main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Costuming Help

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Sionnach_Dearg, Aug 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sionnach_Dearg

Sionnach_Dearg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2002
    Yes, I finally got my act together and posted this thread.

At the last meeting it was discussed that there should be a meeting/get-together to discuss costuming for our September release thinger. As I said, I am quite willing to host same, and help people with planning/execution of costumes, and even sew and cut for them, as long as they pay the cost of fabric ^_~

So who would like to come and when is good for people? I'm going to suggest off the bat that weekends are probably better for me, (that usually includes all of friday)

2. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Friday is by far the best day for me.

3. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Most weekends are fine for me. I've got fabric, sewing machine, etc., but no place in the house to sew right now, and no patterns, so any help would be most welcome, even if it's just a place to do the sewing myself.

The cloak shouldn't be too difficult, but I wasn't happy with the tunic pattern I got off the internet - it works for a man, or a woman with no hips to speak of, but I think I'd prefer to start over from scratch with a bit more tailoring.

4. DARKSIDE-DAVE

DARKSIDE-DAVE Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2004
    HELLO EVERYONE, I have a half DARTH VADER costume The helmet,the FX SABER the Gloves(not exact to vader's) the cloak inner and outer but no pants. My friend is Okay at sewing but I would really like to attend the release party in it but I was wondering if it would look bad to show up in a half a**ed costume??

Dave

5. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Well, it seems you're so close to finishing! If your friend can't help you with sewing up a quick pair of pants, perhaps we can? Why not bring what you have to the costuming meeting and we'll see what we can do for you? :)

6. TR0773

TR0773 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2003
    I have a several number of cape patterns that could probably be used for jedi outfits or other outfits that I can lend (I still need them) out for the costume night.

Randy

7. TR0773

Feb 22, 2003
    Just realized I have a portable sewing machine I can bring to the party and some good reference books for ideas to work on whatever outfit is planned, I have a Royal Guard Robe I need to make myself and Star Wars Insider has some excellent pictures of the upcoming outfits in the next movie note this might be a spoiler issue so if your an "UBBER" anti spoiler I wouldn't recommend perusing the last couple mags and the new recent edition especially.

Also I noticed a Darth Vader fan, he would be an excelent addition to the group! We could zip up something fast for his pants in time for the release and work on a better pair for the Final movie release later. That is of course unless we just help get the good pants done first.

Any other Ideas? ie. a date? How bout 2 weekends from this one?

Any junior fans want in on this? ie: under 18

Randy

8. DARKSIDE-DAVE

Aug 7, 2004
    I am the HUGE LORD VADER FAN!! Thank-you very much for the offer on the pants, I have been waiting 6 months for my other friend to do the finishig touches on my inner cape. Hopefully my height won't be to much of a problem, I am 6'5 if not that would be great. I am not to sure when the meeting is or where though.

-THANKS-
    Dave

9. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    6' 5"? Perfect for Vader!

Don't worry about the meeting location. It's be at someone's house, but we don't want to put personal info out here publically. We'll make sure one of us PMs you with the address and directions, or alternatively I can pick you up on our way to the meeting and give you a ride. Once a date is settled on, just send me a PM and we'll exchange phone numbers and make arrangements, okay? :)

10. DARKSIDE-DAVE

Aug 7, 2004

That sounds totally cool! Unfortunately my chest plate only consists of a plastic chest plate from one of those cheesy costume sets I bought 5 years ago! But I still feel that I must dawn my VADER garb whether complete or not, This is going to be a blast!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

11. Sionnach_Dearg

May 16, 2002
    *grins* well it's looking like friday is definitely a good day for people. I have, just so you all know, three working sewing machenes here at the house (although one of them hasn't been used in about a year so might need some oiling) but if we seriously want to do sewing anyone who wishes to bring their own machene as well is most welcome to.

Now, as this is wednesday, please post and let me know if this friday is good for you, or next, or if you would prefer a saturday (Der, I know you work weekends, right?) and what time all of you would prefer, and we can get this show on the road!

12. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    I likely wouldn't be ready to be sewing at the first meeting, but discussing costume options, getting some help taking measurments and drafting a pattern would be what I'd expect to be doing.

Oh, if anyone needs material or sewing notions, I would be happy to accompany them to FabricLand with my membership card so they can get a discount.

This particular Friday is no good for me, Sionnach. It's my daughter's birthday.

13. Sionnach_Dearg

May 16, 2002
    *nods* okay, so that's one "no" for this friday. It's still open for anyone else who posts before tomorrow saying they would like to come over and work costume stuff, if there's anyone who needs to get their stuff going ASAP, I'm sure - quite postive in fact - that we will have more than one costuming meeting, and yes, I didn't expect to be doing sewing at the first meeting either unless by some miracle somebody has some halfway-done stuff that needs fixing/finishing.

Anybody else out there have **TIMES** or particular days that fit their needs?

14. TR0773

Feb 22, 2003
    Well I guess I missed this Fri which is now 2 days ago anyone up for a fri, or weekend comin up, my ship is alongside now, so I have some more time to look into stuff and participate.

Randy

15. Sionnach_Dearg

May 16, 2002
    That's okay, Friday didn't end up happening either...I'm looking at next fri/weekend for the costuming help stuff.

everyone please **PLEASE** do post when you're available, I can't organize this stuff if I don't know who's coming and when!

the anxious kitsune

16. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    I can make it next Friday, after 6ish. Thursday evenings work for me as well, and just about anytime weekends.

17. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    Friday works for me too, Claire, any time, as I'll be kidless, and I don't work on Fridays.

*Derisa*

18. DARKSIDE-DAVE

Aug 7, 2004
    I would like to be part of the costume meeting if I may :) I don't know for sure because I may be starting a new job thursday or friday!? But I would really like to be apart of this,I just went and picked up my inner cape for my costume and I don't know the first thing about sewing but I believe it may need a HEMMING if anyone can assist me with this that would be RAD!! I don't know where to meet though.
    DAVE ;(

19. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    Claire will be PMing the attendees with address and directions once we have a time. :) Hope to see you there!

*Derisa*

20. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    I can hem. I can show you how to hem, too. It's not hard. :p Let me know if you need a ride there, okay? :)

21. haruwindsong

haruwindsong Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Okay, so yes, I'd like to be there. I HAVE THE JEDI SIMPLICITY PATTERN!!! Dug it out last night and set it aside. Would you like me to bring my Rebel issue boots? I can bring my entire Jedi robe set, with new boots so you can see the gusset put in at Stevenson shoes downtown (to fit those BIG calves --- over 14 inches). Lightsabers? I've got mine and the Anakin/Luke (original built from a GRAFLEX). What else? Oh, yeah. There's this windbreaker that I retired roughly nine years ago --- maybe I'll just wear it!

22. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    Cary! You made it!

By all means, please bring along whatever you have to show: the pattern will be very helpful, I'm sure, and I want to see the spats you made close up. :)

Looking forward to Friday!

*Derisa*

23. Rani Veko

Apr 22, 2000
    Looking forward to meeting you! Derisa's mentioned your convention experience and costuming! Welcome to our FanForce chapter, Cary. :)

- Rani

24. haruwindsong

Aug 2, 2004
    Thanks. I'll dig out what I can and see if I can contact Robin and get him to at least get me the MENACE Kenobi boots I fudged up (I say 'fudged' because I was working on way too short a fuse when I built them and they look like ***). I'll also bring my Rebel issue.

Hope you guys can pick up this non-driver --- no, I don't drive at all! Briana: Did you receive DECEPTION? Oh, and can I have permission to post my website at this forum?

25. haruwindsong

Aug 2, 2004
    Further to my last, Briana can you give me an approximate time and address? Just got off the phone with Robin. He's interested in attending but he won't finish up downtown until around 1800 hours. He has promised to bring the Kenobi boots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.