main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Costumes in the Prequel Trilogy

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Laudrup, Jun 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    This thread is most impressive.

darth amedda
    In TPM her robes are very colourful, vivid, rich and decorative reflecting vitality of Galacitc, grandiosity of republic and light-heartedness of Episode 1.

In AOTC her clothes are more romantic, emphasizing her personal charm and thus corresponding with the genre of love story. On the other hand this white uniform brings associations with classical sci-fi B-movies what reflects stronger feel of adventure created especially in the second part of this film.

And finally in ROTS her dresses are usually very simple, dark and discreet, while still elegant. The costumes here reach level of simplicty which may be already compared with OT. It fits very well tone of tragedy prevailing in this episode and helps to focus on facial expression, thus making her look more personal, fragile and maybe even spiritual.

You mention AOTC and the adventure. It has been called the most "pulpish" of the prequels.
    Good insight.

2. darthzeppo

darthzeppo Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 21, 2005
    darth-amedda
    that second picture you posted is not Asian. it?s an American Indian hairstyle, the Hopi call it the squash blossom. It?s worn young girls looking to get married.

Compare the Victorian/ Edwardian era & the 20s look. That?s a drastic change.

I?ve noticed that neither Padme or Leia show their bare legs ( except for the Bikini & that wasn?t her choice) & that the only women who do so are the slags in the AOTC night club & that waitress in Dex?s diner.

3. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    that the only women who do so are the slags in the AOTC night club & that waitress in Dex?s diner.

Wow, youre right. I never noticed the waitresses legs before. :p

4. ThePriminister05

ThePriminister05 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 28, 2005
    I agree with that, Attack of the Clones has always been regarded by my friends and I as the "popcorn flick" of the 6 films.

The Jedi costumes are absolutly amazing, like alot of nerds...or are we dorks?....anyway I have made(with help from my mother) an EXACT replication of Anakin/Vader outfit from Episode III, we used vinal(vy-nul)sp? for the leather looking vest looking thing on the costume, we made the boots and when I go vader next Halloween we'll have constructed the cloak and Im getting some yellow contacts. It's one of the reasons I LOVE the prequels, the design of the costumes is outstanding.

Bail Organa's outfits are awesome in Episode III.

Thats the next one we're gonna make.

5. darth-amedda

darth-amedda Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2003
    Yeah, my fault. Sorry for mistake and thanks for comment.

6. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005
    I'd have to say that if you are gunning for "Dork" you are doing well for yourself.

Er, maybe I'm just jealous because my mom isn't that handy at making clothing. ;)

Carnage

7. darthzeppo

darthzeppo Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 21, 2005

I think AOTC has the most corsets in a science fiction film that I?ve seen.

That sentence doesn?t look quiet right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.