main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pittsburgh, PA Costumes & Props making Party/Get-together

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by jedi_1966, Jan 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthDahc

DarthDahc Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 4, 2002
    you guys are great! I think if whitney can figure out where in oakland i am going to be dropped off at i will do that then whomever it is easier for can drop me off, if that is ok? oh and the buss number is 77u from pH to Oakland I believe

2. Mara-hari

Mara-hari Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    I'm coming either Saturday afternoon or Sunday afternoon - not sure which, but I"ll definitely be there. And Wendy's sounds great to me. ;)

3. Mrs_jedi_1966

Mrs_jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    no problem DD - us jedi's are like this :D

4. Saberpilot

Saberpilot Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Okay, DD.. do you think you can get off somewhere near the library or near the art museum? Is there a stop near there? I also found another bus route- forget exactly, it was in the 80's series that goes from Penn Hills to Oakland.
    We could probably meet around 10:30, that way we have time to find out where Carlow is.. :) (and maybe check out some stuff in the library) ^_^

5. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    How hard could it be to find a college in the middle of oakland? Just follow the frat folk :)

6. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    There are colleges EVERYWHERE!!! *sighs* It's very easy to get lost, methinks..

7. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Yeah, you have the University of Pittsburgh, Carnegie Mellon University, Chatham (sp?), Doh there's another I can't remember. Also just down the road in town there's Duquesne University and Robert Morris University. Plus Allegheny County Community College.....It's easy to get lost. So maybe you both (Saberpilot and Darth Dahc should meet at the Cathedral of Learning's main Fifth avenue entrance. You CAN"T miss that building. it's the second largest building of higher learning in the WORLD! (Only by inches)

8. jedi_1966

jedi_1966 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 31, 2001
    As Master Yoda once said
    "Clear your minds,and find Master Fenn's wayward college,we will."
    well...not exactly that but you get the point,young padawan.And find it,you shall.

And,for sake of mention,Mara,if ya want (or if personal schedule will allow)you can do Sat. & Sun. You don't have to do just one day.

9. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    okay kids = call me and I will talk you both through directions = please don't worry = it is virtually impossible to miss Carlow = you stay on 5th Ave and keep walking and walking and walking (i think Carlow might be the last school on 5th ave. If you are walking in the same direction of traffic, the school will be on the right = there is a pretty big sign that sez "CARLOW COLLEGE" that you will walk right past

***but not to confuse you but the building I have class in is on the left = I believe it's marked The A J Palumbo.....

~ another little clue that tells ya your extremely close = the street intersection immediately before carlow is Halkett

*if you don't see the van = don't panic - I park on the street directly behind the AJP building = its called Forbes Avenue. the AJP building is on a corner = if you turn left and go down that street to the next intersect and look up the street you should probably see my van = unless of course there were no parking spaces that morning :p sorry

~ just call me

10. corran_16201

corran_16201 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2000
    But master how could someone delete a van from the archives? ;)

11. DarthDahc

Sep 4, 2002
    I am going to have my mom just drop me off in oakland cause its only a 18 minute drive and i got good directions to get to 5th avenue so I guess whitney I will meet you in front of the AJ Palumbo thingy then, I am not sure If my mom is allowing me yet so... cya later

12. Mrs_jedi_1966

Jun 14, 2002
    let me know for sure

13. Saberpilot

May 16, 2002
    Okay. DD, I sent you my cell #, and Carrie, I'll try and call you before work, if nothing happens before 5 (which has been unfortunately a habit that has been as of late)
    Can't wait to be there, guys! ^_^

14. DarthDahc

Sep 4, 2002
    I dunno if im goign to make at all now, my mom doesn't want to drive to oakland, and she definitly won't let me take the bus. So I will stay on all night if I have to so that I can settle this.

15. DarthDahc

Sep 4, 2002
    I have no ride to oakland. My mom is being mean and she won't let me ride the bus. So, I guess I'll see ya guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.