main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Costumes

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by LadySith22, Mar 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadySith22

LadySith22 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Happy !

Since we've kinda taken over the Random thoughts thread I figured I'd follow Chris' advice and start a new thread incase anyone needs help with costume ideas, specifics, or just whats to throw their ideas out there.

We've got a few people who can sew in the group and quite a few experts on costume specifics so this should be helpful for all!

2. Stemmi

Stemmi Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2001
    someone wanna whip me up a jetpack? :p

3. starwarsarmboy

starwarsarmboy Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 9, 2002
    If anyone needs help, I'm here. I suck at sewing, but I'll try anything once, just don't tell my wife. :)

4. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    I haven't tried to sew, but would give it a shot. If I can help in any way, just ask and I will see what I can do.

5. DarthKarza

DarthKarza Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 24, 2003
    If I can offer any assistance, just LMK. :)

6. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
    I just posted in Random, but for now on all of my thousands of costuming questions will be placed here.

7. Stemmi

Nov 28, 2001
    Jay what color is that jumpsuit that you have? is it Empire blue or Jedi beige?

im thinkin that im gonna end up doing both versions; but Empire is gonna be my main focus right now.

8. starwarsarmboy

Nov 9, 2002
    Hey Brian, Its more of the Empire blue. My coverall's are Dickies, so its kinda greyish, closest thing I could find to the real deal. If your looking for the grey Dickies coverall's, you can't find em anywhere around here, you gotta order em from www.dickies.com. Hope that helped out some.

9. Stemmi

Nov 28, 2001
    yup! thanks jay!

10. Stemmi

Nov 28, 2001
    well i just finished my vest...i can SQueeze into it but taking it off; oi! now my back hurts and its laying in the corner in pieces. :mad: looks like in back out tomorrow buying new material and a bigger pattern!

11. LadySith22

Sep 24, 2002
    No need to buy a new pattern just add an inch or two to the existing pattern! If your confident enough of your sewing skills that is!

12. Tari_Nolatari

Tari_Nolatari Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2002
    ME and Marty(_____)hehe are going shopping today. Hope we find something-Wish us luck.(In the end the Salvation Army always prevails!)

13. Solo42986

Nov 4, 2002
    Got a shirt and pants today and material for the vest, hope someone can help me sew it tomorrow. Still no luck with the boots.

14. Tari_Nolatari

Dec 31, 2002
    I only found pants. but I did find one thing out-everyone(and I mean everyone)looks bad in white spandex pants!! now all I have to do is find everythig else!(I found a fabric for the cape but I'm not sure it's right)

15. Tari_Nolatari

Dec 31, 2002
    Stupid double post!!!

16. Tari_Nolatari

Dec 31, 2002
    Does anyone know where I can find white boots? I looked everywhere!!!

17. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    You can try to find a cheap pair of white winter boots at payless or WalMArt. You could alwayys take out the lining so you don't get hot feet.

18. Tari_Nolatari

Dec 31, 2002
    We tried walmart and DSW and they didn't have anything the problem is that everyone has spring stuff out now and you can't find any boots.

19. Zara_Rose

Zara_Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Okay, here's my wild costume idea...not all that wild, actually. For Christmas, I received a beautiful, navy blue, velvet cloak. It's lined with gold tafeta, and it has a really nice hood.

The thing is, it's a vintage cloak. I don't want to alter it in any way, shape, or form. However, I'd like to make some type of Sithly outfit to wear under it. The cloak is very form-fitting, so whatever I choose can't make it look bulky.

Any suggestions?

20. Stemmi

Nov 28, 2001
    AAARRRGGHHH! okay i think im gonna need some help with my dang flak vest; ive made 2 and both of them are junk!

21. LadySith22

Sep 24, 2002
    White boots are gonna be a pain in the butt to find now... of course there's always spray paint if you have no other alternative!

Stemmi... bring it along Wed. I'm sure someone will be able to help! :D

22. Stemmi

Nov 28, 2001
    i think ill take one more stab at it before i hand it off; that and i dont wanna take away time from sewing someones costume whos actually gonna have it ready by gameday!

23. starwarsarmboy

Nov 9, 2002
    Hey Brian, I had a tough time with the vest also, so I 86 it. So I know your pain. Check out www.proppalace.com, the sell EVERYTHING ya need for your Fett costume. From his armor, to his boots. Good site.

24. Solo42986

Nov 4, 2002
    I've started to put the bloodstripes on the pants, the tape's working great (thanks Larry!), and i think 3 coats should cover it. i'll bring them wed to show everyone.

25. Tari_Nolatari

Dec 31, 2002
    I found several white short sleeve shirts that we could sew sleeves onto but I'm not sure which one would be easiest to work with. What kind of seams would be easiest to work with?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.