main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Costumes - What'll YOU be wearing?

Discussion in 'FanForce: Star Wars Celebrations' started by -Yun-Harla-, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimomtosith

jedimomtosith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2009
    I decided to also finish my Aurra Sing Bounty Hunter costume. Was having problems with the hair part but ok now. My dad finished making my riffle which looks awesome! Look for a Blue haired/Blue Jedi and that will be me as well.

2. Twilek_Fangirl

Twilek_Fangirl Jedi Youngling

Dec 26, 2009
    I will be bringing two costumes for sure. First is my Aayla Secura costume. I will also be packing a generic twi'lek costume for a more laid back day. I will also be attempting a brand new costume if I can lose and tone in time....dum dum dum...I will be attempting a Slave Leia costume for CV. I sure hope all this dieting and exercising pays off! I am still super excited about my twi'lek costumes.

3. Darthkat76

Darthkat76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    How much flak do you think I'd get if I wore a Stargate costume to CV? [face_whistling]

4. shakes116

shakes116 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    lol...as much as I got for wearing my Star Wars shirt to the Star Trek premiere this summer?
    ...or more.:p

5. princessleia911

princessleia911 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2005
    This issue is that the average attendee will have no idea who you are but some of the costumers might know(b/c we do other types of costuming for the most part).

I will have a bunch of costumes, mainly Padme ones with a few others sprinkled in but it just depends what I get finished.

6. Baco_Sapan

Baco_Sapan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2010
    This will be me and my wife's first Star Wars Celebration so we're both very excited about it and we've both decided to cosplay. We're both gonna be Jedi's, but I'm gonna be a Shistavanen and she's gonna be a Wroonian. I can't wait! Just two more months :D

7. PrincessLaDeeDa

PrincessLaDeeDa Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2010
    I will be doing a Fireside Padme and a Slave Leia. I figure the Slave Leia is probably a good bet for Orlando in August!

8. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    There were pirate costumes at CIV because there was a midnight release of Pirates of The Caribbean: At World's End at the El Capitan Theatre downtown. Yaaar!

9. PrincessLaDeeDa

PrincessLaDeeDa Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2010
    True! I got my pic in my Fireside with Captain Jack Sparrow as he circulated around the autograph hall!

10. Solo_Jaina

Solo_Jaina Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2007
    So since I DEFINITELY know I'm going now, and have had to cancel other things in order to do so, I think I've finally ironed out what I will be bringing.

Jaina Solo - LOTF Invincible cover
    Jaina solo - NJO Refugee cover
    Jaina Solo - Rebel Dress Uniform (For any RL pics or events)
    Marasiah Fel
    Juno Eclipse

....I need to get to sewing seeing as how only one of these is done! o_O

11. welcome2MosEisley

welcome2MosEisley Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2010
    an essential, but invisible part of any good slave Leia costume...

Clinical Strength Secret.

No offense, but it will be August in Orlando!

12. HannaV

HannaV Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2005
    I have exactly the same problem :(

I think I'm "solving" it by wearing the commercial Asajj Ventress costume I bought. I'd have LOVED to do a real costume (I was going for Maris Brood) but I just don't have the sewing skills or money (especially leather is expensive). Then again I'm still trying figure out if I could summon a semi-decent Mara Jade costume from old clothes.

13. Obi Anne

Obi Anne FF manager Celebrations star 8 Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I just submitted my main costume for the costume contest. I'm not sure it's going to be accepted though since it's not a traditional SW-costume, rather it's an star wars-inspired other kind of costume.

14. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Force Ghost star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Remember part of the visual appeal of Star Wars was that everything looked used and worn - Don't have a sewing machine? Get creative! I just hacked up a LOVELY leather coat (painful, but it was only a buck from the local thrift shop) that is FAR too small, but with some makeshift facincers (wire, chunks of other fabric) to make it 'fit' - After all, a pirate would just take and make do... ;)

15. GonSolo

GonSolo Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    Han from A New Hope

16. ANGRY_LEIA

ANGRY_LEIA Jedi Master star 1

May 15, 2002
    I'll be wearing my makeshift Jedi outfit...still need a better belt than I wore at CIV...need to figure out what to do with my hair too...so little time left! Oh no...panic![image=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_RaYMrOoV2sw/RmDJTiUUjlI/AAAAAAAAADk/HGSDVtaHRR4/s1600-h/DSC00161.JPG]

17. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2001
    I think I've finally decided that I will be bringing my stormtrooper, but I wanted to ask this question first:

Does anyone have any tips on flying with armor? I've never done this before and I have no clue how to go about it.

Any help would be appreciated! :)

18. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    For the Rose Parade, I know they told everyone to wrap your stuff really well (use your T-shirts and other clothes as padding), and then also, right on top, include a note to TSA with a photo of your armor laid out telling them that this is what it is, and this is where you're going with it.

19. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2001
    Thanks, Miana!

I was wondering about the whole security thing and how they would react to it. Placing a note in there will come a long way in helping things along. Now I just have to pack carefully to ensure that I can fit everything inside of my tote. :p

20. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    Do you know how hard it is too find just the right boots in the middle of summer?
    I'm just sayin'.:(

21. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    If all goes well I'll go as Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop.
    It would be the first time I'd attend a con wearing a costume.

22. jedimomtosith

jedimomtosith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2009
    I actually took my blasters, rifle, and vest w/ canisters to the airpport. I talked w/ TSA manager. I'm going as Aurra Sing both red and black version. The rifle is 6' long. They said that would be a problem but what was the kicker was the vest w/ canisters. They said they look to much like pipe bombs. TSA said they would'nt even put them on the plane. I even had a picture of Aurra to show TSA and asked them about putting the pics and note. He still said no. SO, I'm having friends drive everything down to CV for me and I'm helping w/ gas $. I would say to take things to the airport and talk to TSA before your flight. Just me talkin.

23. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    If you trust it, you may have an option to ship your stuff to your hotel ahead of time. Of course, you'd then have to get it shipped back to yourself as well. But be sure to check with your hotel as not all of them will accept packages on behalf of the guests.

24. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    That's exactly what I'm worried about and why I decided to leave my blaster at home. I just don't trust it and I don't feel like standing in line and trying to explain to TSA that it's a prop replica and it doesn't actually shoot.

I think the rest of the costume should be okay. I already decided that I'm going to bring my bucket on board as a carry-on. I just need to worry about packing the rest of it.

25. Obi Anne

Obi Anne FF manager Celebrations star 8 Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I can't fit my bucket in my bag, stupid size restrictions, so that will be carry on. I'm also leaving the blasters at home, eventhough I really love my Naboo blaster and think it adds to the costume.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.