Product/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=137

I know it's not Pro or anything but it's a pretty good costume for a low price ;)

Please comment on what you think of the costume i'll post some pics of me wearing it soon :)
  20. geekgirl76 Jedi Master

star 4
    :p I love the description of the helmet "equipped with a see-through lens in front" good thing to know, are there ones out there that come with a solid visor?

I love the lunch idea, take pictures! I'm doing a fairy if I can find the fabric, no one has anything that's jumping out at me yet. I've just finished Kits Roman (the dead part isn't my responsablity), and Spencers devil just need the horns glue to the band; then I get to wait for the "oh, we have days and days left, can you make me..." :)
  21. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    at least you got a couple done before more requests come in :p
  22. geekgirl76 Jedi Master

star 4
    That's true, usually I'm finishing up Kits the night before the scarecrow fest. :)
  23. TK0187 Jedi Knight

star 1
    The see through visor is smoked so you can see people like a smoked car window but they can't see you kind of like the stormtrooper's helmets :)
  24. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    did my white battle outfit hair, can't decide if it looks good or if it looks like crappy
  25. geekgirl76 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, bring it to the meeting, it's always good to get outside opinions. :)
    I just got back from the fabric store, I found all the fabric and thread I need for my fairy (total of 11m for under my budget of $50), except I haven't decided what to do about the wings. [face_dancing]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.