main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Costumes for the midnight show at Rave

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Master_Vader, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Ditto Elan-Rai! I'll be dragging juz to get to work before 7am Thurs morn.

2. ForceConduit

ForceConduit Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    Hey renegades what's up? I plan on being there right beside you Nyborg. I get off of work around twoish and should be robed up soon after. Don't know if I can sit with you guys for the movie though. I got two of my friends going with me and they aren't one of "US" yet. They plan on meeting me there. I guess we can work out the details after C3 though. Hey Kynstar, When I arrive at my hotel I'll phone you or leave a message on your voice mail. The same goes for all of us though. Let's keep in touch people! Later to all see you at C3 soon!!!!

May the force be with us all!!!

3. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    'k :) Cool ForceConduit yeah do call :D I should be getting at Day's Inn around 5ish PM Wed (unless something happens...by the Force I hope not!!) See ya there!

Everybody becareful driving there! And see ya there! [:D]

4. jeepgirls30

jeepgirls30 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    Hey guys
    Jeep girl here. My family, I have a husband and a 7 year old and a 1 year old were all primed to head to Indiana for CIII. But, my husband is in the hospital with a staph infection and has had surgery so our plans are pretty much a wash. So, let me know when we are meeting after all you lucky ones get back. Everyone be safe on their trips.
    See you at the meeting but most importantly at the show!!

5. ForceConduit

ForceConduit Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    Hey Jeepgirl. Hope your husband recovers well. Take care. We'll miss you at the celebration. You'll be with us in "Force" though.

6. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Hey girl, Sith leave the sick behind HAHAHA No seriously I hope everything ends up alright and we will keep you intouch just keep checking the boards for updates.

7. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    We'll pray for you jeepgirl. Hope the nerf herder gets well soon. Incidentally, how did he get the infection and what hospital is he at?

8. jeepgirls30

Mar 18, 2005
    Hey there everybody, Thanks for wishing my husband well. He had a staph infection in his elbow where he had bursitis. He was in the Conway Regional Hospital. We will both be dressed as Jedi (Guess we're not going for the whole "no attachments" rule)
    What is everyone else who is dressing up going as?
    What can I do to help get the word about Arkansith out there? Let me know.
    Jeepgirl

9. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Ill be as my ole Stormtrooper self. Not much right now except maybe do some cards or flyers for your area and take a few with you when you go toy shopping or you would be surprised who you might find looking at the new Star Wars cereal.

10. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    I'll be doing Jedi while Ramon will be Sithly ;)

I do hope he gets better! Those type of infections can wipe ya of your energy :(

11. Jedi_Master_Vader

Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2003
    Hey does anyone have the Simplicity costume pattern #5843?

Its the trilogy trumpter one, basically a SW one, but I am low on the green stuff so I was looking if I could borrow it from anyone

12. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    I'd have to check to see if that is the one I have. I'll try to dig around as soon as I can.

13. Jedi_Master_Vader

Aug 27, 2003
    Nevermind I just went ahead and bought the pattern

14. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    So is that one better than 5840? I think that 5840 is the one I used, with some modifications.

Hey Jeep, how is your husband?

15. Jedi_Master_Vader

Aug 27, 2003
    no its the same, the number was just different online and yeah i changed mine up some too

16. jeepgirls30

Mar 18, 2005
    The husband is much better, can't go back to work for yet another week, and if my lightsabre was real, I would go all Obi-Wan on the arm so I could hear him quit complaining (and stop having to change the dressing)...just kidding. Are we going to try and meet and come up with a flyer idea to advertise our little group? Also, is someone actually in contact with the Rave management? I don't work and by I am done with college for the semester next week so, I can basically be up there in line whenever...The other thing to work out with theatre management is access to the rest rooms...this may sound silly but some theatres have an issue with this and it's a long way to the Wendy's or the car lots...Just a thought. Let me know what I can do. And if we have a meeting time and/or place.
    JeepGirl

17. Jedi_Master_Vader

Aug 27, 2003
    Say does anyone know where I can find a Jedi belt with the food capsules?

18. davisjaron

davisjaron Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    Just a suggestion, jedigear.com has great custom belts. I know the guy who makes those he will custom make it and send it to you priority mail fairly quickly. About food capsules just go to walmart and get a few pens, then go to the area where all the sewing material and clothing material is and get a gold and silver painting pen and paint the pen caps to make food capsules.

Well... I now have 150 dollars so I think I can throw together a very basic wookiee costume if I can work fast enough. I probably won't have stilts but thats ok... any suggestions on making this costume look good and make it cheap?

19. Jedi_Prezrick

Jedi_Prezrick Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2005
    HI
    I dont get to go to the rave
    but if we have a midnight showing in Mt.Home i will probubly go
    even if we dont have a midnight showing here i will still go in my Yoda costume it looks reely real my mom made it but we got the maske on the intenet and i found a stick in yhe woods that looks like his

Ilove STAR WARS

20. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I just got a second set of tickets for the Rave, for 4pm on Thursday. Anyone else going to that showing?

21. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Do we know if this will be digital?

22. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Since we don't have DLP in Arkansas, I'd say no to the digital video. Now, Dolby Digital audio - YES! :D

23. MisterBlunt

MisterBlunt Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2005
    So there is no digital theater in Arkansas? I guess I am going to have to see it a couple times while I am in Memphis at the end of the month. [face_frustrated]

24. penzargrat

penzargrat Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jan 7, 2001
    There's a digital theater in Rogers, but it's way over in the northwest corner of the state. Memphis is closer.

25. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Sorry. Meant Little Rock since that was the question above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.