main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Costumes

Discussion in 'Archive: King of Prussia, PA' started by TK7618, Aug 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK7618

TK7618 Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2003
    Hey all! Just thought I'd pass on to you costumers, Proppalace.com and Exedge.net, do some nice work at reasonable prices.

2. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    Jerry - Be careful posting URL's of prop and costume makers. LucasFilm does go after them with Cease and Desist letters. Please keep URL's and propmaker names on the private board or in PM and private emails only.

Thanks! :)

3. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Another note about prop-palace is that I've heard a whole lot more bad things regarding them and than good. So be wary. I'd ask around before making a purchase.

4. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    Prop Palace.. That's the guy that fled the country and moved to the Phillipines cause the Feds were after him.. here's some info on him.

click here

5. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Thanks for the additional information Rick. I knew he had fled the country but didn't have additional information like that you've posted.

:)

6. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    Not a problem, always glad to help.

7. TK7618

TK7618 Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2003
    Sorry Folks,

Thanks for the info Rick, but I dealt with a woman for some stuff I bought and it didn't come from overseas.

I'll be keeping my thoughts to myself. Hey Rick, maybe I'll see you at one of the upcoming Garrison Events?

You guys have a great weekend.

Jerry

8. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    I'll be at the BBQ if you're going. And yeah I'll be attending upcoming Garrison events as well.

There's no reason to keep you thoughts to yourself, I just know about this guy cause he's from near my home town and it was all over the papers... As far as who you delt with and it being from the US.. I don't know.

We can always use good costuming resourses :D

9. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    Info on this guy's gone through the 501st boards too. Supposedly he has a number of "contacts" in the US who do his shipping for him. It's a shame there's so much doubt about him because he has a lot of stuff on his site that's otherwise near impossible to get.

-Jack

10. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    There's always new 'providers' popping up. Fortunately, since a few of us go to a lot of cons, we make new connections all the time. If there's ever anything specific you are looking for, please feel free to PM or email me privately and I probably will be able to point you in the right direction or I'll know someone you can ask. Not to mention my 501 connections are really tight with several garrisons on the East Coast and they always know people. :)

Jenni

11. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    For those who are daring or talented enough, you could always make your own armor out fo flat PVC sheeting. That is how I plan to make my Mandalorian armor. :D

12. Khemist_Karla

Khemist_Karla Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2002
    Hey Guys!

I was reading through the Costumes and Props thread looking for easy ideas for a beginner. Between that and looking at patterns at the good old local Wal-Mart, I think I've come up with something easy (well, it looks easy :) ). I'm looking at doing either a female sith or a generic Jedi to start off. I just wanted to see if I could get a few suggestions on material type on what would be good for either a 'Sith-type' robe or the Jedi robe and tunic.

I saw a nice velvet-ty material, but it looked really, really thin. Any suggestions?

Karla

13. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Karla that really depends on what you want. Do you prefer to be a jedi or a sith?

I know many girls who have done sith costumes in velvet, but you would best stick to wool for a jedi robe.

Just my 2 cents.

BTW, go to JoAnn's for your patterns, they have sales were you can buy patterns for only $1.

14. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Karla,
    Most of the Jedi costumes used in the movies were made of Indian homespun cottons and wools called Kadi. We can help you find fabrics you like that have that organic look and will work well for your first costume.

Maybe we should plan a Fabric Row shopping outing for September? :)

jenni

15. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    I'm all for a Fabric Row shopping trip too!

16. Khemist_Karla

Jun 22, 2002
    I'd be there!

Now to complete both outfits, I guess I've got to start the search for a good lightsaber. (All I have is a $5 Hasbro one. :) )

Thanks Guys!
    Karla

17. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Karla, you can make a greatt lightsaber prop for under $30. If interested I'll post a link to a site that will tell you how.

18. Khemist_Karla

Jun 22, 2002
    Under $30? That's great, fits right into my budget :) I was reading on the Costume and Props board that people paid well over $100 for the ones that they got. I was thinking that I'd have to start saving up for one!

Thanks in advance for the link!
    Karla

19. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Hardware stores like Home Depot and a good dremel can help you make a really decent custom lightsaber for less than you think! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.