main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Costuming/Concert Event

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Minacia_Brightstar, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Posted by request of Q99213.

Some of you know about this, but I thought I would post it here anyway. October 5th, the Brevard Symphony Orchestra is putting on a concert and they want people with Sci-Fi costumes to come out and mingle with the crowd. I don't know if we'd get to see the concert, but it sounds like fun. The costume doesn't have to be SW. With Halloween so close, if you don't have a costume yet, and you want to come out, you could probably go down to Spencers and pick up something. I think they still sell the Star Trek costumes, which aren't that bad. For more info, clickie

2. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    The event is going to be from 1:30-6. They want us there before and after the shoe, so I'm sure we'll get to see it. Post here if you're interested in going so I know if I should take off work or not.

3. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    I don't have anything scheduled for that day yet so I'm game.

-Jack

4. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    That makes two. Anyone else? Speak now or my Ewok will beat your answer out of you :D

5. BIGGIE

BIGGIE Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2003
    if my costume is done i will go, i just got a part done with it so things a looking up.

6. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey biggie, and word on your costume? So I guess right now it's just me and jack?

7. BIGGIE

Sep 21, 2003
    yah, i am not even shure i will get it done before homecomming. i could make up a coustume, i dont know. i will get back to you on this.

8. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Sorry guys- I won't be able to make it. I have yet again another weekend booked. :(

Have fun!

9. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Holy crap, that was so awesome!!!

Things I learned:

1. Don't piss off the Florida Highway Patrol
    2. If you do piss off the FHP, don't do it in Vinyl pants.
    3. Noone knows who John Crichton is, so when attending a 501st event, don't try and be special, just be a Sith or Jedi, or you'll end up going from Commander John Crichton, to Bounty Hunter #4. :p
    4. Vinyl pants and leather seats do not mix!

Guys, I can not say how cool this event was. I don't know what was cooler, being backstage listening to the Star Wars main theme, hanging out with Chris from Digital Llama Radio, or just being around all of those kids that are still young enough to think this is all real. It was so awesome to have some kid come up to you wanting to get your autograph or have their pic taken.

And the FL 501st was a great group of people. I am seriously thinking about going to Downtown Orlando with them this Halloween. Not sure yet, but it would be a blast!

I've gotten the pics on the website, so enjoy! Pics

10. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Don't quite know what you mean regarding the FHP, but perhaps I don't want to.

It sounds like I missed an awesome time!!! I'm glad you enjoyed it- and bummed I couldn't make it.

Who all from our group ended up going?

11. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Actually, I wish you were there. TO my suprise there were no Jedi. The only two 'good guys' were Rebel Pilots, Lord Golden Arrow and Thumper. Chris was a sith but he varied from Darth Vader to Anakin to Luke to random Jedi #3 depending on the kid. It was so funny. It was me, Jack, and Dan.

Somehow this FHP guy thought that my Nubian, which tops out at 85, was going 97. Hey Biggie, wanna be my witness? You saw that the speedo never went over 83. I've talked to a few mechanics and they said there is no way short of attatching a rocket engine to the roof that that car can go that fast, so I think I caight a guy having a bad day that needed to fill his quota.

12. BIGGIE

Sep 21, 2003
    yah, he was going 83. u think u had it bad with people not knowing you, i was bounty hunter #5, darth vader, freak, the big man,............. the list goes on. i think the best part other than the cops was the kid running up and hugging jacks leg, and kids wanting my auotgraph, i felt special. lol j/k. but i do need to get a real costume done, i might be useing that one for a cupple other things. i think i gave some of the kids nightmares that night lol. i just saw the pics, they came out real nice, i must have them.

13. BIGGIE

Sep 21, 2003
    i got thinking, i should keep useing the bounty hunter #5 costume and work on it a bit, and finsh my DUNE costume for megacon. i think that might be best.

14. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Yeah man, that costume wasn't really that bad. Like Jack said, you could easily mod it to be a wring wraith.

The next event I do as Crichton, I'm going to bring a big sign saying 'I am Crichton from FARSCAPE! Not a Jedi, not Darth Vader, not Darth Maul, not a Klingon, FARSCAPE!' Ok, maybe not, but you get the idea. Or I'll just go Jedi, can't lose out there.

I still loved Chris' costume. The Rubies Maul Halloween tunic was great, and the T-shirt, classic! And when he dropped his Park I thought he was going to start crying, I know I was :p

Oh yeah, another thing I learned, never put your arm around Clutch while he's in armor, you will regret it later...

15. jackdoud

jackdoud Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    Yeah, I saw how Chris was flipping his saber around. With those hard tile floors I thought he was nuts!

Q- What's with the last 7 pics on the site that won't DL. I'm guessing they're the huge ones of me and the other trooper out on stage?

-Jack

16. BIGGIE

Sep 21, 2003
    if i was going to do a ring wraith i would do a good one, not have a trench coat and a blaster rifle lol

17. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Naw, the pics I took on stage are too far away to post right now, so I have to play with them. They should be pics of Clutch and Chris as a Mol Cal Sith (a whole other hilarious story), but I'm on a school comp right now and they seem to load fine.

It was also cool finding out that Nikki was one of the Imperial Barricade Tape girls. I was like *extreme shock*!

18. BIGGIE

Sep 21, 2003
    what is this Imperial Barricade Tape girls thing u keep talking about?

19. BIGGIE

Sep 21, 2003
    now looking the pics, i wish we got a pic of u talking to the cop in your Vinyl pants. that would have been a good one

20. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I'' wear them to court, how that? Man, I think I have to drive to Melbourne to fight this frelling ticket. Do you know how much that sucks!

I don't know if I should post a link to the tape girls here, so check your PM biggie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.