main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Edmonton Costuming creation and Lightsaber manufacturing thread... post all your links and ideas here please.

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Indigo_Jade, Oct 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indigo_Jade

Indigo_Jade Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2002
    Well with the push and desire for all of us to try and get costumed up for this exciting event, we thought it would be helpful to provide some links to creating costumes and Lightsabers.

Costumes

Fanfilms.net Costuming Tutorial

The Padawan's Guide to costuming

SITH costumes

Echo Station's Costuming Page

Lightsabers

AWESOME Lightsaber Creation Site: The Big Yellow Box

Build you Own Lightsaber

Fanfilms.net Lightaber Tutorial

If you have any links to add, or suggestions/comments or hints from your own experience, please make sure you post em to help out your fellow members.

May the Force be with you all,

Indy

2. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Thanks Indy, now i might have a costume ready for friday.

3. Vua__Lah

Vua__Lah Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 1, 2002
    I'm still going to go as the emporer. It's all I can afford / am willing to do on such short notice. lol

4. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
  5. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Went and picked up my fabrics for my robe/gi tonight...

If you have a chance, get to Fabricland sometime this weekend if you can. They are offering 50% off if you buy more than 4 meters of a material, if you have a membership (only 15 bucks) you will DEFINATELY save a whole whack of dough if you go buy your materials this weekend!!!! Even if you only buy a meter or 2 meters, you still save like 30% or something like that, so it is definately in your best interest to head over there before Sunday!

Oh, and if you are hoping to get a lightsaber from Toys R Us, all the ones that I saw there were pretty sucky... :(

Indy

6. fingthething

fingthething Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Arrggg, I had a lot of trouble finding good material, so im just going to do what Steve suggested in the last meeting, go in all black with my rebel pin and go as Luke in ROTJ.

7. Jamaillia

Jamaillia Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2002
    I have got my fabric today, the only problem that I have is finding boots. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Jamaillia

8. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    I have had NO luck with boots so far... every costume place I called didn't even carry shoes nevermind boots...

And they are way too expensive to buy new I think... :(

If you find some for relatively cheap, PLEASE post here!!! :)

Indy

9. astrozombie

astrozombie Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 19, 2002
    ...whenever I need something relatively hard to find that is often expensive new, I venture to the thrifts! Just a couple days ago I snagged 10$ boots that, with minor alteration, are dead ons for Endor Leia trek boots! They may not last as long, but with some luck you can go a long way for under 30 bucks. And don't be discouraged by the surge of customers this time of year...odds are you're the only one looking for Jedi footwear. I'd also suggest Army Surplus for things like Hoth (or any planet) gear...accessories for belts and details can be fished out of their bins. They've got good Hoth boots. Just think how many of the original costumes came from altered army designs...

there's my 2 cents. ValueVillage/GoodWill/SalvationArmy or Surplus stores.

happy hunting!

10. Jamaillia

Jamaillia Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2002
    I made some calls today and I can get a pair of rubber english riding boots for $39.95 at Toudouir Tack (sp?). The addy is: 9780-51 ave. phone: 469-9529. This is the price for ladies boots. I hope this helps.

Jamaillia

11. AnakinMoonwalker

AnakinMoonwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2002
    For cheap boots ($10 american excluding s/h) check out www.sportsmansguide.com and search for german boots but they are out of stalk until late November.

12. Indigo_Jade

Apr 23, 2002
    Awesome Jamaillia, I will have to give them a ring tommorow then!!! :)

Indy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.