main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Costumes

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jedi_onasi, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    So are there any costumes that any one is working on?

It could be Star Wars related or for Halloween.

I plan on being an Indian. I mean, "Native American" for Halloween. :D

And I really need to do the leg armor/braces on my Battle Arena Padme. I'm lazy.

My big goal is the handmaiden outfit Padme wears near the end of Episode I. The maroon-ish one.

2. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I WANT ARMOR!!!!

Someday!

Oh yea, if anybody is interested, I'm selling my armored Jedi.

Sonya, what are your Halloween costume plans?

3. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    I'd like Biker Scout armor or Mando armor.

4. delta_1138

delta_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2006
    I'm still looking for a top hat for my Mad Hatter costume. There aren't too many out there (cheap ones, at least.) So far I have an awesome coat with tails, a bow-tie, a vest, and a shirt. I'm also looking for some plaid pants.

5. DarthMalum

DarthMalum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2006
    I want to do a Duke Costume so Nikol will be Barreness

6. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    I'm probably going to make my nephew's costume again this year, if my sister doesn't want to. We've talked about making him a hobbit (curly hair and perfect height!), but lately he's been on a firefighter kick so he may end up being that instead. Probably depends on whether or not he makes up his mind/how much time is left.

I'm getting tired of my Jedi costume, but there's not enough time/money to do anything about it for Halloween; except, possibly, new tunic/tabards/obi and robe. I may have a totally new costume by the Christmas Parade-but only if I can get an RL-approved one, of course. It'd be nice to be someone everyone actually recognizes this time. [face_blush]

7. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    Do you sew? Could you make one? What about getting one from online?
    Suuuuuuuuuure. I better hit the treadmill then. Oi!
    That'd be good to have a tunic, tabard and obi that you could mix and match.
    Face characters are overrated. ha ha Just kidding. What are you thinking of doing?

8. delta_1138

Aug 17, 2006
    My girlfriend can sew, but I was unaware that you could make a good top hat yourself.

9. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    Define "good top hat" :D

10. Jedi_Knight_JT

Jedi_Knight_JT Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2006
    I'd love to do a costume, but I have no funds, no sewing capability, & no talent for that sort of thing.

Mando Armor & Jedi sound like they'd be fun, but since I'd have no way to get the materials (or any idea what materials I'd need so I could make the costume for that matter), & no clue what I was doing even if I could get what I'd need... I'm afraid I'm not gonna have a costume.

:_|

11. DarthMalum

DarthMalum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2006
    so it would seem i have lost the war and will be at Comic Com 2010 as Carth Onasi to Nikol's Bastila, but it is well worth the price to have Nikole be Barroness to my Duke.

12. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
  13. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Yeah. I THINK I've got enough fabric to make new tunic, obi, and tabards...I'd like new obi and tabards if nothing else because the ones I have now make me boil unless it's freezing outside.

I've been wanting for a couple years now to do an Endor Leia. That costume doesn't look terribly difficult/expensive, but I'm sure I won't have enough time to do the whole shebang; namely poncho, blaster, and helmet. Thankfully my computer-geek bro has already contributed some greeblies for compad/rank insignia. Now I just need to find some patterns and then the right cloths.

14. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    Carrie: Tons of people from Sunrider have done the Endor trooper. I'm sure you could get some help from them. :D

15. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    I'm doing a Medusa for Halloween. Nothing too fancy, I found directions online how to make a Greek chiton (a dress) which is basically one big piece of fabric pinned together at the shoulders, wrapped around the side and tied. I'm going to make snake pins out of gold Sculpey with green rhinestones for the eyes. The color scheme is going to be smokey gray, gold and green.

16. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Here ya go. A picture from Comic-con '06.

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/jedifan/Comic-Con%202006/Medusastatue.jpg]

17. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    Thaaat is crazy. Ew!

18. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    Sandy, can you show Chrissy these links? These will help her in getting her slave Leia costume together. There's not much sewing to that costume, the metal parts for the bikini is the biggest challenge. Anyway, show her these. I can still help with the sewing part, but I'm not up to sculpting.

Leia's Metal Bikini
    Slave Bikini Builder's Group (you need to sign up with Yahoo, but it's free)
    Jedi Council Forum's Costuming and Props

19. delta_1138

Aug 17, 2006
    As I write this I am dressed as the Mad Hatter and about to leave for the party. I have succeeded in looking ridiculous. I'll put up pictures tomorrow or Monday.

20. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Looking forward to seeing them!!

21. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    I went to storage today and I found the Katara costume I started a few years ago and I had misplaced it and never finished it. Yay!!!

KRIS!!! PICTURES!!!!!

22. Jendi

Jendi Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 24, 2008
    I am still dreaming of doing my Jango Fett costume but in the meantime, I wanted to do Harley Quinn this Halloween but I didn't hit the gym hard enough and the reviews are that the costume is a little snug and needs some alterations. And I can't even sew a button. I will eventually get a Rebel Legion costume but I need to re-focus on which one I want to do. I'm thinking Hoth Leia or Aayla after I hit the gym (and weight watcher, again).

23. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    Here's my finished Medusa dress:

[image=http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/sohall/P1020534.jpg]

And a closeup of the vintage pin I picked up on eBay. I originally made one, but I wanted a high-shine look, and you can't really get that with Sculpey. Next (when I have some money again :p) I'm going to make the headpiece.

[image=http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/sohall/P1020535.jpg]

24. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    Looks good. Can't wait to see what it looks like when it's all put together.
    I've been meaning to ask you: what kind of dress form do you use?

25. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    Thanks. The dressform is a Dritz My Double. I got it at Joann's using a 50% off coupon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.