main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Costuming and Fire

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jedi-Nitess, Apr 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Nitess

Jedi-Nitess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2002
    Buenos dias. :D

On Saturday April 26th we are planning on having a costuming workshop at Dave's house and following that a bonfire (no lighting jawa's on fire).

What exactly we'll be doing at the workshop is still being decided. Possibly a couple of simple demonstrations (ex: jedi belt, food capsuls, using sintra, etc) essentially whatever you guys would like to work on. Any ideas at all or interests please post and we'll try and help you out as best we can.

If you'd like to start a costume and know what you wanna do, maybe start by deciding on what piece you'd like to do first then the group could help you gather reference pics and you can get a starting point (we could exchange pictures and ideas then as well). That way you shouldn't be completely overwhelmed and with a lot of us brainstorming ideas to help we should be able to come up with some ways to make it more cost effective but still look good. Many of us don't have a lot of money to invest in this so we'll try and come up with ways to help you out.

The time we're looking at to start is around 4pm that afternoon with the bonfire to follow around 7pm. We are planning on having our regular meeting the Sunday after this (May 4th), just so you know. This get together will be for costuming and props because our time and space is somewhat limited on Sunday's at SpOt.

Please post any ideas and if you'll be joining us.

Thanks!

2. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    Well - I have an idea (can you smell the smoke?)

If everyone wants we can all chip in and do a dinner on the grill since the meeting is at 4 - or we can all chip in and order a pizza or whatever - just let us know.

I am going to request the same thing as Christmas - please bring your own beverages for the meeting and bonfire. We (Nik and I) have Hershey Bars (in the freezer), Marshmallos, and will get graham crackers for s'mores.

You guys may want to bring your favorite outdoor chair as well - this way you will be nice and comfy.

Nik just reminded me - if any of you have friends, signifigant others, or family members you would like to bring - just let us know. While they may not find the costuming piece of the day interesting they may find the bonfire to be fun. The invite is open.

If any one needs directions feel free to email, IM, or PM me and I will make sure you get here without a problem. We live in Webster/Penfield for those of you that need to find a ride. If you do need a ride and are having trouble please let me know, I will try to help you find a ride :cool:

3. Mara-Jade-Skywalker

Mara-Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 21, 2000
    Alison and I probably can't make it because of a Track meet. If we don't go to the meet, then I probably still won't be able to go because a couple of my friends already planned their birthday party for that night... Kait's supposed to go to that party, too. :p

4. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    YAY@!!! Bonfire!!! :-D I just want to let you know Dave that you have made my day. And that's hard to do with today, because it was a fun day.
    Anyways, why can't we burn Jawas? I still have the one from last time, and I'm getting an itching for a flaming :D

5. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    This sounds like a cool idea. Dinner is a good idea as well. Oh No!!! I am going to have Boy Scout Flash Backs. Anyone interested in Hobo Pies. Its pies you make with bread and filling in a fire with a little cooker thing on a pole. I think my parent's still have them. Its fun and Yummy. I can spring for the pie fillings if someone wants to bring the bread. Cherry and Apple. Yummy Yummy

6. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    Well, I found out today that we might not have a meet on the Saturday. So... we'll find out if we can come or not. *sigh* Everything with Track is so confusing this year. We have our first meet Tuesday, and I don't even know what I'm running yet, and I still don't have my uniform. But anyway, we'll get back to you all when we know.

7. MaxReBoot11

MaxReBoot11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2003
    For the workshops and the bon fire, I'm interested in
    :::SMORES:::
    and learning what materials i would need to put in to a costume
    ~what stores offer the best prices for stuff (if people with experience know)
    ~average timeline for a costume creation process
    ~costuming websites or club groups
    ~err, other stuff??

What should we each bring for food and stuff?? Or even for workshop stuff??

~I love the idea of the sandwich/ pizza/ food pocket things in Jeff's cooker thing, SMORES , maybe some Wookie Cookie Cookbook specials ;) I could do some of those....
    Anyone like stirfry?? I make the best around... Teryakai or Soy Sauces, with veggies, and beef or chicken :)

::EDIT::
    I just re-read Dave's info [face_blush] on what to bring (scroll up a few posts)... but has anyone decided as to what we should bring as food parts or in $$$$ for food?? just wondering...

8. MaxReBoot11

MaxReBoot11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2003
    ... oh-- and fire = burned sticks = charicatures or portraits in charcoal, anyone?? lol :)

9. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Lets keep the dinner as simple as possible this time around. Either order out or Hots and Hams, and everyone brings a little cash either way. Later this summer maybe we can have a club Picnic and go all out with the cooking then. We should make sure to utilize as much time for costuming and other related issues this time. That's my suggestion. I got the Pie ovens and will bring some filling. I need to know how many want pies so I can bring enough stuff. Someone has to supply some white sandwich bread as well. As far as how long a costume takes, from what I can tell from Mookie, a costume is never finished. : )

10. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    Let me just clear one small detail up - this is not an open fire like you might think. This is more like a portable fireplace - you gotta see it to really understand.

I know you are all for the sandwiches Jeff - but I think we might have a tough time cooking them.

If you guys want to do dogs (not mine 8-}) and burgers - we need to decide so someone can front the money and pick up the stuff. Ordering out may just be simpler than anything else - this way we can concentrate on costumes and not on cooking.

We (Nik and I) have the s'mores stuff - so that is ready to go.

And I agree - a costume is never done - so bring your ideas and lets roll out some costumes.

11. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    How long are you planning the bon fire for? Cause my friends Luke, Ryan and I are hosting a party that night at 7 or 8. And it's gunna be kickin. We're having lots of people from the retreat I went to the weekend of the storm, and I'm obligated to go.

12. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Well if you can Roast Mellows with it you can make the pies. Same idea. We do it with my parrents little tiney chimney thing on thier Deck. I am assuming its like that thing. I have decided to make a poll on what to eat Sat. We should order out.

13. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    OK - I was under the impression that the sandwich maker needed to be put right on the coals in order to cook - feel free to bring it

14. Jedi-Nitess

Jedi-Nitess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2002
    Ryan and I got bread for the sandwich thingies.

:D

15. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Well, that was fun. Thanks Dave and Nik. And thanks Adrian's Parrents for Pizza. Everyone that could not make it was missed. Next time when we all have stuff, we can start making things. I have to get out and find pants and look at other stuff to use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.