main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Costumes... I'd like to see

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by whisperjedi, Jul 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whisperjedi

whisperjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    I would like to see more droid costumes, I haven't seen a '3-PO costume, or IG-88, or that medical droid on Hoth. Was thinking about this, and there hasn't been much of a droid contingent. Villians, yes. Alliance and rebels, yes. Droids...not so much.

2. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    there was a really good C-3PO at C3, and they had a really good bad C-3PO droid but i can't remember what the actual characters name was though.

3. redeyekho

redeyekho Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 1, 2003
    There are many factors involved in droids costumes. There's no way a person could do a Medic or IG-88 droid...not unless you want to cut off your arms and legs *lol*. First you really have to have a slim figure. It would be a very uncomfortable costume to wear. You think our costume is restrictive.. if you wore a C-3PO costume. You would have to shuffle to walk. Your arms would be in a bent position. Your arms can't be straight. A small object in front of you will cause you to fall. You can't even use your hands to break your fall. So it would be a hard fall. Last but not all... it would be very costly project. I too would love to see more C-3PO's :)

4. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Yeah both those c-3po costumes at c3 were amazing but I would think droid costumes would be really hard to make. Plus they would take a lot of work like the general greivous from c3 that guy must of been working on that for a long time.

5. DarthFatAlbert

DarthFatAlbert Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2005
    Costume I'd like to see. Slave girl Leia, and only Slave girl Leia. All other costumes are a moot point compared to the awe-inspiring vision of this costume.

6. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    DarthFatAlbert - You should have been at WesterCon, man. I'm telling ya'. ;)

7. SithatHeart

SithatHeart Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    I'm sure no one knows what you're talking about! [face_blush]

8. DarthFatAlbert

DarthFatAlbert Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2005
    Sweet! It wasn't a guy dressed up as Leia was it? For the love of the Force, tell me it wasn't a guy dressed up in it.

9. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    NOT A GUY thats for sure.

10. whisperjedi

whisperjedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    hey all,

watched ROTJ, yesterday, and got some new ideas, one--really, and ohh...a disturbance.

Firstly, has anyone done or seen, a General NAydeen costume? They look alright.

And the other, what the !??? with Hayden @ the end with old Ben and Yoda?
    Anakin didn't age a bit. And I will not accept that he returned to his "good" looks self when he died.

Give me an OLD Sebestian Shaw anyday.

Lucas !??% tickling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.