main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA Costumes

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JarusSarn, Nov 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JarusSarn

JarusSarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2004
    Ok I went to Monogram Plus in Cd'A yesterday, the lady I spoke with said that 3x1cm stripes spaced about 1.5-1cm apart down a 30 inch pantleg would be roughly $8 for every 5 inches... I did some math, and that comes to $96. That's $96 if I get the whole pant leg done... I may have whoever does it leave off 10 inches or so at the bottom of each leg, to accomodate the boots better. So, leaving off 20 inches, would make the price more like $64; and that seems reasonable to me... Any ideas? I still have a few more places to get quotes from too.

2. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    Ribbon?

3. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    My buddy Ren is willing to be an extra body in our movie. He's got the perfect look for an Imperial officer. Like I said, he can fit into anything that I can wear, only better.....
    We just need to make sure that whatever scene he's in does not show his feet. Call me quirky, but I don't like sharing footwear.

4. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Ok, Kelli, this is mainly for you, I was bored at work today and got to browsing, and I discovered a pic of luke's yellow jacket that I'd never been aware of before, it's an awesome reference pic. Hope this helps.

5. Eledaia

May 28, 2004
    Thanks! That helps alot!

6. mightyd4

mightyd4 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 24, 2004
    Kelli,

How much would you estimate for a Tusken Raider outfit excluding the mask and gaffi stick?

(not for me, 6'0" heavy set)

7. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Ok, first; Kelli, any chance we'll be able to get together soon and work on my jacket/the website? Let me know.

Second; Alfredo, do you know when you'll be in town next for a lengthy amount of time? I'd like to get started on my gunbelt soon. Thanks.

8. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    John, I truly wish that I knew what was going on with my schedule. A majority of my life is on hold right now. That means no money, etc. It sucks.

But I am in town all this week. And I don't have a thing to do for most of that time. Give me a call. I'll PM you my number after I'm done with this Post.

9. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Ok, thanks Alfredo, I might have some free time after work a few days this week, I'll give you a call tomorrow sometime, probably on my lunchbreak. Does anyone remember when the leather factory closes? I seem to remember it closing at 5pm sharp, Kelli... :D If I skip lunch one day at work I could get off at 4... don't know if that'd give me enough time, but I could try.

10. Eledaia

May 28, 2004
    What?!?

I'm in Dayton until Wednesday. I brought your leather with me and cut out the pieces...but I'm not doin' any sewing until you have your ticket :p

11. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    And I'm not buying my ticket until we know what's going on with Casey... soooo... just make my poor jacket already :( plllllleeeaaaasseeee.... if you've got the time, there's no reason not to start putting it together, unless you're waiting to fit it on me... in that case, I can accept the delay.

12. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    So, I did a spec ad today at work for another embroidery place in Hayden that I didn't know about, I'll be hitting it up in the next few days to get a quote for my bloodstripes... if anyone cares :p

13. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Woohoo!!! I bought my boots last night, right after I bought my C3 ticket! I'm expecting them and my C3 tickets in the mail in probably a week or two...

14. Daramin_of_The_Way

Daramin_of_The_Way Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2004
    W00t! :D
    Kelli will be so happy!

15. The_Cheeser

The_Cheeser Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    are those the ones from eastcoastcostumes?

16. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Yes, they're an awesome company to deal with, they've been awesome with their communication. I highly recomend Eastern Coast Costumes.

17. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Ok, so I went to Embroidered Corporate Image (ECI) today at lunch, and I met with the owner, he's a nice guy, and he's pretty confident he can do my bloodstripes for me with 99% accuracy for about $125, the upside to his quote, is that he could accomplish this in a week and give me exactly what I want, also, he's more than willing to do it. the downside to his quote is that the pants would most likely have to be split at the inseam, for easy access; which I figure isn't to big of a deal... So, Kelli, what do you think? Are you willing to remove the inseam, then sew it back together?

18. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Woohoo!!! My dad just gave me a call, UPS just dropped off my boots! w00t! I'll probably go check them out at lunch... great, now the day's gonna drag on... *sigh* ...oh well. :D

19. Dark_Vilas

Dark_Vilas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2005
    About Erich's makeup: Try this link. Tiaga went to the Galaxies fanfest last year with full-body makeup & had surprisingly few problems after he found the right stuff.

It may be a bit more involved than you want to go....

20. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    Tiaga did an excellent job. While in-depth, it should help us making our own lekku.
    Thanks for the heads up. I guess galaxies is good for something after all :D

21. Dark_Vilas

Dark_Vilas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2005
    I was amazed that he could sleep on white sheets in green body makeup and not have it come off in the night--that's some amazing makeup.

22. Daramin_of_The_Way

Oct 30, 2004
    No kidding!
    When the group decided to have Thrawn in a Fan Film, one concern was a white uniform and blue make-up. You, of course, are familar with that.

23. Eledaia

May 28, 2004
    Oo, I will need some green makeup for Amy's Oola makeup. What kind did they use? I have an airbrush too...

24. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    Woohoo!!! Kelli got my shirt done!!! And it looks amazing!!! and spectacular!!! NO! it's... amaztacular!!!

All kidding aside though, it's an awesome shirt, and I can't wait to wear it to the next meeting :D

25. JarusSarn

Feb 10, 2004
    It occurs to me that perhaps we should all start bringing costumes, or parts of unfinished costumes to meetings... for fun, and to see what people are working on... hmm... questions, comments, rude remarks?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.