Costumes - What'll YOU be wearing?

Discussion in 'FanForce: Star Wars Celebration Anaheim' started by -Yun-Harla-, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Same. My X-Wing helmet will be coming on the plane with me.
  2. Rogue501st Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    You know...it is not so much the heat as it is the humdity. ;)
  3. SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR

star 7
    Thought long & hard about this but I've put my Darth Maladi costume on the shelf; my darker half is not doing Darth Nihl either :( Very sad about this but w/ all the body makeup, shuttle services, etc. I'm not sure I would be a happy camper doing this costume.

Instead I'm thinking of making us Hawaiian shirts w/ SW fabric, kind of beachy, right. I also want to do as much as possible and meet as many people as I can. CIII we did Visas Marr & Darth Nilhus, it was cool to have some say ?hey Darth Vader, can you move over?? so they could take pictures of us :D

I had an ankle injury earlier in the year & it?s still giving me problems so I have to think about that too ? That and I had a crazy idea of getting 13 complete X-Wing costumes done during a sweatshop attempt, major FAIL, I?ve been sewing non-stop since 6/6. Almost done, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and 7 of them will be at CV.

I hope to see some amazing costumes, I haven?t been let down yet and I will just have to get my picture taken with all of them instead of the other way around.
  4. mrsvos Force Ghost

star 5
    Ok - after an hour on nextag.com...I finally found my boots. My old ones fell apart.
  5. kina Jedi Padawan

I'm wearing a Clone Wars Asajj Ventress costume and Astraal Vao if I can complete it in time but if not then I'll wear a custom twilek costume. Also thinking about wearing a Jedi costume for the Last tour to Endor event. Will also bring my sith cheerleader uniform. Wow, that sounds like a lot. I guess it's a good thing my rebel pilot isnt complete or I'd be tempted to wear that too.
  6. ANGRY_LEIA Force Ghost

star 1
    How excellent to be able to choose between costumes! :~)

I have a sewing machine, but am a mess with it...wonder if there's still time to take lessons and "fix" my Jedi costume?

Any pointers about how to construct (mold) a belt buckle for Jedi belt anyone? Would clay work, and then paint with silver?

Looking forward to CV!

Martha in Texas
  7. kina Jedi Padawan

Angry_Leia, I'm new to costuming so my costumes dont look anywhere near as good as experienced costumers. But, we all have to start somewhere, right? I used celluclay for my Ventress buckle but it is painted and doesnt have a metal look. Celluclay is pretty cheap so if you can use it for something else too then it's worth it to buy to experiment with trying to make the Jedi buckle but I'm really not sure if it will work.
  8. HannaV Jedi Padawan

Thanks for the great idea! I think I might be able to do a creative Mara costume in time for the Celebration from the leather coat and pants I got from my local thrift shop :) I walked in when everything was on sale and even leather clothes were all 5 euros...
  9. Darthkat76 Force Ghost

star 4
    Does anybody know where I can get a decent Jedi robe? I don't do the sewing thing lol.
  10. Stargirl1977 Jedi Padawan

I've seen them for sale on thinkgeek.com, If you don't have anyone who can help you sew one on the cheap (as far as costuming goes they are pretty basic to make, just plug "how to make a jedi robe" into any search engine you'll have options) otherwise the above may be a good alternative ;)
  11. Setal_Dorset Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    i will have my sith and my fancy new 41st legion clone lol
  12. MrSkinnee Force Ghost

star 3
    I think I may wear my Halloween costume this year. It rocked.
    [image=http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs022.snc3/10946_1182118872848_1224480026_30542872_3846187_n.jpg]
    Yes, I was the Six Flags guy.
  13. KissinDigital Jedi Knight

star 1
    I was about to say you'd need a little stereo to play the song for ya.... and now it's stuck in my head. [face_frustrated]
  14. Darth-Dogfish-Head Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm not going to be wearing a costume, but I did order a Massachusetts Imperial Syndicate shirt to wear to CV.
  15. chucknotsteve Jedi Knight

I just finished my Padme costume today! :D Can't wait.
  16. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    Corran Horn!

[image=http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k87/s65horsey/DSCF0410.jpg]
  17. Bri_Windstar Force Ghost

star 4
    Omg, Sey. :eek: That is equal parts awesome and hilarious. [face_laugh]
  18. SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR

star 7
    I will be wearing this with my X-Wing costume. Can't wait.

[image=http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff64/darthhair/xwing%20pilot%20stuff/SCpurple4.jpg]
  19. Mr_Mundi Force Ghost

star 4
    With your nick on the mohawk. Nice touch.:D
  20. chucknotsteve Jedi Knight

that is so cool. jealous.
  21. Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Master

star 4
    I have been doing alot of thinking about this, and it looks like I will not be bringing my Imperial Knight. With Jedi and Mando, and other plans, I'm not sure I will get enough use out of it. I'm sure I will kick myself later, but...........meh. Unless someone/people can think of a compelling argument FOR bringing it too.

Also, not sure I want to risk three pricey costumes to the airlines. My IK is pretty much irreplaceable at this time.
  22. Plagious Jedi Knight

star 1

There is no greater event to wear a Star Wars outfit to. The odds of an airline losing it for good is slim. (You may not get it for days) I try to fly direct which almost avoids this altogether.
  23. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Ugh, I know the feeling. I'm still on the fence about my TK armor. I'm just not sure about lugging it around and what to do on public transportation and so forth. It is a once in a lifetime event and it would be nice to be able to wear it, but I'm just hesitant flying with it and dealing with it once I get there.
  24. Setal_Dorset Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    well i just got it done today what yall think lol.

[image=http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad69/thatclone/complete4.jpg]

it was almost 95 today in nashville so i wore it outside for pictures and it actually wasnt too bad the underarmor stuff really helps pull the heat away
  25. MomMaster Jedi Knight

star 2
    WOULD LOVE TO SEE IT! WHAT OF?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.