main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Costuming and Props supplies - who wants it??

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by kreleia, Feb 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Recently I've inherited much more than I can handle when it comes to costuming supplies. Especially in the realm of prop-making. As most of you know, I very rarely venture into prop-making, since there are others out there who do a far better job of it than I do. So, here's what I have that I don't need, want, or won't use:

• 2 small hot-glue guns with glue-sticks. Glue sticks are dividable, so you don't have to take both guns if all you want is one.

• Chrome plumbing tape - looks like chrome duct-tape. Roll is pretty full.

• Steel-bristle brush with scraper edge.

• Various knobs, rings, rubber plumbing rings and small plumbing (sink) supplies. (pick and choose what you want)

• Parafilm Laboratory film - click the link to see what it is. I honestly have no idea what this would be used for, but maybe someone else does. **shrug**

• 2 1-inch paint brushes

• Model Master red putty (for smoothing and finishing molds) - tube is about half-used.

• Ace Hardware polyurethane gloss finish (11 oz. spray can)

• Dupli-Color clear acrylic laquer (5 oz. spray can - same stuff used on cars for glossy finish)

• 2 9"x11" sanding screens - 120 grit (for plaster and drywall sanding)

Take what you want - PLEASE - otherwise I will be throwing it away. I just don't need all this.

Okay - I also have TONS of fabric. Thanks to the generosity of LordParsec, I have two large bins full of useable high-quality upholstery fabric. :) There's no way I can use all of this. A lot of it would be great for medieval/rennaissance costumes, or you could incorporate it into whatever costume you want to make. MANY colors and patterns available!! I can bring the bins to an event, or you can post here, call me or PM me and we can arrange something. Just let me know!!

Oh, and no, you won't pay for anything. :)

2. Anwelei

Anwelei Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 2001
    AHHH, dang it, i'm not there to see it. :( if you've got any left when i get back, may i have a look? I will have time on my hands (Finally) for costuming and i like free stuff!

3. jada_marnew

jada_marnew Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2003
    Me me me!! I look later when I'm not rushing off to court . . .

4. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Anwelei, absolutely. :)

5. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Heh - PLEASE help me get some of this stuff out of my front-room!!

6. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    I know what I use parafilm for, but I've never considered it for use in probs-building...

7. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Hey, do you have any red cotton, black pleather, or black cotton? I don't know how much I'd need, since I need to do measuring. This stuff that I need is for my Jedi Costume. If you don't have it, I'll just go to fabric stores.

BTW: Which places would I need to go to to get the stuff I need?

8. Darth_Greedo

Darth_Greedo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2002
    Any black or oarngish yellow or light blue fabric. I could use it.

9. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    Dibs on chrome plumbing tape!!

10. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Kev, I think I have some black cotton in the bins. You can have it. For the rest, check out fabric stores - JoAnn's, Hancock Fabrics and SAS. :)

As far as solid fabrics go, most of this is upholstery fabric, so it's decorated or patterned. I think the only other color of solid that I have in there is light purple.

11. blackfeather

blackfeather Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2002
    me! me me memememememememe!!!

i don't care what it is, i want it!

mmmm, freeeee stuuuuuuufff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.