main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Costuming and Props

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by HanSolo29 , Mar 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    No problem, Chris. Steph is MIA at the moment, tied up with school. I'd like it if you would get some ideas & give some direction for people who are interested in getting started. IE: places to go & people to contact :D

Then, meybe we can set a date where we can get to gether and work on them. There is some of us, myself included, who are very much a newbee to the Costuming World.:confused:

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Sorry for my disappearance, guys. Like Rob said, school has been kicking my butt for the past few weeks. It's the end of the semester and everything came to a head. However, tomorrow's my last day, so I should be fine from here on out.

As for costumes, I would really love to have a TK. That's why I originally got into the 501st. I started with a TIE because that's what I could afford, but I would love to upgrade. :)

3. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Cool! :cool:

Would you be willing to do a Clone Trooper? We could share molds.. I think.. Though ppl may talk..[face_blush]

4. EighteenDelta

EighteenDelta Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2007
    As I said I would, here is my start on my mando helm. Keep in mind this is a rough start and I lack the artistic skills.

[image=http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u267/eighteendelta/mandohelm/mandohelm2.jpg]

I think TK and clone are within our capability.

-x

5. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    That looks good, Chris! =D=

I'm gonna have to decide where to start, either with Boba or a Clone Trooper. [face_thinking] I think I might start with the Trooper. Steph, you never answered if you would be willing to do a Trooper (costume, that is, lol).. (That didn't really sound right.. 8-} )

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    LOL! There's just something about the white... :p

I had my original hopes on a TK, but if we're low on resources and we can't get the proper moulds, I'd be willing to change to clone. I'm just not a big fan of the whole clone trooper thing, but we'll see where it goes.

The Mando helmet is looking great so far! I could never build things from scratch like that, or maybe I could, but I don't have the patience. In either case, I admire your skills! :)

7. EighteenDelta

Mar 22, 2007
    Rob,

Did you ever specify Episode 2 or 3 clone? which do you prefer?

-x

8. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Hmmm.. I didn't.. I'll look them both over again :)

9. EighteenDelta

Mar 22, 2007
    Rob,

Episode 2 is much closer to their mando origins (T-Visor) and episode 3 is much more similar to the TK design. I am actually with Steph on this one though, I think TK has far more emotion to me, and as such would be a higher priority. I have issues with the clone thing too. That's a convo best saved for the next meeting. We can try our hand at sculpting any of those three I suppose. I am equally will to try any of them.

-x

P.S. why doesn't anyone log/chat on AIM?

10. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    The body armor for the Ep2 clone and Ep3 clone are exactly the same for the regular troopers. The only difference in is the helmets, unless you are talking about doing a specific type pf Ep3 clone, such as the Galactic Marine, Airborne, Commanders, etc.

11. EighteenDelta

Mar 22, 2007
    Yes the armor is, as you said, the same. I am referring to the Helmets.

Hence 'T-Visor'

-x

12. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I know this was brought up before, but is there a chance that we could borrow already existing molds to pull the armor from? I know you spoke about doing this before but I'm not sure if you had any luck.

13. EighteenDelta

Mar 22, 2007
    I didn't really get a positive response from anyone about all that. I think too many people are too interested in making a living selling stuff rather than just having fun with this hobby. It's kind of a shame, I hope to be more charitable when in a position to make these myself. I have little doubt we could do this quite well and in a pretty reasonable time period. I am getting materials to start building a body cast to work off of, and a case or two (40 or 50lbs each) of chavant NSP clay. I have also been building up a reference catalog of my own to help get the details correct.action figures, especially the larger ones would be helpful, also if anyone has a helmet, even a bad one, they would be excellent references. (no I do not wish to recast or otherwise reproduce someone else's work, but I want to have scaled references) I am doing it all on my own, but it will be for the benefit for whoever is involved in the group, and I would not turn away anyone who wants to help.

-x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.