main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Costumes

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by crashdown, Mar 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    Pfft...FIVE months, Bill. [face_talk_hand]

-Kyle

2. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    Hey five months of scheming..... now you are on Imperial notice! ;-)

3. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    Bill, how much further have you gotten on fixing up that helmet?

Hey Don, if I haven't mentioned this, I doubt I'll have my clone helmet by the the BBQ. :mad:

-Kyle

4. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    My DL-44 kit is here! Assembling it this weekend! Ready to show for the Aug meeting. Now I just need to find some more spare change for the boots. Solo costume is coming along, bear with me.

5. brigandarklung

brigandarklung Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 9, 2005
    It's beginning....

[image=http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j138/brigandarklung/IMG0004.jpg]

6. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    Man, Don.... That looks tight. My helmet should be here in a couple of days.

In the meantime, Dark Side Troopers had an mini-armor party at my house on Saturday. I was working on a Galactic Marine helmet. I've got to sand and prime it now (and sand and prime and sand and prime).

-Kyle

7. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    I want a costume.[face_batting]

8. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Well you know I am the MEMBERSHIP LIASON OFFICER for DST..... if you want to troop with us, you should email me.... We'll talk about costume ideas and such!

9. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    For all you folks with the Jedi robes, how long did it take to make yours and how much did you spend?

10. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004

I haven't touched it. I've been busy trying (seemingly in vain) to finish up the TIE PILOT. There is always some sort of modification that needs to be done. Can't I just get it complete, already???

11. _Vengeance_

_Vengeance_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Depends on what kind of quality you want. After I made my first one I could churn them out in a little less than an hour for friends with $30-50 worth of fabric, but they weren't "perfect." Like the seams may be a little crumpled or wouldn't line up, or something would look crooked, things you'd only notice if you took some time to look over the person while they were standing still.

If you want a really nice looking one, look at probably $60 for nice fabric, $15 for the simplicity pattern if you don't have it already, and maybe two hours of work with prep time.

12. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    If you go with a good quality wool it will be more than $60. I haven't made my robe yet, but it looks fairly simple, other than opening up my wallet for the fabric[face_money_eyes]

13. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    I think we spent about $70 on the material for our robes (two of them), then after I had the patterns cut out, I paid a seamstress friend of ours to put it all together (I'm no good at the art of sewing).

For the fabric, go to Fabric Depot and find something you like. Look at the price per yard and wait till they have a big sale (they have a LOT of them at FD). I don't know if there's on in Beaverton, but there may be an equivalent. FYI - Wool in general is quite expensive and heavy and HOT. I've retired my robe until it gets a lot cooler.

-Kyle

14. FenixRu

FenixRu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2003
    Well thanks to the FF meeting last weekend my mind has been churning ideas.

I have always wanted to do a rebel commando outfit, of all the the ones I want to do it seems the easiest to achieve. You will NEVER see me in Jedi robes, nothing against jedi, I get the feeling that there are a good number of them out there.

I have also thought about the Emperor's/Imperial Guard, those guys just look sweet, perhaps I could one further and replicate the "armor" from the Crimson Empire comics. For now though....the rebel commando is my first choice. One of the few snags on that one is thier rifle I have been looking round for a good guide for them, but coming up blank. If anybody can get me pointed in the right direction that would be helpful.

15. FenixRu

FenixRu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2003
    No sooner did I post this than I was lead (thanks to the Dark Side Troopers Forums) to a great guide on how to make a Rebel commando uni!

16. MasterKeyan

MasterKeyan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2006
    It's my understanding that the platform for the Rebel Commando Rifle is an actual Colt M4 rifle! With some mods and such on it... http://www.partsofsw.com This link shows some of the oddities, if I remember correctly...I will do some more research and see what I can come up with for ya! Laterz!

17. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    There is some conjecture there. I was always of the opinion that they used the AR-15, or other variant thereof as the base, along with the other accoutrements. But in other research I had been told that they used the same base rifle for the Blastech A280 (Rebel Commando rifle) as was used for the DLT-20a (an Imperial sniper rifle - IG88 held one in the scene where all the bounty hunters were gathered aboard Vader's Star Destroyer). The base for the DLT-20a was the German STG44, an assault rifle (one of the predecessors to the modern automatic rifle)from WWII.

*Note the differences on the site when looking up the Rebel Endor rifle and looking up the Rebel Hoth rifle. Both were supposedly the Blastech A280, but it would appear that the prop builders for ROTJ didn't pay attention to what was used on the previous set, or those props were disposed of and new props had to be made.
    Like I said, in all the background stuff (that I have read in past years and can't, for the life of me, recall where I read it from), both rifles are referred to as the Blastech A280, but they are clearly not the same weapon. I do remember reading something, somewhere once, that the Rebels thought they had A280's at Hoth ( or I could have that backwards), when in fact they had A295's, lesser powerful versions to the A280. No doubt this was made up to cover for the discrepancy in the weapon design of the two rifles.

But it seems to me that nobody would even think twice if someone used an AR-15 as the base for the A280 (or A295). And I happen to know someone who has one, should anyone want to make a mold off of it... *ahem*. [face_thinking]

18. MasterKeyan

MasterKeyan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2006
    Just out of curiosity, is anyone in possession of a decent blaster pistol prop that is considering parting with it? Kinda looking for Luke's ESB blaster...here's hoping...

Keyan

19. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I think the only one of us who has something even remotely close to it is JawaFett with his Han Solo DL-44.
    Of course I am sure that the Kenner Han Solo blasters are easy enough to find on ebay....

- this said from DST's "ebay king"....

- the other Bill

20. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Han Solo is almost complete. Bloodstripes on pants, DL-44 is perfect, Droid caller all together, boots haven't arrived yet (hoping soon this week), Holster is almost done. I'll be ready for photos soon and hope to be accepted into the Rebel Legion.

21. grumpydevil

Oct 1, 2005
    I'll be crossing my fingers for you, Eric!

-Kyle

22. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I'm beginning to lose hope that I will have an "approved" costume and become an actual member of one of the recognized groups to troop OSMI in time....

23. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    My Boots are here =D= , and fit great. Black boots and Bloodstripes, Solo is looking pretty sharp. [face_dancing]

24. Quick2

Quick2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 2006
    I am 3 weeks out for the jedi costume.. being stitched together. here is a link. http://cgi.ebay.com/COMPLETE-STAR-WARS-COSTUME-TUNIC-ROBE-PANTS_W0QQitemZ6578737712QQihZ012QQcategoryZ99970QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem . I hope this is acceptable for Rebel Legion. I just got boots today Dark Brown. My wife has the Classic Leia turtleneck costume. getting a more realistic belt for her...Though the Rubies Vinyl belt looks alright... but it is just temperary. she also has a Professional grade wig (Buns). Not a cheap Rubies Wig. I will hope to get pics soon.
    The jedi belt will probably come from Pan in the Box (singapore).. they are very well constucted. Any comments? Peace, Quick2

25. XecoFreemoon

XecoFreemoon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2004
    Quick2,

Hey there. I saw your post on the RL Kashyyyk base site. THat costume looks just fine on the eBay site. I'm sure it's Rebel Legion quality unless ther's somehting bizzare I can't see. Let me know if you need any tips or whatnot. I do all my own costuming and have messed up enough to learn lots. P.S.- Email is the best way to reach me as there are too many boards to keep track of every day.

-Xeco

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.