main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Costumes for Next Halloween

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by BFett333, Nov 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BFett333

BFett333 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2003
    Nope....a whole inch.....LOL

2. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    HELP, i just got my pouches and their whiter than my outfit so I have to paint them but i've never used fabric paint before, is there anything i should know before painting them, i don't want to wreck them.

3. Ky-Wan

Ky-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    I always hate it when I can't help a damsel in distress :(. Sorry I don't know much about that stuff

4. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Oh oh Liann.....what are they made out of again?? Could you tea stain them a little or something? Could you try a waterbath with paint in it (that's what I did for my gloves to dingie them up).

5. geekgirl76

geekgirl76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    I'm thinking dilute the paint a lot or it will be clumpy. I'm with Angela, what are they made of?

6. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    they are kind of made of vinyl, but super thin vinyl not the kind your thinking, it has no backing, more like vinyl track pants, but its backed with cardboard, i'll try to take some pics tonight.

7. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    O.k. don't dilute the paint, it will wreck the cardboard. I don't know if fabric paint will stick to it, you'll have to try in an inconspicuous spot.

8. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Yeah....I'm with Terry on the whole paint thing. Ummmmm......hmmmmm.......leave it in the back window of your car for awhile....it'll yellow.....

Otherwise...I wouldn't worry too much about it. They can be different white than the rest of your gear.

9. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    i've got some pics put you can't see the colour very well, its kind off the bright white that almost looks like it has a blue tinge. not sure if this link will work

10. BFett333

Jun 22, 2003
    Everything looks yellowish in those pics so I couldn't tell. Serious though.....I would just leave it for now rather than trying something that might wreck them. They look awesome!

11. DARK_PADAWAN

DARK_PADAWAN Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 18, 2004
    Yeehaww!! I'm almost finnished my costume I just have to Make the belt get the grey undershert and finnish the tabbards.

12. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    tried it all on and the colour looked ok except my boots don't match the colour of the shinpads. finally hemmed my pants, just working on the shirt cuffs, too many little things to finish before the weekend, the beadings coming along pretty well got a lot done yesterday.

hows your dress and wings coming Terry, did you get trim for your dress?

13. DARK_PADAWAN

Feb 18, 2004
    I baught my materials for my belt and its going to be made out of a brown vinyl its going to take a while to do.

14. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    Sounds like everyone is coming along nicely. I mocked the sleave gods and they punished me, I have to pull the bottoms out and try again (both inside out and one is backwards). Never pin and actually watch T.V. at the same time. :p I've decided to go with the wire but I havent riged a harness yet. Tommorow is my "get this stuff done day".

15. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    hope your sleeves are working out better today Terry. I have too much stuff left to do, stupid work, it interferes with my sewing :p i'm sure i'll spend most of saturday finishing stuff.

16. DARK_PADAWAN

Feb 18, 2004
    Hmmmm what should i do about the boots? I have some snow boots that look like Anakins I just have to customize them a bit, unless anyone knows were i can buy some boots real real cheap.

17. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    depends what size your feet are, you might be able to get away with some womens winter boots, sears has good prices, so does payless, i don't think you find anything in mens thats under a couple hundred dollars.

18. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    DP, definately look in the Sears catalogue if your feet are small enough.

The stress begins :p
    My sleaves are in but I don't like the colour of the edging now. The dress itself creates enough static to light a city block, and someone used the last of the fabric softener. I haven't figured out a broach yet which I need to hide the fact I under estimated on the collar, which I still have to tack down. My wings are one hissy fit away from the trash, I might start them over. Kit called about 10 miutes ago asking for jewlery to go with her costume and her guide party is tommorow. 8-}

19. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    I saw a fabric stiffener at michaels if that helps at all.

20. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    decided to fix my white pants, ripped out the waist and the zipper, that was the hard part, now i just have to sew it back together. still haven't gotten any beading done, just not enought time.

21. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    pants are done, they turned out really well, hairs attempts not going so well, going to try it tonight with my own hair gelled into loops and see how it goes, hopefully the can hide all the barrettes, that things is very heavy.

22. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Bring asprin then ;)

Your going as Padme, right?

23. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    yep, aspirins sound like a good idea

24. geekgirl76

Mar 29, 2002
    LOL, you'll need a booth so you can rest your head, I'll need a stool cause leaning back is so not an option. One day we'll learn and go with total comfort. :p

25. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    third attempt at the hair went pretty well, its a little bulky, hopefully my own hair will look better on tomorrows attempt, just going to keep in on to see how long it lasts before bits start falling down, hopefully it doesn't look really lame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.