main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Costumes

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jedi_Wench, Mar 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Armor, quite fun but time consuming & if you don't have the set up it will cost to do it.
    We went to someones house that had the oven & vac table. Took no time to do, but doing the molds can be hard.

I will get Snow Trooper pictures up soon, you may have to go view them on the RMFF web site.

2. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Hello everybody!! We had a Sci-Fi Con this last weekend here in Denver. If you want to go to rmff.net in the photo gallery at the bottom we have some pictures of most of our costumes :D
    Darth Hair is Quinlan Vos & Snow Trooper, I'm Gladreil & Snow Trooper, oh, & a Sith.

Next week we will have more pictures, it just takes awhile to round them all up.

3. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    SITH CHICK: Very cool! I'll be checking out your pics presently.

BTW folks... I finished my Scotish dress last night at 3 am!!! WOO HOOO! Got the corset done and it looks fabulous. I'll take pics and post them for you. :D I'm very pleased with it.

Gonna make a coin purse for it today and it will be complete with accessories.

4. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Go Wenchy !!!!

5. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Thank you kind sir! :D I'm very excited about the corset especially. When I finished it the first time it was too large so I had to figure out a way to take it in. :D

Now the results are very...well..UPLIFTING!

[face_blush] ;)

SITH CHICK: Those pics were very cool! I enjoyed them immensly.

6. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    Corsets rule, don't they, Wenchy? [face_mischief] :D

7. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Corsets are the hottest things ever invented by crazy people. :D

My next challenge is the full civil war corset with steel boning and everything! WOO HOOO!

I [face_love] corsets!

8. FreakADroid

FreakADroid Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2003
    I am new tot his board, but not new this site. And I was wondering, where in the Phoenix area, or Arizona I can get some stormtrooper armor. I cannot make it because I do not have the materials. Anyhelp would be greatly apriceated. ANd how much would it would it cost to buy from a person?

9. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Welcome to the PFF FreakADroid. I'd recommend getting in contact with DEICIDE. He's the CO of the local 501st stormtrooper garrison and give you a better idea of what is involved.

Good luck.

10. FreakADroid

FreakADroid Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2003
    Ok thanks I will be getting in touch with him soon.

11. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    No prob. Hope to see you at one of the meetings.

12. SITH__CHICK

Mar 25, 2002
    Thank you guys very much, that costume is getting items added on to it soon. I would love to see your pictures Wenchy. I'm getting in big trouble, I can't watch a movie without thinking to myself, "wonder if I should make that outfit" or "that would be cool" & get on the internet to look for photos.
    I have gone crazy!! Is that why your crazy Wench? j/k.

13. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Still working on the blue dress!!! :_| Perfectionist me decided that I needed to go over the embroidery on the circle AGAIN. I'm halfway done - and it's worth it. :D It looks awesome!!

14. Anwelei

Anwelei Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 2001
    Can't wait to see that, Kreleia!

15. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Ok, now the whole Scottish costume is complete. I just finished the matching coin purse and the entire thing is now done!

YAYYYYY! I'm going to try to get pictures of me in it this weekend and post them so you all can see what my hard work has produced. If you want an idea of what it looks like Go Here. It is the Scottish dress in the upper left corner.

My skirts are exactly the same except that my ribbon on the black skirt is wider and bolder, and the clasps and ribbon that hold the plaid skirt up are all gold.

My corset is navy blue microseude with tan borders, black ties and gold grommets. The purse is the same black with the same white, bold ribbon on it that the black skirt is made of.

I'm very happy with it.

16. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Here are links to the other costume patterns I am planning on making in the future...

Civil War Corset, Chemise, & Petticoat

Butterick costume patterns 3071, 3713, 6196, 3011, & 3640. You can see them on this website: Butterick

McCall costume patterns 3663, 4041, 4028, & 3282. You can see these at the McCall Website

I have all the patterns...I got them at a killer pattern sale a couple weeks ago, I just need to find the time, money and fabric to make them all!

[face_laugh]

SITH CHICK: I'm beginning to think sewing madness may have something to do with my insantiy....

17. DarthFeldman

DarthFeldman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    HELP!
    is anyone going to the Tandy leather store before the next meeting?
    i need that 2" plain belt buckle for my costume, and I live on the other side of town.. just wondering if anyone would pick it up for me and i can pay you at the meeting.. Its like 3 bucks i think..
    anyone?

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.