main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Costumes in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by KitsterAKABobaFett, Jun 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Well there's a 100% improvement over the last 2 films, an actual armour wearing trooper on set =D=

Satipo and vinsanity like this.
  2. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014
    I'd like for Jedi not to have to wear elaborate dressing gowns this time, or have any kind of uniform really.

3. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002

I always figured what Luke wore in ROTJ was the Jedi "uniform". And I pictured them more like special forces, than monks. The Tatooine costumes just made no sense at all.

TooMuchBBQ likes this.
  4. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014
    Indeed. Old Ben in ANH simply appears to be wearing his own variant of the Tatooine garb, similar to Luke and Owen. I never understood the logic of retconning it so that they were actually jedi robes. A Jedi, hiding out on backwater planet, goes around dressed as... a Jedi... haha. No, I was always sure he dressed like that because it's a suitable way to dress in the desert.

Abadacus, Satipo and TooMuchBBQ like this.
  5. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    i like the mouth section and helmet flare..its got a predator kind of look to it. I love how the OT had snowtroopers, shocktroopers, sandtroopers,stormtroopers,et cetera....im looking forward to seeing some SEAL troopers, or aqua troopers, or some variations on their battle armor. I hope they do refer to some the old sketches like the one above.

Exactly. It's the not-as-pretty equivalent to this robe from RotJ:

[​IMG][/quote]

oh thats hilarious....is this a paparazzi shot?

6. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    dyous87 likes this.
  7. Sithblade11

Sithblade11 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 12, 2013
    A few weeks ago Alex James from Blur has a column in national paper and was filming a tv show at Pinewood. He then said he was wondering around lost and tried to open a door when out stepped " a jedi"! So looks like the robes are back.

8. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014
    Did he say he saw robes? Because you didn't say he did in your post...

9. Sithblade11

Sithblade11 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 12, 2013
    Not sure the quote was there was something like a real jedi standing in front of him. I would take it from that the general tunic look of the PT or the robe. Not sure how of a fan he is,but a tunic/robe look would be general idea what jedi description would be.

10. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Hmm, I want something in-between. Like Luke's DSII outfit, or something. Definitely not monk robes, but something simple and unrestrictive for combat.

Satipo likes this.
  11. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    I wouldn't mind seeing Luke dressed in a similar outfit to what Anakin wore in ROTS, it hints at his family's dark past. And to argue against the traditional PT outfits, we are looking at the evolved Jedi not the old order.

Andy Wylde and Revanfan1 like this.
  12. dyous87

dyous87 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 5, 2006
    Is this a new concept that leaked for the ST or is it some old concept art that a fan made into real armor? Does anyone have a link to the armor concept?

13. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    This is going to sound weird, but I'd like to see less massive sleeves for any Jedi.

TK327, Adi_Gallia_9 and Revanfan1 like this.
  14. dyous87

Oct 5, 2006
    If there was some kind of Jedi "uniform" for the ST I would much rather them wear something a bit more form fitting and modern. I think Luke's Jedi tunic from ROTJ would work well, maybe not necessarily in black.

TK327 and Revanfan1 like this.
  15. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I'm not sure how retconned it was given that both Yoda and Anakin (Seb Shaw) wore similar garb in TESB and ROTJ respectively. Whilst I too (as a kid) always pictured Jedi Knights, in combat, looking more like Luke in ROTJ, I think the monk/quasi-religious look is very much in keeping with Lucas' 'in-universe' aesthetic.

Andy Wylde and TK327 like this.
  16. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Agreed. I see both sides. It doesn't make much sense for Ben to hide out in Jedi robes, although moisture farmers wear similar (and let's face it, he couldn't even be bothered to change either his or Luke's name), but the fact Yoda and Anakin were wearing similar means it's not really a retcon either. Would have been interesting to see them go the peacekeeper style that Chiang came up with.

dyous87 and TK327 like this.
  17. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    agreed. th
    ageree, there not ideal they would get in the way in a duel.

dyous87 and Satipo like this.
  18. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    Seeing as Anakin was a native of Tatooine it wouldn't be such a unlikely thing that his spirit wore clothes of his former self, Yoda wears that light brown tunic thats similar to Luke's black one only with a cloth tabard.

dyous87 likes this.
  19. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Yeah, that's probably why they always throw off their outer robes before a duel. :p

But nonetheless, I agree. Can we just have some normal, cuffed sleeves or something instead of billowy sleeves?

dyous87 and Satipo like this.
  20. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    It's an old McQuarrie concept that a talented fan (actually a design company--KW Designs) sculpted into real costumes. IMO, they are film grade.

Here's one McQuarrie painting showing this design.

[​IMG]

dyous87 likes this.
  21. dyous87

Oct 5, 2006
    Yes I remember this! I haven't seen it in ages. I love that picture, thanks!

TK327 likes this.
  22. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Although I think the trooper armour will be close to McQuarries art, I hope if that's the case they manage to capture a little of the menace in the expression. While on a technical level they're impressive, the ones in those fan pics look a little non threatening and proportionally they feel odd, like slightly pin headed.

23. dyous87

Oct 5, 2006
    If stormtroopers are in this movie, which it looks like they will, I hope they are not identical to the OT armor and there is some type of progression. If you look at the evolution of clone trooper armor to stormtrooper armor there is a progression that I hope they can follow for the next generation of tropper armor for the ST:

[​IMG]

Andy Wylde and Django Fett like this.
  24. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    We'll almost certainly see a new variant. If the rumors are to be believed, the helmets will flare out like Vader's (see the pic Redimet posted above) and there will only be a single, narrow eyeslit (something akin to McQuarrie's Cylon concept that regard; see below).

[​IMG]

I just happen to like what they managed to do with that particular RMQ concept. Who knows, we may see more than one type of trooper.

dyous87 likes this.
  25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Speaking of costumes, we need more costumes like the one Carrie Fisher is wearing in that photo.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.