main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

costuming for ep III- finishing in time? LOL

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by StormXPadme, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StormXPadme

StormXPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2004
    I just had to copy that nice thread title *G*.

Unfortunately I'm not on c III (plan to go to an event like this next year, though), but I know this finishing problems, since the ROTS premier is nearing VERY fast... I guess there are some more people that need to finish costumes for THAT date, so I thought... let's just make a thread bout that one...

I'm not quite in the same car as most of you, though, my job is mostly waiting, coordinating, paying and wearing LOL (and for four costumes that has NOT been as easy as it might sound). Still, I'm anxious...

In Germany, we're having a 'waiting in line for ROTS' too, in Berlin, and I'm looking forward to that for more than two years now... Starting on 15th May to 19th May... Now I do have a costume planned for each day, with the absolute dress of my dreams (pastel lake gown) to be worn for the premier itself (May 18th, 8.00 pm).... So you can guess, it's getting busy for me these days *G*.

Anyway, someone else getting ready for ROTS costume-wise?

my own Padmé costumes status right now:

White Battle Outfit:
    - shawl: done (though I'm still hoping to get a bertter one... It's not turned out too well... Too short, too thin fabric...)
    - shoes: bought, just have to paint them in the color of the leather of the shinguards... I hope to start on that next week once the shinguards are done.
    - shirt/trousers: bought... I won't sew these special shape into the shirt. It's just not really worth the work... I mostly did that outfit for fun.
    - belt: will be done on Monday (I hope *G*, since I got delayed three times already LOL).
    - shinguards: will be done on Monday as well... I'm lucky enough to know a really good saddler here. He found perfect colored faux leather for me and does both belt and shinguards with his cool leather sewing machine *G* (if I had a thing like that at home, I SWEAR, I'd try to learn how to sue, even if I'm a hopeless case)... I made the scetches for the shinguards, one of the things I could do myself (next to losing weight for all of my costumes LOL), using the shape of riding chaps for the basics... I've seen them half-done, and they really look cool already... Now to finish them...

Corset Fireside Gown:
    - skirt: done... and turned out beautiful :D. The lace is too flowerish, but me and my friend who sewed it, we've been in EVERY fabric store in TWO towns and couldn't find a better one... just hopeless ô_ó. it still looks beautiful, though.
    - scarf: done... that one I actually did myself :D Mean, putting all the beads on... Did that last year already, for an improvized version of the gown. That was really fun *G*.
    - headpiece: done; Just need to find a way to keep it in place... ô_ó
    - gauntlets: will be finished tomorrow... I hope *sigh*
    - corset: will be finished tomorrow... I hope *sigh*
    - shoes: thought about wearing these nice long black boots I have, but they're a lil too robust looking, nearly like riding boots... Girls, what are you wearing for this costume? (I know it's not important since we have no idea what she IS wearing in the movies, but still LOL) I guess I'll buy some new ones... Perhaps in Berlin, I have a week time after all till the Line starts LOL

Pastel Lake Gown:
    - dress/headpieces: nearly finished and on the way here soon...
    - armbands: a friend of the saddler does these... I hope they'll be done by Monday, cause I still have to find a way to keep them in place :/. He already warned me that might be a problem... Oh well, another thing I CAN do myself...
    - shoes: found very very pretty and not even expensive white ones that look like the glimpse we got to see in the movie when they get out of the boat... Still have to learn how to walk with them without braking a leg, though LOL

Aqua Gorgette Gown:
    - dress/headpiece: scheduled end of April/beginning of May
    - belly: now, that one was fun *G*. I thought it would be hard

2. ecila

ecila Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2002
    Hi StormXPadme!

If I can get it done (and it really is due for CIII), I want to wear the Sleepless Knights nightgown! The fabric is staring at me right now, saying hurry up and make me!

:)
    ecila

3. StormXPadme

StormXPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2004
    I SO much love the sleepless knight gown... It's definitely on my wish list... it was that or the Aqua Gorgette Gown for our 'waiting in line'... be sure to do photos once you start!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.