main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seattle, WA Costuming Day

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediFarfy, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Hey, I was hoping we could have a costuming day soon. The idea has been brought up, and I would really like to get one going. I have no clue how to make anything, but I do want a costume for C4.

Before anyone says we should just go to one of the costuming groups, I'm not looking to do anything canon. I have a couple of stuff from comics I'm thinking about, just for fun.

This doesn't have to be really soon. Sometime after the Ren Faire would be cool since I know I can't get anything done by then. Plus our schedule is a little full up until then. :p

JediFarfy

2. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    Friday and Saturday afternoons, Monday and Wednesday nights--they are all good for me. Well, until Fall quarter. Then all bets are off. :p

3. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    Cool. If we get more schedules for others, we might get something going. I have a sewing machine and have no clue how to use it!

JediFarfy

4. DetShogan

DetShogan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2006
    Alpha Base has costuming and lightsaber workshops as well as lightsaber dueling workshop (in theory) YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A MEMBER (i think) to show up and your always welcome to sign up for the Alpha Base forums (people will answer questions you have about creating costumes). There is a lot of EU costumes in both the Rebel Legion and 501st.

Admittedly you guys are more "active" then the other 2, and I could always see if Rodwan (Chris) (Light FX like Saber builder and lightsaber dueling instructor like guy) is willing to work with Emerald City Sqaudron on building lightsabers and such (there seems to be little interest from the rest of AB and GT which was a let down). Anyways, if anyone is interested, let me know and I could ask him (he's supposed to be at the TL parade as well).

-Paul

5. Maco_Star

Maco_Star Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2006
    that sound like fun! I would love to help design or jus sketch the designs out for you... I can ever help make patterns. I want to design another costume myself and really we could always go down to joane's or pacific fabrics stores..they always have classes. I have a lady that's doing mine right now who's great, she's jus taking forever. Paul, brings up a good point though, if the other groups could help us out I'm definatly in on letting them help. The lightsaber dueling would be cool.

6. Maco_Star

Feb 15, 2006
    I offer my services to you, Shar, I'm available Sunday evening and tuesday night. Let me know if you wanna get together and start sketchin stuff out...plus it would really help me get a start on your character for the comic.[face_dancing]

7. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Oh yeah comic. [face_blush]

I havea couple ideas for a costume too, maybe. :p

Ummm... Tuesdays 6pmish after the August 8th would be okay for be.

8. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    a comic?[face_monkey]

well ...this is going to be a long day... costuming takes another toll..I just hope it is not blazing hot out there today.[face_worried]

9. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    The weather looks like it will be cooler today. We'll be rooting for you near the Cinerama!
    I love the idea of a costume workshop too! I am still a novice, but I really want to make another costume. I need to finish the one I have first though! LOL!

10. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
  11. AmmersVI

Jun 25, 2005
    That's cool! Looks like you won't have too much work to do. You can buy the pants and boots. The top is just a bodice, sleeves and scarves. Fun project. I think you're gonna have to get a MR saber now! LOL!

12. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    Yay! I can't wait to get going on it now! :D

I'm going to go hunt down a lightsaber in the costuming board!

JediFarfy

13. Maco_Star

Feb 15, 2006
    the "darth maul mr fx" I have is $99.99 @ borders in southcenter

14. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    And I BELIEVE I get my discount there on it. :D

15. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    Wow, they're pricey. I think I need an Anakin or Luke saber to be accurate. Or at least a nifty looking one. Let me find some pics online. :)

JediFarfy

16. AmmersVI

Jun 25, 2005
    Is Mara's saber purple? They have a Mace Windu purple saber out. (I love purple!):D

17. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    I'm not sure. It's a weird red/purple/pink color. I could use a purple one if I needed to. I just realized that she gets a green Anakin/Luke ESB one AFTER the comics (specifically in The Last Command), so anything else is more accurate than the Luke one.

JediFarfy

18. DetShogan

Apr 13, 2006
    you can always build it[face_monkey]

19. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    Looks like the Maul one is gone at Tukwila Borders now anyways. :(

20. AmmersVI

Jun 25, 2005
    Now I really need a costuming day. My next project will be a Ceremonial Leia. It's gonna be a lot of work and I'm gonna need all the help I can get!
    BTW, McCall's patterns are .99 cents at Hancock fabricks this week![face_dancing]

21. JediYvette

Jan 18, 2001
    :eek:

That is a great price!

22. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    I think if I get a saber, I'd rather NOT have a blade. I'd be tempted to use it, aka, just randomly hit people. O:)

JediFarfy

23. AmmersVI

Jun 25, 2005
    It is kind of hard to have it attached at the waist if it has a blade too.

I just got black boots on sale (at JediFarfy's most hated place Target). ~Sorry for supporting them Sheridan... did I mention they were on sale?:)
    BTW, I'd be willing to have a costuming day at my apt. the weekend of the 19th.

24. JediFarfy

Nov 2, 2000
    TARGET = EVIL.

I guess, since they WERE on sale, I'll be ok somewhat about it...

Zappos.com is better.

JediFarfy

25. AmmersVI

Jun 25, 2005
    :_| Sorry *goes to sulk in corner with new $30 boots*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.