Costumes - What'll YOU be wearing?

Discussion in 'FanForce: Star Wars Celebration Anaheim' started by -Yun-Harla-, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimomtosith Jedi Master

star 1
    I decided to also finish my Aurra Sing Bounty Hunter costume. Was having problems with the hair part but ok now. My dad finished making my riffle which looks awesome! Look for a Blue haired/Blue Jedi and that will be me as well.
  2. Twilek_Fangirl Jedi Padawan

I will be bringing two costumes for sure. First is my Aayla Secura costume. I will also be packing a generic twi'lek costume for a more laid back day. I will also be attempting a brand new costume if I can lose and tone in time....dum dum dum...I will be attempting a Slave Leia costume for CV. I sure hope all this dieting and exercising pays off! I am still super excited about my twi'lek costumes.
  3. Darthkat76 Force Ghost

star 4
    How much flak do you think I'd get if I wore a Stargate costume to CV? [face_whistling]
  4. shakes116 Jedi Knight

star 1
    lol...as much as I got for wearing my Star Wars shirt to the Star Trek premiere this summer?
    ...or more.:p
  5. princessleia911 Jedi Master

star 4
    This issue is that the average attendee will have no idea who you are but some of the costumers might know(b/c we do other types of costuming for the most part).

I will have a bunch of costumes, mainly Padme ones with a few others sprinkled in but it just depends what I get finished.
  6. Baco_Sapan Jedi Knight

star 1
    This will be me and my wife's first Star Wars Celebration so we're both very excited about it and we've both decided to cosplay. We're both gonna be Jedi's, but I'm gonna be a Shistavanen and she's gonna be a Wroonian. I can't wait! Just two more months :D
  7. PrincessLaDeeDa Jedi Padawan

I will be doing a Fireside Padme and a Slave Leia. I figure the Slave Leia is probably a good bet for Orlando in August!
  8. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    There were pirate costumes at CIV because there was a midnight release of Pirates of The Caribbean: At World's End at the El Capitan Theatre downtown. Yaaar!
  9. PrincessLaDeeDa Jedi Padawan

True! I got my pic in my Fireside with Captain Jack Sparrow as he circulated around the autograph hall!
  10. Solo_Jaina Jedi Padawan

So since I DEFINITELY know I'm going now, and have had to cancel other things in order to do so, I think I've finally ironed out what I will be bringing.

Jaina Solo - LOTF Invincible cover
    Jaina solo - NJO Refugee cover
    Jaina Solo - Rebel Dress Uniform (For any RL pics or events)
    Marasiah Fel
    Juno Eclipse

....I need to get to sewing seeing as how only one of these is done! o_O
  11. welcome2MosEisley Jedi Knight

star 1
    an essential, but invisible part of any good slave Leia costume...

Clinical Strength Secret.

No offense, but it will be August in Orlando!
  12. HannaV Jedi Padawan

I have exactly the same problem :(

I think I'm "solving" it by wearing the commercial Asajj Ventress costume I bought. I'd have LOVED to do a real costume (I was going for Maris Brood) but I just don't have the sewing skills or money (especially leather is expensive). Then again I'm still trying figure out if I could summon a semi-decent Mara Jade costume from old clothes.
  13. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    I just submitted my main costume for the costume contest. I'm not sure it's going to be accepted though since it's not a traditional SW-costume, rather it's an star wars-inspired other kind of costume.
  14. DarthBreezy Chosen One

star 6
    Remember part of the visual appeal of Star Wars was that everything looked used and worn - Don't have a sewing machine? Get creative! I just hacked up a LOVELY leather coat (painful, but it was only a buck from the local thrift shop) that is FAR too small, but with some makeshift facincers (wire, chunks of other fabric) to make it 'fit' - After all, a pirate would just take and make do... ;)
  15. GonSolo Jedi Padawan

Han from A New Hope
  16. ANGRY_LEIA Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'll be wearing my makeshift Jedi outfit...still need a better belt than I wore at CIV...need to figure out what to do with my hair too...so little time left! Oh no...panic![image=http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_RaYMrOoV2sw/RmDJTiUUjlI/AAAAAAAAADk/HGSDVtaHRR4/s1600-h/DSC00161.JPG]
  17. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    I think I've finally decided that I will be bringing my stormtrooper, but I wanted to ask this question first:

Does anyone have any tips on flying with armor? I've never done this before and I have no clue how to go about it.

Any help would be appreciated! :)
  18. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    For the Rose Parade, I know they told everyone to wrap your stuff really well (use your T-shirts and other clothes as padding), and then also, right on top, include a note to TSA with a photo of your armor laid out telling them that this is what it is, and this is where you're going with it.
  19. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Thanks, Miana!

I was wondering about the whole security thing and how they would react to it. Placing a note in there will come a long way in helping things along. Now I just have to pack carefully to ensure that I can fit everything inside of my tote. :p
  20. mrsvos Force Ghost

star 5
    Do you know how hard it is too find just the right boots in the middle of summer?
    I'm just sayin'.:(
  21. Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost

star 4
    If all goes well I'll go as Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop.
    It would be the first time I'd attend a con wearing a costume.
  22. jedimomtosith Jedi Master

star 1
    I actually took my blasters, rifle, and vest w/ canisters to the airpport. I talked w/ TSA manager. I'm going as Aurra Sing both red and black version. The rifle is 6' long. They said that would be a problem but what was the kicker was the vest w/ canisters. They said they look to much like pipe bombs. TSA said they would'nt even put them on the plane. I even had a picture of Aurra to show TSA and asked them about putting the pics and note. He still said no. SO, I'm having friends drive everything down to CV for me and I'm helping w/ gas $. I would say to take things to the airport and talk to TSA before your flight. Just me talkin.
  23. MattDoc Jedi Knight

star 3
    If you trust it, you may have an option to ship your stuff to your hotel ahead of time. Of course, you'd then have to get it shipped back to yourself as well. But be sure to check with your hotel as not all of them will accept packages on behalf of the guests.
  24. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    That's exactly what I'm worried about and why I decided to leave my blaster at home. I just don't trust it and I don't feel like standing in line and trying to explain to TSA that it's a prop replica and it doesn't actually shoot.

I think the rest of the costume should be okay. I already decided that I'm going to bring my bucket on board as a carry-on. I just need to worry about packing the rest of it.
  25. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    I can't fit my bucket in my bag, stupid size restrictions, so that will be carry on. I'm also leaving the blasters at home, eventhough I really love my Naboo blaster and think it adds to the costume.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.