Costumes for Next Halloween

Discussion in 'Edmonton, AB' started by BFett333, Nov 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redeyekho Jedi Knight

star 2
    Not sure what an enaber is? You should join. There's plenty of goodies in there. I know myself... I really shouldn't look at that site as it fills my head with wants :oops:
  2. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    yeah got the fourth panel done, only two left to go.
  3. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    on the last panel hopefully get it done tomorrow or tuesdya, yay its so close, then just finish the sleves then the bodice. getting there.
  4. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    Can't wait to see what you've done, Liann!

I was sick for 5 + days and so now I'm waaaaaay far behind. I got some stuff on Erin's costume done this weekend and a little bit on the assembly of my new Scout armor. This week is going to be busy in order to get Erin's finished, my medieval one finished, my friends medieval one started and hopefully finished and maybe a couple of other things. Gak!!
  5. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    ahhh so much for you to do. hope you feel better.

ugg don't think that panels getting done today, slept to late
  6. Domino_Leia Jedi Knight

star 3
    Got Chris's shirt cut out, sewed the modesty panel onto Sam's dress and did some trimming on the rogue threads, got the neck line pinned and did a little bitty wee bit of sewing on it, and cracked the whip over Liann to get her working on the panels.
  7. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    i have finally finished the scallops HOORAY. thought it would never end :p if i ever think it would be a good idea to tackle something like this again, someone please stop me.
  8. ms_ventress Jedi Knight

star 3
    double hooray,,, thanks again for letting me borrow your blaster Liann... and dropping it off. :) THANK YOU!
  9. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    Can't wait to see it, Liann!
  10. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    welcome

first attempt at pleats looked really bad so had to rip it out and redo it, looks much better except accidently had a piece of satin fold up underneath so just have to rip out a little section. its a little poofy but should settle down once hung. and i even bled on it.
  11. Domino_Leia Jedi Knight

star 3
    This thing is gonna be so awesome when it's all done. So awesome!! But yah, you are insane and if you decide on another crazy dress like this, I will take you to Ponoka and collect my $50 for doing so.
  12. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    haha. Terry was kind enough to point out that the feast is in two weeks. so seriiously stressing now. somehow thought there was an extra weekn in there somewhere. eek
  13. DARK_PADAWAN Jedi Knight

star 3
    YES my boots came and they didn't screw up the order!!! And this weekend I'm going to do my belt this weekend.
  14. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    awesome. cant wait to see it all together :)
  15. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    I got my friends dress cut out and most of it sewn. I tried on my dress again, but this time with a corset underneath and it looks waaaaaay better. I'm still going to add a little boning to keep it from pulling at the grommets but it should be just fine otherwise. Last night I got most of the under "dress" for my Jawa cut out......and didn't have enough for the sleeve....grrrrrrrr. So close.....but soooo far. I'm going to Fabricland in the mall tomorrow after work to get a zipper etc. for my friends dress so I'll just pick up another piece of the broadcloth for the Jawa. I brought the Jawa hood with me to work today to get the handsewing on the front done. I pinned the edges on the robes so I can sew them up tonight. One more costume almost done! Ooooo....and I bought new lights for the "eyes" so I just have to do a little rewiring.
  16. geekgirl76 Jedi Master

star 4
    GHAAA!!! Aren't sergers supposed to make life easier?!?! Got the pants half done whan the stupid thing decided to start eating things. :( Bah, I'll fight with it tommorow.
  17. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    I hope it didn't see you type that, Terry! [face_shame_on_you] [face_laugh]

I feel your pain. My machine has "days". It's best just to walk away from it when it's having one of them.
  18. geekgirl76 Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't know, I like the idea of drop kicking it into a snowbank better. :p
  19. Domino_Leia Jedi Knight

star 3
    No Terry cause then you'll hurt your foot. And even though you will have had the satisfaction of drop kicking the blasted machine into a snow bank, in the end it will have won as your foot will be causing you immense pain. Best to think things through. ;)
  20. BFett333 Jedi Master

star 4
    I got the Jawa hood pretty much finished yesterday so not much left to do!
  21. Domino_Leia Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sssttrreeesssiiinnnggg!!!!! Too much to do. :s
  22. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    totally :( nearly done though. i jsut want it to be done :(
  23. Domino_Leia Jedi Knight

star 3
    Got the edges of the waist cincher sewn, pinned the hem on my skirt and got about 1/4 of that sewn. I brought it with me to work today and I should be able to have that finished by the end of the day. Have to put the grommets in the waist cincher and then finish Chris's shirt. Should be ok for time.
  24. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    dress is done, hooray :)
  25. DARK_PADAWAN Jedi Knight

star 3
    I almost have my Luke belt done woot!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.