main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL Costuming Event for school kids

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by LukeCeremonial22569, Jul 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukeCeremonial22569

LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 23, 2002
    Gabrielle has asked me to post about this event for her. This will be at a school for young kids, the school is called Zoo school, or Lowry Park. She is aking for people in costume that can make it in Jedi or other costumes that wont scar the kids. If have a Stormtrooper costume thats fine also but just leave your helmet off till the kids see your face frist.

I will have more info soon as Gaby gets it to me. I believe this will be a during the day event.

2. SithFan1977

SithFan1977 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    sweet! i wanna get into this. got a month or date yet?

3. Ravenjack

Ravenjack Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 27, 2005
    I'm interested as well. I don't think Vader would be appropriate lol, so I'll stick to my jedi.

4. PrincessElaina

PrincessElaina Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2005
    Thank you for posting. That way I can get a headcount and let everyone know the date and time so they can make plans. So far I am talking with the contact today about the time to doublecheck the best time for the appearances. The kids are already excited!!

I will make a post later this afternoon or tommorrow at the latest. So far I have a date of Thursday, July 21st. The appearance will be in the morning from 10-12 noon or after 1pm.

Thanks again and can't wait to see everyone!!,

Gabby

5. crfields

crfields Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    sounds like a great event, i'll see if i can get the time off of work. =)

6. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    Gabby Im still for this not sure about Denise thou, I think she will have to work. I love beinging my own boss and I can do things like this and not hear it from anyone,,LOL.

7. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Work day for me, sorry to miss it.

8. PrincessElaina

Jun 7, 2005
    I second that Ross.

The head count of four sounds great. Actually if you have a Darth Vadar costume they could use you for the older kids. They ages range from toddler to 5th grade so they bring them in by their classes/age targets in groups.

Still waiting on the time confirmation. The Date of July 21st has been Ok'd.

For those who can make that date, please post which costume you would like to wear so I can pass it on to the Contact. So far I have three Jedi and one possible Vadar but definate Jedi for the older kids. Let me know what you decide.

Gabrielle

9. Ravenjack

Mar 27, 2005
    count me in as a jedi. I don't have a complete vader costume yet.

10. PrincessElaina

Jun 7, 2005
    Ok all! I have the time confirmed for 1-3pm for July 21st on that Thursday.

So far I have a headcount of:

4 Jedi
    1 Padme and 1 Princess Leia

Sounds great so far!! Ravenjack I have you down as a Jedi for sure.
    Thanks all this will be fun!! Anyone who can't make it PM me or post so I can let her know Monday morning for her announcement.

Marie you will be missed.. see you soon!

:)

11. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    Hey Gaby can you post how to get there for us on here? Thank you, we missed you today at the Mall's it was a great time. I took alot of pix and some video of dancing stormtroopers.

12. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    I am gonna make the event too, one more Jedi...

13. PrincessElaina

Jun 7, 2005
    The event will be located at

The Lowry Park Zoo

Take I-275 to the Sligh Avenue exit
    (which is exit 48, just south of Busch Blvd.).

Proceed west on Sligh Avenue.

The Lowry Park Zoo is about 1 mile down Sligh on the right side of the road.

They have a map here with more detailed directions for folks coming from different directions.

http://www.lowryparkzoo.com/html/l2/l2_visit_directions.html

When your inside the parking lot you will go all the way down to the right side of the front entrance. The Zoo Shool is all the way down on the right past the front gate. There is a seperate entrance/gate there.

Thanks all for coming out! We usually do a question answer session after a brief intro and monologue of who we are. Ross I suppose I will leave that up to you to introduce the Fan Force and let us say our names and introduce our characters before the questions begin. The Zoo coordinator will be taking lots of photos.

Gabrielle

14. SithFan1977

SithFan1977 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    I want to come, but i dont have a costume yet. i was informed that I cant go as george lucas, so i will see what i can do for the event

15. skyshark93

skyshark93 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2002
    UGH! Bad day for an event! Leighann and I both work Mon-Fri so we cant make it. If they're planning on doing more events lets try to talk with them about weekend events, that way they'll have more costumes show up.
    Later

16. PrincessElaina

Jun 7, 2005
    The Zoo School is never open on weekends. :(

However,..I am planning two Star Wars weekend events. One will be in October and the other in December on a Saturday night. I will have the dates of those weekends when the time gets closer to avoid schedule conflicts with Necro. They are held in the evening from 6pm until 9pm.

Thanks to all who can participate!

17. crfields

crfields Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    Hey, count me as tentative, not sure if work is going to let me go. as of now, its not looking good =(.

18. PrincessElaina

Jun 7, 2005
    So far I have 3 Jedi that are definate. That is still good. My Princess Leia was called into work but we still have a good headcount.

I will be going on ahead of the Fanforce or behind you as a different character. I made a promise to some little ones about appearing as Princess Emilia.

Most of what we will be doing is giving intros about ourselves and answering questions. Are you bringing your lightsabers?

I will meet you all at the zoo school gate. You can see through it so I may be on the other side of it with my suitcase. When you come in the main entrance and come all the way to the front gate, you then take a RIGHT and head towards the far right of the zoo itself. When you come to the far right handside of the zoo at the end you have reached the zoo school gate.

I have posted alternate directions because of the troublesome sinkhole that has our road (sligh) from 275 blocked off.

According to the zoo's instructions:

Take the next Exit (Byrd Street) Take a left to Florida Avenue,

when you reach Florida Avenue take a right, the next light should be Waters,
    Take a left at Waters to North BLVD, When you reach North BLVD take a Left ....it should bring us to the side entrance according to Zoo staff.

At that point we should pass the zoo school entrance first and a security guard should tell us where to park if necessary. I usually just park out in front of that School Gate.

I will meet you all at 1200 noon. I have to change costumes and will do so before or after everyone gets together. If you need to change costumes this will give you enough time. We go on at 1pm in the Lecture Room.

Looking forward to seeing all of you!
    Gabrielle

19. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    I will miss you all tomorrow...I will be at a new opening of a medical facility doing PR work for our agency.
    Take pics please! I am really looking forward to seeing your costumes Gabby!! I hope you are feeling better. We have to get together soon to just relax girl.

20. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    @};- =D= [face_dancing] Just got back from Lowery Park Zoo School and have say thanks to Gabby for inviting us and sorry that the more of group couldn't attend. THe kids were lots of fun and showed a great deal of interest. We hope to be doing more appearances in the near future.

21. Ravenjack

Mar 27, 2005
    Great time and super fun. Thanks again Gabrielle for letting us be part of the event. The kids seemed pretty interested and looked like they enjoyed themselves. Can't wait for the next time!

22. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    Hey everyone the Zoo school event was a great time the kids were wonderful and we all had a great time today, lots of kids. We took what was left over from the prizes we had at the movie premire and gave them to the kids who got a question right. Boy the kids know they're Star Wars stuff, they loved having us there, they all were very excited to see us.

Gabby will be putting another event like this together in the future and it will be on the weekend this time during the evening with lots more people. So you will be able to make this time around. We hope we can get some of the 501st to come out and maybe Chris and someone can put together a sabe fight for the kids, they were asking us all day to fight for them. We didnt do it due to the fact of the area we were in and didnt want anyone to get hit by us. But we liie to get the 501st with us on the next outing to the Zoo as well as Rebel Legion.

A BIG thanks to Gabby for putting this together, I look forward to working with her for the next event over at the Zoo.

Also Thanks to Matt, Denise, Virgina and Gabby for today you all were great.

23. PrincessElaina

Jun 7, 2005
    I just got in the door but wanted to thank everyone for coming out!! You were all fantastic and I am so thrilled that the event went so well today. The boys and girls were thrilled that their dream finally came true!!

I will be posting info in the next 2 days about the next event so you will all have lots of notice. I have to coordinate it with the right amount of security and find a place to put us all without being trampled or getting our costumes torn. (This happened to me last year after finishing a costume that day).

I am getting started on this ASAP to coordinate around Necro and get some publicity possibly started with Marketing.

Thank you so much again; you were all awesome. Also thanks to Virginia from the Rebel Legion for coming out and playing with us. You were a great Leia!

You all made the Zoo staff and kids so happy today, all of you. Good idea also about bringing the camera. The Zoo Coordinator who takes all the photos had to be called out into the field today and couldn't make it to the Zoo School.

Thank you Marie for lending the sabers; I will see you soon! You were missed today! :)

Gabrielle

24. LukeCeremonial22569

Sep 23, 2002
    Everyone can see the photos here--

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/frost833522000/album?.dir=/1568

Enjoy you guys, sorry that the photos are so blurry, we had other people taking them for us so we could be in them. Better luck next time.

25. crfields

crfields Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    yeah, i'd love to put on a fight demo =) let me know a time a place, and hopefully i can make it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.