main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Costumes & Props making Party/Get-together

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedi_1966, Jan 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    Alrighty,with winter here it's a perfect time for doing indoors projects and get togethers.Before the holidays came upon us,we'd started talking about having a costume making party(party?Don't really know what else to call it),Now,with an open calender,wadda ya think?What ever you wanna work on...A costume,a prop,both,you know me...ready willing and able.
    Let's get collective and see when we can all come together to do it.

2. DarthDahc

DarthDahc Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 4, 2002
    I want to make my tusken helmet right in front of you cause yours is great and I want that kinda help. Also Lightsabre and a robe for my costume. I also, would like to make myself Jedi robes.(yes shhhhh be quiet don't tell anyone)

3. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Ah, so we have brought one back to the light.....

I'd like to hang out Tony. Besides we need to go over details about our lightsaber project in detail and at length.

4. DarthDahc

DarthDahc Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 4, 2002
    I was never in the light and haven't been brought back, I just want a jedi costume as the same with a tusken costume.

5. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    Great idea! Now I wouldn't be so isolated in my basement while I bulid my mandalorian combat armor.

6. Mara-hari

Mara-hari Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    Okay - I'm all for this. Hopefully, it will be an incentive to get my butt in gear about the Zam costume, or at least the KYD-21 blaster she carries. ;) You guys just let me know what day you're planning this, and I"ll try my hardest be there. If you're going to pick a weekend day, I'm off on Sundays, but the only Saturday I could do it this month is the 25th.

7. Noble_Kale

Noble_Kale Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2002
    BTW, how is your Zam costume coming along Mara-hari?

8. Crimson_Knight1175

Crimson_Knight1175 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2002
    I'll be there for sure, I want to work on a gaffi stick as well, and possibly a few other ideas I've been tossing around my head. And I'll be glad to help out on anyone else's projects as well if they need some assitance!

9. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    bring your robes guys ~ maybe you can help me with my new costume [face_devil]

will this be a weekend thing or a 1 day thing?

10. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Hmmm.. dunno.. but I would like to finish up my Jedi robes.. and then possibly..
    *shh..*
    Make an imperial officer's outfit.. like Admiral Daala..
    *^_~*
    Shh.. don't tell anyone, okay? ^_^.. This would be in the far future, as I first have to finish my beautiful jedi robes! ^_^

11. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    For once you start down the dark path forever will ......

Actually I think that would be cool, Saber.

We should have a get together were we wear the opposite of what we usually wear.

Imagine:

Whitney(Saberpilot)/Imperial officer
    Chad(Darth Dahc)/Jedi
    Tom(Noble Kale)/Jedi or Rebel Fleet Trooper
    Joe(Crimson Knight)/Same as Tom
    Me/Emperor (Okay so I've done that but traditionally I'm a Jedi)
    Tom(Corran)/Tie Pilot (same reason as above)
    Tony(Jedi_1966)/ Hmmm what could he be? Actually he would make a great Talon Karde.

Who else?

12. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    Hmmm.. master? ^_^ Maybe Carrie could be Daala and I could be Isard?
    ^_^
    *go female officers!*

13. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    Anth has an officer uniform he is thinking of selling = you wouldn't have to make anything except the $$ to buy it ;)

14. Mara-hari

Mara-hari Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    "BTW, how is your Zam costume coming along Mara-hari?"

LOL - Actually Noble, it still pretty much exists in my head at this point, although I've gotten in with a group at the dented helmet forums to special order neoprene-coated nylon to make the jumpsuit. Sewing it should be...interesting - but at least that part is underway a little. I'd like to start finding parts to create the blaster & projectile rifle soon - that will be my next project I think. As far as the armor, helmet, shoes, etc., I've sort of been putting that off because it's the part I know the least about.

Anyway, lots of work to be done. ;)

15. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    that sounds so much fun! i need to make some stuff!

16. Noble_Kale

Noble_Kale Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2002
    Sal, actually I have thoguht about doing Jedi Robes and or an Endor Trooper in the future but if I would do Jedi Robes It would be a Dark Jedi though. [face_devil]

Mara-hari, I was just curious on how you were progressing on it. Sound like you have a good plan on what you want to do. Good luck and if you need any help let me know.

17. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    I can easily see you as an Endor trooper.

(Actually the costume seems quite easy.)
    Just get some camoflauge or hunter's gear. Make the hat and back pack as well as the gun and there ya' go.....

wheee....spins off in a daze.....

Yeah, I'm loopy at the moment. It's almost quittin' time.

18. greencat336

greencat336 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 27, 2001
    I'd love to do this, but its looking like March will be the first free time I'll have for it :( :(

If I ever went with anything other than Jedi . . . I think I'd want some of Amidala's costumes, her formal robes from when she was Queen. Like that pretty bead thing she wore when Palpy told her he'd been nominated for Chancellor, or the black outfit her decoy wore while escaping Naboo, with that great feather headpiece.

Somehow though, I don't think I'll be able to talk my costume maker into either of those . . .

19. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    Message from Master:

When and where?

Just putting it up since he's not usually on till morning.

By march I hope to be somewhat close to finished with Jango so its all ready for Comic con and I'm not up till 5 in the morning the day before working away. Just so theres not an overabundance of Jedi there and so I can return to my Mandalorian roots. (First yr i went to comiccon I was bobba acutally first costume I ever bulit too.)

20. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I am game, you know me. 12,000th forum post :)

21. Crimson_Knight1175

Crimson_Knight1175 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2002
    Sal, as per you suggestion, my plans for my first Rebel outfit is the Fleet trooper. It should be pretty easy to do if I can lay my hands on the helmet at a reasonable price.

As for Imperial costumes, and this is in the future a good deal down the road.....I'm planning on doing a General Veers type officer, and AT-AT Driver (along with Noble Kale) and possibly a Tusken Raider as well. I also want to do a Senate Guard costume if I can find a helmet somehow, or find someone to work on making one with.

And Saber, I think the idea of the Imp officer is great for you. Daala would be good and Isard would be even better in that blood red Imperial Intelligence outfit! Would be a good way to get into the 501st too if you are interested!

So I'm all up for a costuming party, you can count on me being there!

22. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    The mr and I were talking ~ how does this sound: since most want something for comicon we could do 2 weekends.

Let's start planning the first for January 25th-26th (Heidi = u better come!) and since GC can't make that date we could do another say March 1st-2nd. This way people could start on stuff now and have people to help them and give them direction - they would have about a month to work on their stuff and then we could "re-meet" and finish stuff up and still have a month before comicon to "perfect" our "stuff"

Let me know if this is do-able for y'all

23. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    I'm going to try & request the 25/26th off, hopefully I get them.
    Hmm.. do you think Anth's outfit would fit me? ^_^
    I can't wait to see what I look like all dressed up! *tee-hee!*
    *dances around*

24. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    ya it should - it might even be too big

I think the pant size is 30 x 34

25. jedi_master_sal

May 20, 2002
    Tom (Noble Kale)! I would love to help you with the Blue Senate Guard outfit.

All you really need for the outfir is the helmet. The robes would be easy. Then just the Gun prop, which of course I would be delighted in helping you with.

Okay so for the helmet you really just need another royal guard helmet. I can help in cutting out the "EYE T" and fashioning the nose guard.

LMK, I'd love to see that outfit!!!!!!

The plummage would be really easy too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.