Costuming Alternative

Discussion in 'Arkansas' started by ChaseKeJac, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChaseKeJac Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi everyone,
    As I read thru the post + threads over the past day or so I noticed a reoccuring theme about problems with the 501st Star Battalion.
    What happended? Why did it happen? How could it be fixed? WHat could have been done to prevent it?

I would just like to have any and everyones ideas as I am a part of nother group and don't want the mistakes tht they made to be repeated by us.
    Don't get me wrong, I admire what the 501st has done as a group, I just would like to learn from the mistakes of others.

Thanks for your time,
    Chase Ke Jac
  2. Lavenderrose73 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm not quite sure myself. I just know there was some kind of grumbling about them. I'm thinking about joining the Rebel Legion once I have a costume made, so I wouldn't mind knowing what not to do as well.

Lavenderrose73
  3. VADER312 Jedi Knight

star 1
    WHAT HAPPENED, DID THE STAR GARRISON IMPLODE? THE 501ST IS A GREAT EXAMPLE OF AN ORGANIZATION THAT TAKES IT ALL SO SERIOUS, I BELIEVE THEY FORGET IT'S ALL ABOUT FUN. I HOPE THE ORGANIZATION SURIVIES, BUT FROM WHAT I'VE HEARD THE FOLKS AT THE TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN ARE GOING TO HAVE TO STOP AND REMOVE THE BUTT PLUG FIRST!

-VADER312
  4. Lavenderrose73 Jedi Knight

star 3
    I don't know; I'm just relating that I'd heard stuff, but then I've misunderstood things in the past. I just want to know what lines not to cross. I personally am not putting anyone down. This crew is like family to me, so I naturally want to assume the best in all situations. Hope I haven't offended anyone.

Lavenderrose @};-
  5. ChaseKeJac Jedi Knight

star 1
    One of the founding members of our group, VaderPainter, was in the 501st and was and still is very well known. He had his problems with the top brass of the 501st and left (read his horror story at vaderpainter.com). Himself and another started the organization I'm in.
    I hate to say this, but many of our members have the same view as you've stated. You do have to have rules, but I hear alot about them taking themselves too seriously.
    You guys might want to check us out. We're a quality group instead of a canon group.
    If you have any questions, message me here or at http://www.grandarmy.org
    Nyborg has become a member as of yesterday. We just require that you're working on a costume as we are as much as resource for each other as a costuming club.
    I hate to sound like I'm trying to recruit people, but I was in the same place most of you guys were a few months ago. I just hate to see true fans not have a way or group to express theirselves with.

Chase Ke Jac
  6. VADER312 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I WEAR THE ARMOR OF DARTH VADER, IT'S A MODIFIED RUBIES SUIT AND IT LOOKS GREAT TO ME. AS A MATTER OF FACT IT LOOKS AND IS MORE ACCURATE THAN ABOUT HALF OF THE 501ST VADER SUITS WHO ARE MEMBERS (SORRY I HATE THE DON POST MASK) I KNOW VADER PAINTERS STORY AND TO ME HE'S GOT SOME GOOD POINTS (THOUGH HE DOES COME OFF SOUNDING A BIT FULL OF HIMSELF)..LOL
  7. ChaseKeJac Jedi Knight

star 1
    LOL, Until you get to know Robert (VaderPainter) he can seem like that. He's actually quite humble once you get to know him, but I think David Prowse telling you that you've got the best Vader he's seen doesn't shrink your ego. :)
  8. Lavenderrose73 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yes, I started to read that page on VaderPainter (didn't realize how long it was; only read a short portion of it). I hope Rebel Legion isn't like that. That's where I would belong. However, his talking about the volunteering kinda got me interested in possibly volunterring at C IV. That sounds like a lot of fun, especially in costume. :) I wonder if I would be able to volunteer and be in the Costume Pageant and Cabaret. I guess it would just be a matter of having some time off so I could do that. The Pageant and the Cabaret are an absolute must! I'll not volunteer if I would have to give up the other. I already have the song written out that I would sing. I had it written within a week of returning to Little Rock from Celebration III (I wasn't even trying; just ideas started coming and I had to write them down, and before I knew it, I had another song completed).

Lavenderrose @};-
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.