Spok, WA Costumes

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JarusSarn, Nov 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    Costumes!!! Kelli, your day has come!!! ahem... let's talk costumes and props. I've been thinking about my own costume lately, and I just tonight found a great costuming site that offers leather (I think) tall "english riding" boots, for really cheap, $30.00. They've got both brown and black, with a variety of sizes. If anyone else was thinking they'd need this style of boot for their costume, or anything else from the site, maybe we could put together a bulk order. Just an idea... They also have a pretty good selection of Wigs, and Masks.

Feel free to post costume links, sketches, pictures, ideas, and discussions here.
  2. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, I was wrong, they're not leather, they're imitation leather, but for that price, I know that I'm willing to settle :)
  3. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll put this question to Alfredo, since he's our resident leather-work expert, how interested would you be in fashioning a replica Han Solo, or perhaps a Han Solo-esqe gun belt? And if you were up to the task, how much, as an estimate, would it cost?

I've been scouring the web for a long time now, and have only found two places so far that offer replica gun belts MP Productions and Star Fortress Productions Both look of good quality, MP Productions is charging $300 for their variety, and Star Fortress is charging $130... The only problem is that I've not heard much positive feedback about Star Fortress... I'll look into it though.
  4. Eledaia Jedi Knight

star 3
    Those look great! Even if they are imitation...

Oh, hey, you and I need to go to the leather store. I was there the other day and they have some nice medium grey hides for your jacket. I didn't check the price...
  5. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    Aha!!! Cool, we should do that, which reminds me, now that I'm on my lunch break, I'll get some refrence links posted for the jacket ^_^

Ok, here's really the only one I could find it's from Parts of Star Wars This is pretty good, but I'll look for more. I'm gonna bring some pictures of my jacket from Galaxies on Friday... that'll help a bit I think.
  6. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    Thought I'd also post a link to Blast-Tech. This is probably where I'll be purchasing my DL-44 for my costume, it's a really nice website.
  7. Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Master

star 4
    You are so board.
    I went to TK fashions and tinkered around. I haven't made a decision but I've got a few ideas.
    Note to Kelli-
    one of my former coworkers sews as well so don't feel pressured to do all the work (believe me, we'll be demanding at times). Let me know and as long as it's not too complicated, she was more than willing to lend a hand.
  8. Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Master

star 4
    We really should figure out what kind of fan film we're going to do, as well.
    I know, John, you are all gung-ho for the Rouge's Gallery one but other ideas should be considered.
  9. Eledaia Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ah, well, I'm not planning on doing all the work. Remember, we were going to do TURTORIALS! I plan on making you guys proficient on a sewing machine. Your future wives will think you are awesome...
  10. Raph1613 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm already pretty good on a sewing machine. And I'm even a pretty good cook AND I know how to shut up and listen. Future wife?!? I should be so lucky.....

JarusSarn:

I'm more than capable of creating anything that I can clearly concieve of in my mind. And, if you take into account my armor, sometimes I can even create things that I can't clearly concieve of. I'd be more than willing to try to make a Han Solo gunbelt. The cost would depend on the price of the heavy leather that would be required. And then there's all the metal hardware that goes with it that I neither know how to acquire or fabricate.

EDIT: By the way, Kelli, are you aware that neither of your phone numbers work?

11. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    Well Alfredo, let's see what we can do :D I'm sorry to have ever taken your skills into question :p

The gun belt/holster doesn't have to be a perfect replica of Han's in fact, I'd almost rather it not be, but rather similar to Han's, structurally. I'd like it to be very much a part of my character, something that's definitly recognizable as "Star Wars" but tailored to Jarus Sarn.

We have a lot to talk about at the meeting ;) and I guess this means you'll be coming to the leather store with Kelli and I :D
  12. Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Master

star 4
    Proficient? I appreciate the offer but I think I want to spare you the hair pulling. I?m more of a computer tinkerer myself.
  13. Raph1613 Force Ghost

star 4
    JarusSarn:

The trip to the leather store sounds good. Just let me know when. Odds are good that I won't have anything better to do.

As for the style of gunbelt, let your imagination roam free. Do a few schetches and we'll see what we can come up with.

By the way, how much are you going to be paying for your blaster? I'm curious since I just agreed to build one for some one. The price is already set, with the exception of the scope and S&H. I just want to know if I just hosed myself.
  14. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    Let's see, I think the one at Blast-Tech is somewhere around... $150-160 and I think he quoted me in an email $25 extra for a painted-on silver finish...
  15. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, Kelli, before I head to work tomorrow, I'm going to try and hit up Goodwill and see if I can snag some decently snug fitting brown dress pants; if I can find a good pair, I'll bring them to the meeting ;)
  16. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    Here's a link to Buy Costumes.com They seem to have a decent selection of Don Post (and other manufacturers) Masks, Helmets, and Gloves at reasonable prices.
  17. Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Master

star 4
    Still taking a look around but so far all the red contacts I've found have black in the center.
  18. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't Chiss eyes have black pupils? hmm... let's find some refrence pictures...
  19. Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Master

star 4
    I thought they had all red eyes.
    I'll drop Stan a line and ask him.
    Pictures are good too.
  20. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, Kelli and Alfredo, heres' the deal, I think I've got about $100 from this last paycheck to devote to the the costume, and since I don't have my blaster yet, we should probably start on the jacket. Depending on how much the jacket costs, I may have some money left over to buy the belt buckles, the main belt material and the pouch material, but we'll see. Shall we plan on returning to the leather factory this weekend? Let me know.
  21. Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Master

star 4
    I did a little research and Thrawn is described as having "glowing red eyes." I'm still having trouble finding all red contacts. We may have to use red with black and then digitially create the glow.
    On the plus side, most of the pictures I found showed Thrawn lacking the gold epaulets so a white officer's uniform with the right rank and code cylinders will suffice. Unless we really, really want the gold on the outfit.
  22. JarusSarn Jedi Master

star 4
    I suppose we could do Thrawn's eyes digitally, I'd certainly be a neat effect, and if I can get my hands on Adobe AfterEffects I'd also be relitively easy.
  23. Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Master

star 4
    Should we ask Kasey regarding a Grand Admiral's uniform or should we attempt to make our own?
    If we make our own we'll need...
    1. Officer's jacket with the right rank and such
    2. White pants- I have pair but it would depend on the actor
    3. Black boots- again depending on the actor we may already have them
    Plus blue make up and someone may have to dye their hair black.
  24. Raph1613 Force Ghost

star 4
    Blue make-up. White uniform. Sounds tricky. Anyone know of a good way to stabilize the make-up so that it won't... spread?
  25. Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Master

star 4
    Yep,
    keep your head perfectly still.
    :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.