main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG Costuming...Getting Started

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by ReckDesh, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aanakin

aanakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2004
    Does anyone know how to make a jedi utility belt?

2. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    Hi guys. :D

aanakin - for materials for the belt, there's a shop in Bukit Timah Shopping Centre (Beauty World?) that sells leather and the rivets needed for the belt and there's also a shop there that sells the Anakin type buckle.

I'm thinking of getting either a Parksaber or a Master Replicas FX sabre. Does anyone know how reliable Parks is with delivering the sabre and such? And how durable is a MR FX sabre? I would get a Parksaber but cost is quite a major concern... =/

3. aanakin

Dec 17, 2004
    okie thanx!

4. xeno_kenobi

xeno_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 4, 2002
    Hi, the leather at Bukit Timah Plaza freaking expensive. But the rivets are quite affordable. Clare, you probably don't have the time to get a Parks Saber unless you order it 2nd hand. Parks takes 10 weeks to get stuff like a lightsaber done ( damn ) As for the FX it has a limited lifespan. Yazid's FX died already. If everything is okay I could lend you my EL 14" lightsaber handle plus blade ( 40" )
    Hope it helps.

5. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    > the leather at Bukit Timah Plaza freaking expensive

Then where to get affordable leather that is thick enough to turn into a belt? :confused: The one at The Hereen is even more bloody expansive.

6. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Xeno, thanks for the info. I guess I won't be getting one by ROTS, but by the end of the year. Yep I'd like to borrow your EL sabre if I can... thanks very much for the offer. :) Do you have any photos of it, btw? Just wondering because 14" seems very long for a sabre handle.

I got two strips of leather for my belt for $20. I don't know what the usual price of leather is, but imho that's quite reasonable for a Jedi belt. Don't know where else to get the same kind of rivets though.

7. aanakin

Dec 17, 2004
    So...where to get the cheapest leather from?

8. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    If you want, can get Xeno to get it for you BUT you must get the other parts too and assemble it yourself. ;) From the pricetag he told me, it's bloody cheap. :eek:

Darn! I also need a proper Jedi Belt for my 2 Jedi Garbs (but need 1 belt only lah! ;) )

9. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Err, Clare go to my webbie - www.freewebs.com/xenovikatoi
    I getting a new lightsaber, soooo you can borrow.

10. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Hehe, xeno... ever reliable! thats becos he's the One, obi-One! hehehe, lame

11. JediClare

Oct 8, 2001
    Thanks, Xeno :)

12. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Haha, yes. I have proven that I am indeed, The One, Obi " One ".

13. aanakin

Dec 17, 2004
    Then how about the "Chosen One"?

14. xeno_kenobi

Nov 4, 2002
    Ah, the choosen one is overated... The time of The Wan is now. I NEED HELP PEOPLE !!! I need to know where can I get leather cheap, cause my old supplier doesn't have it anymore...

Help!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.