main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Costumes

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by LadySith22, Mar 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedijason8080

jedijason8080 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2002
    I am buying some of the crimson empire comic books to get more ideas on how they look.

2. WinchKafor

WinchKafor Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 1, 2002
    Jason Don't buy them I have them. I have a large about of Star Wars Comics.

Edit:
    As for the vacume table I will not be making it till summer. More then likely.

3. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Hey guys, took me a bit to find this thread.

I'm not sure if anyone is still interested (Stormtrooprs, Royal Guards, etc), but Radio Shack in Canada is soon going to have those black voice amps that are sought after so badly in the Imperial costuming community.

Here is the link, it is $49.99 CDN, so a bit less for Americans. The site says "sold out", but that is just because they haven't got them in yet.

I will let you know more as I talk to the stores in the area, but I'd be willing to help grab some for whoever needs them.

4. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Thanks for the update Graeme. Grab them while you can. These amps are becoming hard to come by.

5. jedijason8080

Nov 8, 2002
    let me know i would like to get one

6. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Soon...
    [image=http://www.richiesarmor.com/images/helm1.jpg]

7. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Awesome Gil!

8. Solo42986

Solo42986 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 4, 2002
  9. jedijason8080

Nov 8, 2002
    I cant wait for the winter fabric to come out so i can make my royal guard costume. I still need the plastic for the eyes if guys know where i can get it?

10. JEDI_SMURF

JEDI_SMURF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I bought a pair of boots at The Sportsman's Guide for $50.00. I can't wait until they come in. My journey towards making a Sith Lord costume has begun. Next step, the curved lightsaber.

Pants not make one great.

11. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    If you guys need belt's or supplies for G&W - please let me know soon if I can help you out. I am already working on the Food Pellet run so if I have to plan for anything else I am going to need some time. I already know about the belt for Lisa (have to order the stuff - I need a waist size from you Lisa ;)) and some people have mentioned the Food Pellets. I got you guys covered for Covertec Clips and Covertec Knobs for sabers - just get with me if you need those supplies.

On a slight down note - I put my Jedi costume on last night and it shrank big time from last year - so I am going to have to have a new costume regardless - kind of sucks in a way :( - I am holding out hope that my Luke is going to get done but it will be tight.....

Jason - I remember seeing a run of lenses on the rpf not too long ago - if you are not a member and want me to try to dig up some info for you on prices and such - drop me a PM and I will see what I can find out.

If I can help any one else out at all - please let me know :)

Dave

12. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    I think Larry picked up the film for the lenses at Great Lakes Plastics.

13. JEDI_SMURF

Nov 20, 2002
    I'm going to Home Depot Wednesday night before I go to the 7:30 showing of "Kill Bill: Volume 2" at what used to be the Thruway Mall on Walden near Harlem to scout out materials for my curved lightsaber hilt.

14. jedijason8080

Nov 8, 2002
    found some nice red fabric at walmart for 4.95 a yard How many wards will i need.

15. JEDI_SMURF

Nov 20, 2002
    My boots came in today and they are AWESOME!!! :D [face_love] :cool: I can't wait to finish up my costume and show them off.

16. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    found some nice red fabric at walmart for 4.95 a yard How many wards will i need.

I consulted with my in-house seamstress , (just to inflate her ego), she suggested 5 yards. Does it look like the fabric that Lisa and I have?

Shawn got his boots! Awesome! Get crackin on the costume.

17. jedijason8080

Nov 8, 2002
    What kind of boots did you get shawn?

18. JEDI_SMURF

Nov 20, 2002
    They're Black Wolverine Weelington Boots. They are 10" high and look very much like Darth Maul's boots, except Maul's boots are more rounded at the end where the toes are. And my boots look very nice with my black Docker's. I'll bring them to the next meeting.

19. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    Thats a sweet lookin pair of boots. I had a couple pair of the regular Wolverine Work Boots and they were real comfortable to wear.

I switched over to Magnum boots, which I wore last year at G&W, and they are also a real comfortable pair of boots.

If they are leather boots you may want to consider a spray on waterproofer just to be safe - it won't hurt the boot at all

Dave

20. JEDI_SMURF

Nov 20, 2002
    I plan on waterproofing them tonight. Thanks for the advice.

21. jedijason8080

Nov 8, 2002
    Im sorry shawn what is the name of the boot site again.

22. JEDI_SMURF

Nov 20, 2002
    The Wolverine Wellington Boots I bought are at: Sportman's Guide

23. JediKnightLisa

JediKnightLisa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2002
    Hey everyone!
    JoAnn Fabrics is going out of business / moving clearance sale on Transit near the Eastern Hills Mall, with everything 40 -50 % off. Haven't been in the store yet and considering we have been off on vacation, I hope that the clearance sale is still on. I need to get my purple fabric for my Mara Jade cape for G&W. I should be getting my EL Park Mara saber very soon! :D I cannot wait! I traded in my other one for it.

So you think 5 yards would be good for the cape Master? Geez, you WILL be my master once again: Anakin-Obi and Mara-Emperor. Did we plan this? [face_laugh]

24. starwarsarmboy

starwarsarmboy Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 9, 2002
    WOOO HOOO, FINALLY I'm done putting my cooling fans in my bucket. WHAT A PAIN IN THE O:)!!! But its done, and let me tell ya they really work. No more foggy lens and I hope that helps out the condensation in my bucket. We'll see at the DVD release.

25. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Lisa, I used 5 yards for my Guard costume. You might be able to get away with a little less.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.