main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Costumes in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by KitsterAKABobaFett, Jun 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    I'm waiting for Disney to bring the shorts issue up again :oops:

2. Jemik_Prenn

Jemik_Prenn Jedi Padawan star 1

May 24, 2014
    Honestly iI do hope they look to unused Ralph concepts. There's SO MUCH. I know Rebels will probably harvest a lot of them for it's own sake, but That doesn't mean some can't be used for the ST as well. The man had a great imagination. Regarding Jedi Robes, I too would like to see very individualized styles between Jedi. It makes sense. Luke should learn from the mistakes of the past Jedi. They were too structured and uniform, give or take a few. The more exotic Jedi often had more exotic robes, probably due to cultural beliefs, like Shaak Tii, Ahsoka, Aayla Secura, Barriiss Offee, Luminara Unduli etc. Even Anakin's robe's werent typical. Perhaps Jedi did have that freedom to choose their own style?

darklordoftech and Darth_Corvus like this.
  3. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007

I think it's safe to say they will. We've already seen the archway thing from the unused Jabba's Palace concept, and it looks like that X-Wing is definitely McQuarrie-inspired. I really think they're looking to his influence as the future of Star Wars.

A few other designs I hope to see show up in some form or another...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Yeah. The robes should reflect the cultural backgrounds of the Jedi. Leather bikini for one, Kimono for the other.

darklordoftech likes this.
  5. Jemik_Prenn

Jemik_Prenn Jedi Padawan star 1

May 24, 2014
    but mainly leather bikini pls :p

6. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    No this is not the 80's anymore!

Pfluegermeister likes this.
  7. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    [​IMG]Don't know if Disney would go for this. Seriously creepy concept art by McCaig for a Sith Witch.

8. Young Yoda

Young Yoda Jedi Knight star 1

May 4, 2014
    [​IMG]

http://www.thenational.ae/arts-life...esigners-create-star-wars-episode-vii-outfits

DurararaFTW, Dewback, Redimet and 6 others like this.
  9. Young Yoda

May 4, 2014
  10. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Wow! We may just seen the costume of our female villain! Nice find Young Yoda!

11. Young Yoda

May 4, 2014
    I'm sorry, maybe I misunderstood... I don't know if these costumes were created for the movie or if they are just inspired by Star Wars.

Trebor Sabreon and TK327 like this.
  12. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    It's hard to be sure, based on the article, isn't it? Regardless, the costume is great!

13. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    My guess is that the challenge was no different than that you'll see in, say, Face Off or Jim Henson's Creature Shop: in one episode of the former, for instance, the challenge was to design a character for the cantina scene; it wasn't to make a specific character in the script, just to make up a character from scratch that the contestant felt COULD fit in this environment. But I have a DAMNED hard time believing that LFL gave these designers actual character information to work with, unless it was a character in the deep background.

That said, their work looks gorgeous.

HanSolo29 , TK327 and Artoo-Dion like this.
  14. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    That outfit on the left looks perfect for Lupita/Ventress type character. The way its cut and the colouring should give a perfect flow during a lightsaber battle.

Redimet likes this.
  15. STARBOB

STARBOB Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 11, 2002
    [​IMG]
    That concept photo made me think of this rebels picture.

Immortiss likes this.
  16. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Yeah, the article reads as if the costumes are inspired by SW and might be featured at a premier event but not in the film itself.

17. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Brian Muir, Darth Vader sculptor, joins Episode VII.

[​IMG]

18. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Cool costumes and idea! They are definitely fan-made and not associated with the movie - we know the costume designer for the movie is Michael Kaplan. But these two designers did a great job. The first one would be cool for a female villain and the second one reminds me of the black and white costume for Luke in the RotJ concept art.

Immortiss, Revanfan1, Satipo and 2 others like this.
  19. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    Maybe this guy got pretty close:

[​IMG]

20. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    So this would possibly mean that Adam Driver's costume isn't finalised yet... or are they not too happy with the result in what they've already shot?
    Incredible because it looks virtually the same as she's worn so far or incredible because she really likes the pic?

Immortiss likes this.
  21. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Personally, I think it more likely he is working on pre-production for Episode VIII, since I imagine sculpture is preproduction and VII is in the middle principle photography. Maybe a hint of things to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Django Fett likes this.
  22. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    That's a good point. Costumes for the main characters should have been finished up months ago before shooting started. Of course there can be last minute adjustments and what not, but major things like the actual sculpting of helmets and armor I would think would have been done a while back. I suppose it could be a course correction if they didn't like how someone's costume turned out. Or maybe he's working on the costume for someone like Lupita who was announced later and doesn't seem to have started filming yet.

Immortiss likes this.
  23. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    They'll make "storm" trooper costumes that resemble Vader in order to instill fear in the good guys. Problem is, with all of that heavy breathing, the good guys will know the bad guys are coming from miles away!

24. acroyear7

acroyear7 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2006
    If there are any stormtroopers of some sort, I hope we get actual costumes and not computer generated armor.

25. Visivious Drakarn

Visivious Drakarn Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2013
    Well, if there are any weapons of some sort, I hope they'll use the real ammunition instead of fake looking CGI laser beams. [face_beatup]

Andy Wylde likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.